LenaR

Post NOA2 paper activity in Ukraine. What can I finish while waiting for package 3?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good day everyone!

Gladly, we already got our NOA2 (with hard copy) on April 17. No news after that, but I guess it's ok.

If I understand it right, we just need to wait a package that will come to my home in Ukraine with instructions what to do. It will take few weeks to send it to embassy and around a week before they will send me this package 3, right? Well, it's ok.

Anyway, since as we got our NOA2 just in 2 weeks we haven't really had mych time to goo deep into all this post NOA2 paper work while waiting :/ So I need so me help, please.

1. His part

My fiance is coming to visit me in Ukraine for my birtday and can bring me all papers that I require for next steps instead of sending them. And if we're not missing anything he needs to bring:

- I-134 signed

- Statement(s) from the employer with position, all dates, salary marked there

- Document from bank with total amount deposited for the past year and curent balance

- Certified copy from court house of his divorce decree (it was made years ago, but was a photo copy or something... we didn't know if the copy he had will work, so had to call to court house named on that paper and request for new one)

- Copy of NOA2 (do I need one?)

- cover letter as it was in our petition

- letter of intent, but with fresh date

- the exact copy of package he sent at the very begining? Just I-129f or WHOLE thing with biography forms for both of us, work, letters

Do I miss something? Anything else HE needs to prepare?

2. My part

I already have a copy of all translated documents like

- divorce decree

- my birth certificate

- passport (because there are stamps with dates about being divorced, too)

All possible proofs are alredy made (chats, sms, skype, stamps, tickets and travel info ...)

But as long as I still don't have any mail from embassy, I'm not sure if I can prepare anything else.

- Can I make my police record?

Or should I wait for package? Some people say that police record paper expires in 30 days ... and I have no idea how long it takes to make it here. So just want to coordinate it a little if it's possible...

- Can/should I pay for visa?

As long as I already had B1-B2 visa,I have an old account on tha site where you need to make registration to be able to make an appointment for interview. And to be able to do that, one of the steps is inserting code from paid receipt in bank.

Should I do it now while I wait or I have to get package first?

Just want to do as much as I can while waiting and solve the rest in few days after getting package. medical takes here one day, will get results in a same day. The embassy shedule is pretty empty lately, closest available date is just 24 hours away already for a week (yeah, I was checking every day )) it moves, but stays in a same range), so it seems possible to do it fast =)

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats!

You are missing some things for him:

I-864 which is the Affadavit of Support

Tax Returns - He should supply 3 years...they should be the transcript from the IRS website

His original birth certificate

You don't need the document from the bank. This is what the I-864 covers

Also, your documents do not have to be translated if they are in Ukrainian, Russian, or English. A nice to have, but not required.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good day everyone!

Gladly, we already got our NOA2 (with hard copy) on April 17. No news after that, but I guess it's ok.

If I understand it right, we just need to wait a package that will come to my home in Ukraine with instructions what to do. It will take few weeks to send it to embassy and around a week before they will send me this package 3, right? Well, it's ok.

Anyway, since as we got our NOA2 just in 2 weeks we haven't really had mych time to goo deep into all this post NOA2 paper work while waiting :/ So I need so me help, please.

1. His part

My fiance is coming to visit me in Ukraine for my birtday and can bring me all papers that I require for next steps instead of sending them. And if we're not missing anything he needs to bring:

- I-134 signed

- Statement(s) from the employer with position, all dates, salary marked there

- Document from bank with total amount deposited for the past year and curent balance

- Certified copy from court house of his divorce decree (it was made years ago, but was a photo copy or something... we didn't know if the copy he had will work, so had to call to court house named on that paper and request for new one)

- Copy of NOA2 (do I need one?)

- cover letter as it was in our petition

- letter of intent, but with fresh date

- the exact copy of package he sent at the very begining? Just I-129f or WHOLE thing with biography forms for both of us, work, letters

Do I miss something? Anything else HE needs to prepare?

2. My part

I already have a copy of all translated documents like

- divorce decree

- my birth certificate

- passport (because there are stamps with dates about being divorced, too)

All possible proofs are alredy made (chats, sms, skype, stamps, tickets and travel info ...)

But as long as I still don't have any mail from embassy, I'm not sure if I can prepare anything else.

- Can I make my police record?

Or should I wait for package? Some people say that police record paper expires in 30 days ... and I have no idea how long it takes to make it here. So just want to coordinate it a little if it's possible...

