superjazzy

NO APPOINTMENTS

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are waiting for an appointment slot to open up at the US Embassy in Manila. She checks multiple times daily as do I. There are "no appointments" available right now. We've been told to just check repeatedly and hope that something opens up. That seems pretty open-ended to me, so is there a system in place where we will be granted an appointment, based on the date we paid our interview fee? Are we in any kind of a line, based on our payment date, or can anyone who pays after us just bounce in front of us if they get lucky and a slot opens up that we missed when checking for available appointments? I don't mind waiting our fair turn for a slot to open up, but I'd at least like to know that we're in some kind of line and that others who are waiting after us can't jump in front of us. Thank you. Any insights would be appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are waiting for an appointment slot to open up at the US Embassy in Manila. She checks multiple times daily as do I. There are "no appointments" available right now. We've been told to just check repeatedly and hope that something opens up. That seems pretty open-ended to me, so is there a system in place where we will be granted an appointment, based on the date we paid our interview fee? Are we in any kind of a line, based on our payment date, or can anyone who pays after us just bounce in front of us if they get lucky and a slot opens up that we missed when checking for available appointments? I don't mind waiting our fair turn for a slot to open up, but I'd at least like to know that we're in some kind of line and that others who are waiting after us can't jump in front of us. Thank you. Any insights would be appreciated.

Nope, you are not in any kind of line, and it doesn't matter what date or time you pair your visa fee. Be alert, grab a date when they appear.

The calendar has been crowded for a few months now because of the expedites for the victims of Yolanda, once those folks have cleared through thing will get back to normal (whatever that is ;) )

Right now everyone is sitting around waiting for the July dates to become available, randomly an earlier date pops up because of someone canceling but those are rare.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You just have to keep trying; it's first-come, first-serve.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

when my fiancee created her profile in the USEM appointment secured website she made an error on her birth year instead of 1964 she put 2064 and there is no option to correct it. will that be a problem? what should i do?

01-29-2014: I-129F sent

02-03-2014: NOA1 (txt & email)

02-07-2014: A# changed

02-14-2014: NOA1 hard copy

04-03-2014: NOA2 (via e-mail)

04-05-2014: NOA2 hard copy

04-15-2014: NVC received- got case number and invoice ID#

04-17-2014: in transit to consular section

04-20-2014: Consulate received; status "Ready"

04-21-2014: Paid visa fee at BPI

04-25-2014: NVC letter received

04-27-2014: Scheduled appointment for May

05-06-2014: Medical - 1st day

05-07-2014: Medical - 2nd day

05-15-2014: Interview

Timeline

I'm beginning to suspect that appointment openings that result from cancellations are only displayed to people who already have an appointment and are looking for an earlier one.

Nope... everyone can see them.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hello everyone! I have also been trying numerous times a day checking the their website hoping to get an appointment for my son on a to-join K2 derivative visa. Crossing my fingers the calendar would pop out soon!

If anyone here can answer my question, I would appreciate it. Does my son need a consent form from his biological father (as we were annulled) on his interview? Its not in the list of requirements but I read somewhere in other threads that some submitted a consent to travel form signed by the other parent (biological). If yes, is there a standard form of just an affidavit from the father?

Thanks in advance and if anyone here gets lucky to see the calendar pop out please let me know. I really wanted to be with my son on his birthday this coming July 6:(

Gertrude

Timeline

Hello everyone! I have also been trying numerous times a day checking the their website hoping to get an appointment for my son on a to-join K2 derivative visa. Crossing my fingers the calendar would pop out soon!

If anyone here can answer my question, I would appreciate it. Does my son need a consent form from his biological father (as we were annulled) on his interview? Its not in the list of requirements but I read somewhere in other threads that some submitted a consent to travel form signed by the other parent (biological). If yes, is there a standard form of just an affidavit from the father?

Thanks in advance and if anyone here gets lucky to see the calendar pop out please let me know. I really wanted to be with my son on his birthday this coming July 6:(

Gertrude

No. You, the mother has sole custody of your child, unless something was noted in the annulment.

Will your son be traveling with anyone other then you to the USA?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hello Hank! thanks for the reply! He just has visiting rights in the annulment.

My k1 visa was issued last dec 12,2013 and I left for the US Jan 7,2014. We opted to let him finish the school year till March 2014. Reason being he was left behind. And now that I am trying to get an appointment for his interview sadly no available.

If he be issued a K2 visa, he would be travelling alone as a minor (15y/o)

Timeline

Hello Hank! thanks for the reply! He just has visiting rights in the annulment.

My k1 visa was issued last dec 12,2013 and I left for the US Jan 7,2014. We opted to let him finish the school year till March 2014. Reason being he was left behind. And now that I am trying to get an appointment for his interview sadly no available.

If he be issued a K2 visa, he would be travelling alone as a minor (15y/o)

You may want to check into have an authorization letter for him traveling alone. Travel alone at 15 is no big deal for your son, he is probably looking forward to it.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You may want to check into have an authorization letter for him traveling alone. Travel alone at 15 is no big deal for your son, he is probably looking forward to it.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

yes, we are really looking forward to it. the only problem now is there are no available appointments at the US embassy:( Was planning to let him fly here in sometime June just in time for us to be together on his 16th -day on July 6. I really hope and pray we get an appointment soon. Please update me if you have any information on the availability of' appointment soon.

thanks! really appreciate it!

Timeline

yes, we are really looking forward to it. the only problem now is there are no available appointments at the US embassy:( Was planning to let him fly here in sometime June just in time for us to be together on his 16th -day on July 6. I really hope and pray we get an appointment soon. Please update me if you have any information on the availability of' appointment soon.

thanks! really appreciate it!

Best suggestion I have is for you to keep checking the scheduling website as random openings do show, some for May even. Otherwise July will be the soonest openings.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.