asafrommaui

No answer given after interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My wife had her interview at the Tokyo Embassy. She told me everything went smooth. The staff person asked her all the normal questions...when do we meet, where will we live, what do I do for employment etc. He was very "Matter of fact". He asked questions and while doing so was looking through various paperwork and was imputing data into a computer. She did give him her passport with all the other required things we were told to bring.

At the end of the 5 minutes at the window, he basically just told her they needed to do some final check in the computer and would contact her within a week. No "Approved or Not Approved" comment. They kept her passport. Everything seemed okay and we know that after 1 year and 4 months of this process that every I is dotted and T is crossed. We've met all the requirements for finances and neither my wife or I have criminal or Nat'l Security issues.

So what do I make of this? Is this common to tell the person that story about "Final Checks" and they will contact within a week? Would they say "Not Approved" and tell us why? Can we assume that it's probably approved and the Passport with the Visa will be sent to my wife in a few days?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Currently "Ready". However, Status Update Date has been only changed to 22 July from 18 July, today. Once it's approved, how do you see it on CEAC and it will be update on time? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.