tberta.brooks

Been there done that . . . doing it again

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First let me say hello everyone, I have been away for a while, over a year. For those who are unaware of my story . . . i have been with my Jamaican man for 4 years now. Last year I started the process and got all the way up to several interview dates at the Jamaican embassy. Unfortunately, (and unbeknownst to me) my man was NOT ready to come to america . . . therefore, he missed about 3-4 different appointments dates . . . after much sole searching and to put it bluntly a dark time in our relationship . . we have remained together and worked through his issues. I have been to the island about 3 times since . . .

Well, currently we would like to start the process of again, i have contacted the embassy and they have advised me that my original petition has expired and i must start over again. My question is has anyone been in this situation before and since last year are there any additional forms that i need to be aware of? thank you for all your help . . .

Vickie

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First let me say hello everyone, I have been away for a while, over a year. For those who are unaware of my story . . . i have been with my Jamaican man for 4 years now. Last year I started the process and got all the way up to several interview dates at the Jamaican embassy. Unfortunately, (and unbeknownst to me) my man was NOT ready to come to america . . . therefore, he missed about 3-4 different appointments dates . . . after much sole searching and to put it bluntly a dark time in our relationship . . we have remained together and worked through his issues. I have been to the island about 3 times since . . .

Well, currently we would like to start the process of again, i have contacted the embassy and they have advised me that my original petition has expired and i must start over again. My question is has anyone been in this situation before and since last year are there any additional forms that i need to be aware of? thank you for all your help . . .

Vickie

You pretty much just need to reapply again, pay any applicable fees. When it asks you if you've ever applied for a visa for someone before, I believe you will want to answer yes. Be sure to have a good but truthful explanation of why the last visa didn't get approved. That you're applying again for the same person may be a positive, it's not like you did a divorce and now looking to get another person into the country.

Just take care with filling out the forms and be honest and you should be fine.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No you just do it all again except to include the waiver statement for filing snother petition within a two year period.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And make sure to withdraw his old K-1. Doesn't take much, just a notarized letter to the embassy advising them you are withdrawing it and plan to resubmit a new one. Keeps things much simpler for the bureaucrats so they can close the old one cleanly.

Also dont use the old forms, as they have been updated. Go to USCIS website and download new forms.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Follow the VJ guide and download the most recent forms and instructions. Follow the new form edition instructions for filling out the forms. Include a waiver statement since you had a petition approval within the last 2 years : http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

2. What Filing Limitations Does IMBRA Place on K-1 Nonimmigrant Petitioners?
a. You have previously filed K-1 petitions for two or more beneficiaries; or
You must apply for a filing limitations waiver if any of the following apply:
b. You previously had a K-1 petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since the filing date of such previously
approved petition.

To request a waiver, submit a written request with this petition accompanied by documentation supporting your claim
to the waiver.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!

Happy for you, keep moving forward.

I-130:

03-16-2013: Marriage JAMAICA

05-31-2013: I-130 Noa1

02-25-2014: NOA2

NVC

03-10-2014: Case # and IIN assigned (both cases hubby and step daughter)

04-14-2014: DS261and AOS available

04-15-2014: AoS fee paid

04-21-2014: IV fee paid

04-23-2014: AOS mailed next day

05-14-2014: fake checklist for civil documents

Called and was told AOS was reviewed and accepted

05-16-2014: IV documents scanned in

05-19-2014: another check list asking for civil docs.called and confirmed.

05-23-2014: called for update. There just waiting to review the package scanned in on

06-13-2014 CC

06-24-2014 called and recived interview date

06-25-2014 interview. Email

08-05-2014 interview

08-05-2014 APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey Pink . .

Thank you guys . . grrrr - what we do for love????

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.