Joui

Admission of drug use at st lukes, is my visa automatically denied

189 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never admit drug use to anyone, Doctor, Police, Lawyer, etc...

I would tell them it was for religious purpose and it was only one time, if they ever asked me about it again

How do you know it was actual real pot? It could of been ditch weed or oregano you smoked.

VOL, on 26 Jul 2014 - 8:54 PM, said:

Never admit drug use to anyone, Doctor, Police, Lawyer, etc...

I would tell them it was for religious purpose and it was only one time, if they ever asked me about it again

How do you know it was actual real pot? It could of been ditch weed or oregano you smoked.

Let me provide you with something that you should consider before you expound your opinion.

18 U.S. Code § 1542 - False statement in application and use of passport

Whoever willfully and knowingly makes any false statement in an application for passport with intent to induce or secure the issuance of a passport under the authority of the United States, either for his own use or the use of another, contrary to the laws regulating the issuance of passports or the rules prescribed pursuant to such laws; or
Whoever willfully and knowingly uses or attempts to use, or furnishes to another for use any passport the issue of which was secured in any way by reason of any false statement—
Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 25 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate an act of international terrorism (as defined in section 2331 of this title)), 20 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate a drug trafficking crime (as defined in section 929 (a) of this title)), 10 years (in the case of the first or second such offense, if the offense was not committed to facilitate such an act of international terrorism or a drug trafficking crime), or 15 years (in the case of any other offense), or both.
Please stop telling people to "lie" about their drug use as it could have more consequences then following the normal path as laid out by USEM/US State Dept. in their requirements to legally attain immigration.
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Joui, on 24 Jul 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:Joui, on 24 Jul 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

Hi everyone, i am the beneficiary of a k1/fiance visa. I live in the Philippines. My fiancee and i have already prcoessed everything and i just had my medical examination at St.Lukes Manila. The physical examinator then asked me if I have EVER used/smoked marijuana in my entire life. Since I though that it was long ago, and i was speaking to a doctor, i said yes during my college days tried puffing once. He did not comment anything and wrote the info he obtained. I then asked him if it will affect my application and he said he does not think so. He referred me to a psychiatrist which i have to attend to on July 31. Is our dream to be together in the US over?

I only learned about the ban/denial just after admitting it to the doctor when i searched the internet. Im so disappointed that a past youthful situation will fireback and be taken against me. What should i do? My interview is on august 31. Are the consuls more lenient nowadays and will consider my application if the psychiatrist clears me? Been reading articles that the us embassy to manila dn st lukes are so infamous in denying applicants unlawfully. Thanks

When you have your interview with the psychologist and CO/USEM, IMHO you should tell them the truth. Be honest and forthright with your information. Show them your confidence and your truthfulness, and what you did was just a one time event, which has never been repeated. Having "experimented" in college some 10 years ago should not have a large baring on your case. I would think they would look at this for what it is, a young girl (you could be a male also, but your profile does not state your gender) "trying" something through curiosity and that she is not a drug seller or drug mule looking for a visa to substantiate her "habit".

Be honest in all your answers. Be sure to look the interviewer in the eyes when you answer as that will have a great baring on the outcome of the interview.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apple, thanks for sharing. What did the 18yo boy do during the 1year ban. Was he able to get his visa already and is already in the US now?

The boy already got his visa early part of this month (July).

My friend said the one year ban is counted from the date of the last drug use (not from the date of the medical or interview). So her brother contacted the embassy and he was advised to do the medical again (he paid the full medical fee). After the medical was completed, USEM advised to mail in his passport via 2GO (no fee). He no longer have to appear for another interview BUT he waited 3 months for his visa to be issued.

Edited by apple21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi apple, after seeing the timeline you sent the other day, it seems confusing. Did he just wait for additional 3months for the visa. I think more than 3 months. If the 1 year should start from the last drug use on Feb 2012, the visa should have been ready for issuance on Feb 2013? And 3 months after that is May 2013 right? Did he wait for 1 year and 2 months for his visa to be issued as its already July 2014!

If the countdown of the 1 year ban is from the date of the last drug use, what will happen to those who admitted drug use many years ago???

Timeline

Hi apple, after seeing the timeline you sent the other day, it seems confusing. Did he just wait for additional 3months for the visa. I think more than 3 months. If the 1 year should start from the last drug use on Feb 2012, the visa should have been ready for issuance on Feb 2013? And 3 months after that is May 2013 right? Did he wait for 1 year and 2 months for his visa to be issued as its already July 2014!

If the countdown of the 1 year ban is from the date of the last drug use, what will happen to those who admitted drug use many years ago???

Also, did the boy submit himself to quarterly drug testing during the 1 year ban or he just appeared to the medical at st lukes after the ban is lifted and that is 1 year after.

Timeline

Sorry I cannot give the exact timeline. I only posted what my friend told me. Her brother is currently attending university so I guess they prioritized his studies hence the "delay" but the timeline for the beneficiary to contact the embassy is one year from the date of last drug use plus the 3 months waiting time for visa issuance.

Timeline

Also, did the boy submit himself to quarterly drug testing during the 1 year ban or he just appeared to the medical at st lukes after the ban is lifted and that is 1 year after.

No drug testing was required while waiting for the ban to be over.

He was only required to do the medical again after the ban.

Timeline

Since it was many years ago, they'll probably let it slide. But who knows? Its the consul's discretion.

Good luck.

Timeline

Thanks apple21. But let me confirm that the guideline now is that there is no more lifetime ban and 3 years ban for admission of experimental marijuana am i correct? At least thats what i have been reading here. The lifetime ban was until 2006??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.