wittyabkter

After Boot Camp, when can I petition my Fiance?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone ! I saw this part regarding Military-Related threads. And I fervently hope you can all advise me about my situation.

I'm going to Chicago next month for my training at the boot camp with an E-3 rank. During the 2-month training, my US Citizenship will be expedited, which I'm really looking forward to. As of now, I'm only a green card holder. After the training in July, I will move to Pensacola, Florida to start as PACT Airman.

Honestly speaking, one of my real reasons of joining the military is to get my fiance in the Philippines here in the US. I heard that FIANCE VISA is most probably the fastest to get him here. So of course, naturally, I will do the fastest way to be able to petition him.

So here are my questions:

When should I submit a petition for Fiance Visa?

And can I take him with me on my first command or station?

Thank you all so much for your answers.

HOO RAH !!

Tell your CO in boot camp that you're there to get citizenship so that you can bring your fiance from the Philippines to the US. This will ensure that your boot camp training is expedited as well and you can get to your deserved outcome even sooner.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah, save yourself from the reality that you don't have any advice to give, so you rather shift the whole topic to something not useful.

I didn't give my real name. So your threat doesn't even pinch me.

I'm sure Harpa can defend herself. She's intelligent. But, oh man. One scope of these forums to see her posts is enough to know Harpa most definitely had advice to give. Addressing your habitual lying habit is "useful" because maybe, just maybe, it'll help others see through you in the future.

You're not rather bright. You're choosing the wrong people to lie to on these forums. (In other words, the intelligent, helpful, knowledgable ones).

Military shud never acpt liars and dishonest ppl. Iam really sad ppl like u (liar & dishoenst) r going to secure our borders.

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed, if you cannot post constructively do not post at all~~

~~Multiple threads merged, do not post multiple threads for the same or similar topic~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I applaud the people for wasting their time on viewing the difference -- without giving any useful advice.

You're so ungrateful :angry: . People have already given you useful advice based on your ever changing "circumstances".

FYI, all your posts are recorded in your profile for everyone to see. :secret:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

From someone who has Military blood in their family, your statement about what your true reason is of joining is pretty despicable..

I agree! That is a pretty bad reason for joining. -_-

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! what was his rank ? Did he petition you for fiance visa ? Are you guys living together now?

He's E-5. Yes he petitioned me and we're not living together yet. I'm in my home country (i'm the beneficiary).

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.