PBJ

Expecting denial, GOT APPROVED

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

APPROVED! TODAY MY K1 VISA WAS APPROVED!

I can't quite believe it's finally all over. I proposed six months ago amidst the greatest feeling of happiness i'd ever experienced. What followed was mountains of paperwork, a cruel amount of cash, and finding new levels of patience that could embarrass Job.

Then came the crash when I realised two police cautions from 12 years ago may ruin the California dream, and Kelsey and I were resigned to accept a whole other life, somewhere else. It was painful, it was stressful, and I couldn't find a hero anywhere.

Turns out I didn't need one after all, and the love and support of people around me got me over the finish line. I'M GOING TO AMERICA!

Deepest gratitudes to everyone here for their advice, patience and grace. You are good people, and this is a special community. I will do my best to continue contributing to the knowledge and service so that others can fulfil their dreams of love in the USA.

Thank you everyone!

(I will post a full breakdown of my situation, including advice specific to those with cautions, at a later date. Right now I'm off down the pub!)

David
x

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Were you the member who wrote about getting 2 cautions because you were close to the action in 2 burglaries but you had nothing to do with committing those crimes? I remember that one and told that member, who I think is you, that it would not count against you because nobody, including the police, thought you were guilty of any crime. As it turns out I was right.

I am glad to see a case where honesty gets rewarded. Had you denied those cautions, you would have been guilty of visa fraud. But by being honest you got honesty's reward.

Congratulations.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Were you the member who wrote about getting 2 cautions because you were close to the action in 2 burglaries but you had nothing to do with committing those crimes? I remember that one and told that member, who I think is you, that it would not count against you because nobody, including the police, thought you were guilty of any crime. As it turns out I was right.

I am glad to see a case where honesty gets rewarded. Had you denied those cautions, you would have been guilty of visa fraud. But by being honest you got honesty's reward.

Yes, thats me.

Its not quite that simple but I will explain in a more detailed post when I have the head space. It requires a better explanation of UK police cautions and how they are viewed under US immigration law. Misrepresentation is a whole other bag.

I do agree that honesty is vital to winning in this process.

I will come back with further info but right now i'm crawling boozers in East London for a celebratory sup.

Edited by PBJ

Timeline

Congrats! I miss the East London boozers. Have a good one!

My K-1 visa interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13931 Sorry for the grammar mistakes! I wrote this very quickly and am not able to go back and edit it!

My POE interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?trim=no&poe=JFK&page=1&dfilter=0

Native Northumbrian

100px-Flag_of_Northumberland.svg.png

Adopted New Yorker

100px-Flag_of_New_York_City.svg.png

Met in London, UK - 8th October, 2010

Fiancee moved back to NYC - October 2011

Two year long-distance relationship

I-129f sent - 10th September 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 24th September 2013

NOA2 - 18th October 2013 (so fast!!)

DS-160 sent - 14th November 2013

Readiness form submitted - 4th January 2014

Medical examination - 13th January 2014

Interview date - 11th February 2014

Visa approved!

Entered the US at JFK - 30th March 2014

Married! - 25th April 2014

Mailed AOS package - 8th May 2014

Recieved NOA for AOS - 12th May 2014

EAD/AP approved - 23rd July 2014

Received EAD/AP - 31st July 2014

Began working again! - 1st August 2014

Congrats for both of you. Sometimes what is worst in your mind actually it is not happen in reality.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Really had a smile on my face reading through that. Congratulations to you and Kelsey. Enjoy your hard-earned drinks!

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Amazing news! Congrats and cheers to another milestone! :dancing:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

I just gotta say I appreciate your positive attitude. Despite knowing you had some issues, you didn't constantly bellyache in every post with "oh woe is me, I better just quit now and go hang myself". You had concerns, but weren't so needy that you started a dozen threads begging for reassurance. You just marched on toward the finish line like a man to get the answer. You contributed to the forums and helped others along the way. Yay you!

Thanks Nich, that means a lot to me. I can tell you it wasn't so straightforward in my mind, and it got a bit choppy back there, but its all done for now. I respect this place too much to clog it up with pointless barking. I did spend weeks Googling questions and answers and scenarios and perspectives and opinions, with the prefix 'visajourney' of course, and most of my queries were answered that way. The internet is a powerful database of these things, and so we should always be careful and considered with what we contribute to it.

If at some point my story helps someone understand their own visa situation better, then it shall be worth me writing it down in more detail. I will get to that once i've dealt with this killer hangover...

D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.