- Can/should I pay for visa?

As long as I already had B1-B2 visa,I have an old account on tha site where you need to make registration to be able to make an appointment for interview. And to be able to do that, one of the steps is inserting code from paid receipt in bank.

Should I do it now while I wait or I have to get package first?

Just want to do as much as I can while waiting and solve the rest in few days after getting package. medical takes here one day, will get results in a same day. The embassy shedule is pretty empty lately, closest available date is just 24 hours away already for a week (yeah, I was checking every day )) it moves, but stays in a same range), so it seems possible to do it fast =)

Thanks!

I don't know if it's relevant for you but the US embassy says in K-1 section "We no longer send the information packet and forms as they are available from this website." The contents of the package may be found here. And among other stuff, there's this highly useful file detailing translations, payment info and such. Btw it says "The police certificate is valid for ONE YEAR."

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is no packet 3 in Ukraine. You do not need to wait for anything from the embassy. They will send you a letter saying they got your case, but you do not need this letter.

Follow the instructions here: (instructions for K visa applicants) http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/visa-forms.html

Or here in Ukrainian if it's easier for you to understand (Довідник з питань оформлення віз для наречених та віз типу К3): http://ukrainian.ukraine.usembassy.gov/application-forms3.html

Follow the instructions exactly and you should not have any problems with them. They're very easy to deal with as long as everything's filled out that they want.

The police record is valid for 1 year. Ignore people that say it expires in 30 days. My fiancee also heard people say that. It doesn't matter when it expires for any other purposes, the embassy accepts it for 1 full year.

You can pay now if you wish, the payment is also valid for 1 year. It might be best to pay now as the Hryvnya is currently very unstable and you might pay more if you wait.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

Congrats!

You are missing some things for him:

I-864 which is the Affadavit of Support

Tax Returns - He should supply 3 years...they should be the transcript from the IRS website

His original birth certificate

You do not need I-864 for embassy. You need I-134. I assume they'll accept I-864 too, but you do not need it. It's only needed for AOS.

You do not need petitioner's birth certificate - neither original nor a copy - petitioner's birth certificate might have been used to prove US citizenship of the petitioner and that was already proved to USCIS, you do not need to prove it to the embassy. You do need the beneficiaries' original birth certificate.

You also do not need NOA2 (you will need NOA2 for AOS) nor the I-129F packet submission (as the embassy already has it from USCIS). Pretty much just follow the instructions on the page I gave you and make sure you have everything that's listed there. You can bring in more stuff just in case so it makes you feel better, but they don't care about it and will just give it back to you if you try to give it to them. They didn't care for new letters of intent when we went either. They just wanted exactly what's in the instructions and nothing else.

10/17/13 - POE - JFK
11/21/13 - Wedding

2/4/14 - Biometrics

5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

There is no packet 3 in Ukraine. You do not need to wait for anything from the embassy. They will send you a letter saying they got your case, but you do not need this letter.

Follow the instructions here: (instructions for K visa applicants) http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/visa-forms.html

Or here in Ukrainian if it's easier for you to understand (Довідник з питань оформлення віз для наречених та віз типу К3): http://ukrainian.ukraine.usembassy.gov/application-forms3.html

Follow the instructions exactly and you should not have any problems with them. They're very easy to deal with as long as everything's filled out that they want.

The police record is valid for 1 year. Ignore people that say it expires in 30 days. My fiancee also heard people say that. It doesn't matter when it expires for any other purposes, the embassy accepts it for 1 full year.

You can pay now if you wish, the payment is also valid for 1 year. It might be best to pay now as the Hryvnya is currently very unstable and you might pay more if you wait.

Oh, thanks a lot!
Gonna go and make police certificate today then :)
BTW, will I still have updates on USCIS site after case was forwarded to embassy or should I look elsewhere?
Edited by LenaR

Timeline

Thanks everyone!

Oh, thanks a lot!
Gonna go and make police certificate today then :)
BTW, will I still have updates on USCIS site after case was forwarded to embassy or should I look elsewhere?

NO. USCIS hands it off to the NVC, which then hands it off to the embassy. Thus it's all Department of State from then on. After you get your KEV number from the NVC, you can track progress at the DoS site: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Once it says ready, you can schedule interview.

10/17/13 - POE - JFK
11/21/13 - Wedding

2/4/14 - Biometrics

5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.