4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance was refused a visa last year for marijuana in Jamaica. He becomes eligible Aug 1 this year. I have made several attempts to contact the embassy to find out how the process works. They have said that he will need another medical and police certificate but I know he needs a letter from them to get the medical done. I have asked them if they will send a letter with a new appt date so he can make the medical appt or what? All they will respond with is he isn't eligible yet. They tell me to contact them Aug 1. Aug 1 falls on a Fri and they say it takes them 5 business days to respond and there are times they have taken up to 7 business days. Is there anyone who has been through this process before that can explain how it works?

Filed: Timeline

Never been thru it ,but I'd say Email them 4-5 days prior to

Aug 1st requesting the appt letter which you'll need to get

in, put his NVC # in subject line too, along with phone # in

email that's needed for interview, depending on where his

medical was done he could call and ask of they'll take old

papers to re-do medical...anyone can walk in and do a police

record with passport and photos after its paid for at tax

office...that he can do 3 wks prior to interview, but not too

early it last 6 mths only. Advise him to smoke no weed, stay

out of bars or areas where ppl smoke that stuff. Depending on

how busy the are U could get a response in 3 days

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Woo hoo! Now I know the process, as I had to go through without knowing but it was much simpler and easier than I expected. I got an email back from them on Apr 24 and they told me to email them in July. With consideration of the 5 day turn around, I emailed them yesterday in hopes of getting a response on July 1. Lo and behold, they actually responded same day with an interview date and list of documents. This is so surreal, as the year has gone by so fast. I am excited beyond words!!!! My baby could be here in 2 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.