Joui

Admission of drug use at st lukes, is my visa automatically denied

189 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive read all ur concerns from a- z and sounds interesting..anyway good luck to your upcoming interrogation lol who knows the CO who will review ur case was the one who reviewed my case and she only asked "do u love ur fiancé" and after saying "yes indeed" she said im approved and wait for my Visa! And also keep praying that all that matters!Goodluck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive read all ur concerns from a- z and sounds interesting..anyway good luck to your upcoming interrogation lol who knows the CO who will review ur case was the one who reviewed my case and she only asked "do u love ur fiancé" and after saying "yes indeed" she said im approved and wait for my Visa! And also keep praying that all that matters!Goodluck!

Exactly what Candy was asked and exactly how she replied.

You have to tell the truth.

If you have been convicted of something or admitted to it in some official manner - tell the truth.

If there is no record like that, tell the truth: you never did any illegal substances. Because that's the truth.

Got it? Now, I'm looking for a brownie recipe. Not sure how much sweetner to put in there.

I agree. The OP is correct, this info can't help her now and I wish her the best of luck, but for anyone about to go thru the process. Don't ever admit to anything you did behind closed doors, if there is no public record of it . So you tried weed 10 years or 10 weeks ago. Nothing to be gained by admitting it .

When i signed up for the Army, they asked all of us, if we had ever used drugs. Of course i said no. Heck the recruiters even told us, don't dare get in there and admit to drug use. This was about 83 and I am pretty sure the vast vast majority of us had used some drug or another .

Don't burn your brownies, and your butter has a very brown tint to it !

Timeline

Is there a big amount of chance that the consul will still deny visa even if the psych has evaluated me as to not falling under the criteria of substance disorder? I hope the psychs eval will help

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there a big amount of chance that the consul will still deny visa even if the psych has evaluated me as to not falling under the criteria of substance disorder? I hope the psychs eval will help

I seriously doubt the CO will deny, I think they will go by the psych evaluation and say... all is good. Just my opinion but I have a good feeling.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello Joui,

I will let you know how it goes on my interview. Im scheduled for the next week. I also admitted a previous drug use and got very depressed after knowing that i might get denied from previous mistakes in life. I got over it and practiced all the possible questions for the actual interview instead. There are questions like fiance's work place, his mom's age, bday and stuff that I didnt think will be ask. So know all your fiance's details before the date of interview. Prepared all the papers and scrapbooks. Be confident , smile and be positive. I am also praying that everything goes well and I will pray that everything goes well for you too. Lets think about the future with our fiances, not the negative side. Focus during the interview. Goodluck to us.

Timeline

I was speaking to a doctor.. A situation where i thought has a doctor-patient privacy thing. Well I was wrong. So he was not a stranger. Whats unbelievable is that there are strangers like you who cant stick with the facts and does not care if you already act like a douchebag. Get a life man.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was speaking to a doctor.. A situation where i thought has a doctor-patient privacy thing. Well I was wrong. So he was not a stranger. Whats unbelievable is that there are strangers like you who cant stick with the facts and does not care if you already act like a douchebag. Get a life man.

SLEC is doing a medical for the embassy/visa application, not you... nothing is private.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Goodluck Yuri! Are you done with the personal evaluation with the psychiatrist? Goodluck on your interview!

Thank you Joui,Yes I am done with my psychiatric test last July but it takes 4-5 days for them to evaluate it. The questions were only about previous employment and confirmation courses that ive finished. He also asked me of how many times it happened and I just answered properly. I cannot live blaming myself for admitting it. I am done with the interview. The consular officers were very nice. My medical was late for delivery so I do not know the result yet . It is still under administrative processing so I will only recieve my passport back after 2-3 weeks, then I will know if its approved or denied but I think positively that it is approved. I got sick from the weather in Manila . My interview went well and it only took 3 minutes. She asked for questions about the relationship and the travels we did together. I was also too nervous but I kept talking to myself that everything will be alright. The lifetime ban is gone. No one will stop us with our dreams to be with our future (your hubby and mine)hehe :dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy: . Always smile to the consular officers. Goodluck on your interview.

Edited by Yuri S

Timeline

Hi Yuri,

Im glad the interview went well. Such a bummer that st lukes delays the medical results! But please do inform us about the result. I hope that everything goes to your favor. Good luck Yuri!

Timeline

Hi everyone. So my interview is tomorrow at the embassy. Just an additional concern that i hope anyone can give his /her input is that i checked NO on the question in the ds160 about "have i ever been a drug abuser/addict" but said YES on the question of the doctor if I have ever tried smokin weed at least once in my lifetime. Will there be any misrepresentation or inconsistency issue here? Is there a chance that the CO will question this and what do you think is the best answer here? Thanks a lot and wish me luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.