MichelleNGeorge

Expedite AOS through Army?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys,

As I have already mentioned, I have been talking to Army recruiters and started the enlistment process.

Recently we stumbled upon cases where people in need and with legitimate reasons can schedule an appointment in their local office and expedite their AOS if they meet some of the ''Expedite Criteria''. http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Now since I speak several languages that qualify me for several Army jobs and the Army wants to recruit me, the recruiter wrote a little memo for me to show the officer when i got to my infopass appointment. It says:

Department Of The Army

U.S Army Recruiting Station

XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XX

XXXX.XXXXX.XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

XXXXXXX, XXXXXX is currently processing for the U.S. Army, through the XXXXX, XX U.S. Army recruiting Center. XXXXX, XXXXX meets all mental and physical pre-requirements and is only in need of his i551 card to complete processing.

If you have any questions regarding this memo, please contact me as soon as possible, (XXX)-XXX-XXXX.

Sincierly,

Signed by my Recruiter,
U.S. Army

Do you guys think we could be successful with this?

We do not have health care and my wife is the only one that works :( We have a low budget and we try our best to stay stabile. The army is NOW offering me the chance... The jobs slots are not always open, not always in demand. I do not want to wait 8-10 months and continue my application THEN if I am given the chance now.

The Army belongs to the Department of Defense so we were thinking that everybody profits from this. I want to enlist and serve THIS country... I am qualified so It should be in their interest too, right?

Please tell me what you guys think about it. Infopass or Letter? anything additional? I've seen a bunch of people being successful with the expedite, I want to try at least!

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

AOS filed: 04/04/14

Files received: 04/09/14

NOA1: 04/15/14

Biometrics letter: 04/18/14

Biometrics completed: 05/13/14

EAD shipped: 06/19/14

Potential interview waiver: 07/11/14

Unsuccessful Infopass: 08/11/14

Third expedite request approved: 08/26/14

GC in production: 08/26/14

GC received: 03/09/14

Enlistment oath for the US ARMY 28/10/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Why would they expedite it? For simply enlisting in the Army?

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Timeline

Why would they expedite it? For simply enlisting in the Army?

Yes.

For the fact that it is out of question that I'm qualified.

For the fact that its being offered to me NOW, not in 8-10 months.

For the fact that the Army needs people with critical language skills (check MAVNI to ensure I'm not making it up) and I do have these skills.

For the fact that the EAD limits my job offers and opportunities, I do not want any other job, I want the military.

Maybe even for the fact that I will be serving the government of the United States, not the Subway down the highway 17 (don't get me wrong, I love Subway).

For the fact that it is somewhat honorable to have the need of protecting a country that is not exactly the one you were born in.

We are financially in a bad spot and need the expedite, plus me being a part of the DOD would benefit the DOD, my language skills are high in demand and I can prove it within 2 minutes. Those two reasons are listed in the criteria.

Do I think I am someone special? No.

Do I think I deserve an expedite since I'm going a way that will somewhat benefit the US and Government and is potentially dangerous? Yes.

Lets see what they think about it :) I expect the worse and hope for the best.

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think it is a fairly good bet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

thank you, that motivates me!

I will let you guys know if I was successful or not.

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

Timeline

Okay so today around 1pm I called USCIS and explained our situation. I submitted our expedited request and got some kind of a "expedite number" to identify my case. She said our case will be reviewed and I will get an update in the next 5 days. Wish us luck guys!

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

Timeline

We contacted our congressman, explained our problem and asked for help to expedite our case. We emailed him at today at 8am and he answered at 10am (so fast!)! A privacy thing was attached to the email, which I had to file and fax back. As you can imagine we are more than grateful to get help from someone who's word carries weight! His "secretary" told us she will contact USCIS and do anything she can to help us! We're very excited about how everything will turn out.

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

Timeline

Just called USCIS to check on possible update (of course they will not update me on anything without us asking)... expedite request got denied since they assume that we dont meet the criteria... we were not even asked to show evidence... lets see if the congressman can help us.

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hey there again!

I now have obtained a Job Offer from the Army! I took my ASVAB earlier and I also have a great letter written by the first Sgt. of the recruiting office ASKING for an expedite request. Saying how i"d be a valuable asset for the country and the Army.... anyways, I submitted another expedite request on monday last week, was asked for evidence the same day, sent off my evidence the same day. I was not given a fax number, instead I was asked to mail my documents to the Atlanta field office, which i did. That was 8 days ago. On Saturday I got the usual automated mail from the office, saying that they have received a letter from me and that they will take care of it in the order it has been received. So basically nothing regarding the evidence I have sent.

My question now, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE for my evidence to be reviewed? I called and they said it could take up to two months?? Thats so long... i asked for an expedite on my GC BECAUSE we could not wait that long. My job offer is valid for 7 days only but can be extended one more times... for 7 more days... what can i do? how long does it usually take??

maybe someone can help to clear this up, id be forever thankful!

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

Timeline

A call woke us up today! A USCIS officer was asking my wife to fax him our marriage licence! We got excited of course, calls are not to common. We faxed it off and today, just 30 minutes ago the status changed from acceptance to card production!! Finalyyyyy...

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.