19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey guys , our interview is coming soon . We hope that you guys can give us some advises

No one has agree to be our co sponsor but I have a job offer in the Us plus my last year foreigner income was greater than the porverty limit. My new job is also my old job few years ago. Plus , an employment letter from the new job. Is that help? We are both young and well educated .

Thanks guys

Hi - I saw you have a few threads on this, and Jay-Kay has replied to you in this one: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/490085-question-for-i-134

As she said, a job offer is not likely to be enough for the affidavit of support without a co-sponsor. If you can't get one, your fiance will likely receive a 221(g) form requesting evidence that she will not become a public charge once she is in the US. She will have one year to provide this evidence before the petition expires. Since you also mentioned in another thread that your job starts just a few days after the interview, perhaps you could return to the US ahead of your fiance, and generate a bit more supporting evidence once the job has actually started (e.g. new letter from your employer, first month's paycheck) to be submitted after the interview. This will also help with proving your intent to re-establish domicile in the US.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

with my beneficiary and I it would be a 2 person household. I make 12,000 a year and my co signer makes 13,000 is this enough or do I need to find someone who makes 20,000?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

with my beneficiary and I it would be a 2 person household. I make 12,000 a year and my co signer makes 13,000 is this enough or do I need to find someone who makes 20,000?

Not enough. Your income and the income from the co-sponsor are not combined. You need one co-sponsor that meets the requirement for their own household size plus the foreign fiance(e). http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome to VJ

You dont have a co-signer per se that "adds" in with your disability checks. I beleive it is called a co sponser that has to qualify 100 % since your own income is under the poverty level for 2. jay kay already answered that ....sorry i edited to say i did not read above. dont mean to be repetative.

On a personal side note...have you read any of the posts in MENA about how difficult it is for some that come here to find employment? and if they are blessed enough.. to get a job, it is not at the level they dreamed about?

With you receiving 12,000 in SSD.....if your fiance does get approved....he will have to EAD after the marriage and that takes 90 days to the filing date...so leagally he cannot work until he gets the authorization. One needs to figure in these months without employment.

Be cautious with your calcuations for your/fiance's financial situation. Not just ready with your K1 paperwork.

Just my 2 cents coming from being on this wonderful journey....did both K1 and Spousal visa.

It is a costly endevour.

Edited by Inluv

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.