3,165 posts in this topic

Also my sister's friend is F1 and her priority date is April 11 2006 and the visa bulletin indicates that current dates are January 15 2006, but has already finished her interview, passed and is now in Hawaii.

Is there are reason why they are not following the current dates? Aren't the current dates in A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED not table B? I'm confused.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
18 minutes ago, barnone said:

Also my sister's friend is F1 and her priority date is April 11 2006 and the visa bulletin indicates that current dates are January 15 2006, but has already finished her interview, passed and is now in Hawaii.

Is there are reason why they are not following the current dates? Aren't the current dates in A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED not table B? I'm confused.

They are following and NEVER giving visas in advance. Something here is missing, maybe her PD was 2005? Maybe she got legal status in US while waiting? Like students visa and etc.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, barnone said:

What is the shortest time to stay in the US once you have been petitioned? Once a US resident can you stay as little as 3-6 months per year?

Once you are resident, you have to stay no less than 6 months in US. Also, if you'll stay longer than 1 year in other country, you'll lose your GC. 

18 hours ago, Lain said:

Once you are resident, you have to stay no less than 6 months in US. Also, if you'll stay longer than 1 year in other country, you'll lose your GC. 

thank you!!! :) this means I can still go home

18 hours ago, Lain said:

They are following and NEVER giving visas in advance. Something here is missing, maybe her PD was 2005? Maybe she got legal status in US while waiting? Like students visa and etc.

just messaged her - she's F2B, not F1. My sister mixed up her situation. Sorry for the confusion.

when will be the last chance to change F1 to F2B? Seems like F1 is moving faster now but it might stop. Because for the past 6 years, F1 has moved around 11 years and F2B has moved only 7 years.

In some months the dates are moving backwards, example in May 2015 the current dates are February 1 2005, then the next month the dates moved to March 1 2000. What's happening here?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, barnone said:

thank you!!! :) this means I can still go home

just messaged her - she's F2B, not F1. My sister mixed up her situation. Sorry for the confusion.

when will be the last chance to change F1 to F2B? Seems like F1 is moving faster now but it might stop. Because for the past 6 years, F1 has moved around 11 years and F2B has moved only 7 years.

In some months the dates are moving backwards, example in May 2015 the current dates are February 1 2005, then the next month the dates moved to March 1 2000. What's happening here?

Well, in F1 it's 17 months till your PD will get current, in F2B 11 months. It takes around 1 month to get an approval letter for opt-out to F2B. Wait till 6 months, your case will be open by that time like F2B, as they don't know, that petitioner got naturalized. I think, that F1 will start move faster soon and in half a year will catch up F2B, so just wait a bit.

In June 2015 happened a nightmare for all applicants, called "retrogression". This happens when appear older cases ready for visas, like F2B moving to F1, as it was faster for 1-2 years and taking visas from this category, causing longer wait for F1.

New fiscal year starts from September VB with a new quota of visas and you can see, that they got back to 2005 in September 2016.

52 minutes ago, Lain said:

Well, in F1 it's 17 months till your PD will get current, in F2B 11 months. It takes around 1 month to get an approval letter for opt-out to F2B. Wait till 6 months, your case will be open by that time like F2B, as they don't know, that petitioner got naturalized. I think, that F1 will start move faster soon and in half a year will catch up F2B, so just wait a bit.

In June 2015 happened a nightmare for all applicants, called "retrogression". This happens when appear older cases ready for visas, like F2B moving to F1, as it was faster for 1-2 years and taking visas from this category, causing longer wait for F1.

New fiscal year starts from September VB with a new quota of visas and you can see, that they got back to 2005 in September 2016.

many thank you Lain!! You are so helpful!! :):)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

My mom recently immigrated to US (like 2 days ago). From i-130 it says Passport Biographic page and stamped Visa page can be used if Green Card is not yet on hand. I asked various people and some people says its fine, some says to wait for Greencard to avoid delays as RFE might be asked if plastic Greencard copy is not given during i-130 petition. 

Anyway, I want to apply asap so to get earlier priority date.

Anyway, does RFE gets asked ? Does RFE delays Priority date ? Or should I just wait for plastic Greencard as it might take 3 months +. Have anyone done such or knows such and how did it go with Passport Biographic page and stamped Visa page with i-130 submission ?

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
29 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

Hi,

My mom recently immigrated to US (like 2 days ago). From i-130 it says Passport Biographic page and stamped Visa page can be used if Green Card is not yet on hand. I asked various people and some people says its fine, some says to wait for Greencard to avoid delays as RFE might be asked if plastic Greencard copy is not given during i-130 petition. 

Anyway, I want to apply asap so to get earlier priority date.

Anyway, does RFE gets asked ? Does RFE delays Priority date ? Or should I just wait for plastic Greencard as it might take 3 months +. Have anyone done such or knows such and how did it go with Passport Biographic page and stamped Visa page with i-130 submission ?

Hi,

I-130 instructions says, that your mom can send passports page showing admission as a lawful permanent resident. So it should be fine or wait for your mom's GC, which should come faster than 3 months, mostly it arrives in 1-4 weeks.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
13 hours ago, Lain said:

Hi,

I-130 instructions says, that your mom can send passports page showing admission as a lawful permanent resident. So it should be fine or wait for your mom's GC, which should come faster than 3 months, mostly it arrives in 1-4 weeks.

Thanks mate !

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, Lain said:

You still have 2 weeks of waiting till your deadline. My docs NVC received on 22 November and completed the case on 22 of February and they took no more and no less, but just 12 weeks. You can log into CEAC and check your case, if you'll see the 3rd N/A by the AOS fee it means, that your case is already completed and you'll receive an email soon. Do you have your invoice number? If not, then you may ask for it, when you'll call to NVC.

Good luck:)

How come when I checked the status of my case, the AOS no is no longer visible. I only have the agent and the visa application left.

My case was completed sometime in March, and I received a letter that NVC's next step is to schedule me for an interview. My PD is Jan 06, 2007 under F2b, Visa bulletin shows August 2006 for the final action dates. I am not sure if it is normal that the AOS will suddenly disappear.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jrvc02 said:

How come when I checked the status of my case, the AOS no is no longer visible. I only have the agent and the visa application left.

My case was completed sometime in March, and I received a letter that NVC's next step is to schedule me for an interview. My PD is Jan 06, 2007 under F2b, Visa bulletin shows August 2006 for the final action dates. I am not sure if it is normal that the AOS will suddenly disappear.

Yes, it is normal, it dissapears after some time, when your case was completed and AOS accepted.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any idea when do we usually receive the interview schedule?

Does this happen few months before your pd becomes current or it should be current before you receive a schedule?

June 2017 bulletin shows September 2006 for F2b my PD is Jan 2007.

Does anybody know? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.