Mistere

Picture on Certificate of Naturalization

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Last one was biometrics using an ink jet printer on that non-photographic certificate paper. Image was faded, colors were off, lighting was poor, but the good news is, the DOS accepted it for a US passport.

But nothing we would want to frame and hang on the wall.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks NickD. Good to know. I received an email saying that they will take a picture at biometrics appointment, looks like that might be the one. But you are right what matters is that it will work as proof of citizenship and to get a US passport, which is what we are all after. My driver's license picture is nothing to write home about also...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I got my certificate and as NickD said picture was the one from biometrics. I didn't even like the picture it was poor quality colors, faded... I actually expected to be better since it was coming from a government agency whose fighting counterfeits. But once you have a certificate and apply for US passport you won't need it again. Good luck.

The photo on the Certificate of Naturalization is the one they took at your biometrics appointment.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The photo on the Certificate of Naturalization is the one they took at your biometrics appointment.

Arrrgh, that's not good news for me. I had biometrics less than a year ago , so most likely when I apply next month, I might be told I don't need a new one. The picture I took on that day was horrible! I hate seeing it on my 10yr green card. I wont like to be stuck looking at that on my cert for life.

Is it possible to insist on having a new bio appointment? The biometrics fee is not refunded anyway, so why not use it?

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Arrrgh, that's not good news for me. I had biometrics less than a year ago , so most likely when I apply next month, I might be told I don't need a new one. The picture I took on that day was horrible! I hate seeing it on my 10yr green card. I wont like to be stuck looking at that on my cert for life.

Is it possible to insist on having a new bio appointment? The biometrics fee is not refunded anyway, so why not use it?

My apologies - I should have been more specific.

The photo they will use on your Certificate of Naturalization, is the photo that they will capture during your N-400 biometrics.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

:oops: i thought they are using the passport pictures which mailed with the N-400 for the certificate... my biometric picture was much worse than the passport photo.... :cry:

Thanks for the replies. I guess the biometrics appointment picture it is... I have a feeling it's going to look like a "mug shot". :hehe:

This website is so cool, if you ask and look around you can find answers to just about everything you're wondering about. Thanks again NickD, silkafi88 and latoslatos...

They used the picture I sent with my application. The officer had me sign them at the interview and that's the picture they pasted on my certificate.

Thanks for your reply. When I had my biometrics appointment I asked about it and they said that they could use either one. I was just wondering, but like someone mentioned before, after you get your passport it's going to be put away for a long while :rolleyes:

Thanks again and congratulations...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When it comes to what photos they use or whether they have same day oaths, depends on which of the 80 different field offices you were assigned to.

In our case, all of our biometrics was performed in the Milwaukee office, but finalized at the St. Paul office. But we never questioned this, just wanted to get it done and over with.

A friend of my wife only lived 30 miles from St. Louis, but on the Illinois side, but was assigned to the Chicago office, she tried to change, but added 15 months to her processing period. Ha, made the comment if they sent us to the Seattle office for biometrics, would fly there, just to get this over with.

• 3 years later...

just found out this old post. 

When taking the picture at the fingerprint appointment, does it follow the same rules as taking the U.S. passport picture? like,no earing, no necklace, no eyeglasses. no smile,ect. ...I am wearing eye glasses everyday because of short-sighted vision. 

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 05/2012, EB-1A 140 approval
  • 02/2013AOS / I-485 approval and received green card
  • 11/2017, N-400 e-filed (5-year term)
  • 09/2018, N-400 approval 
  • 10/2018, oath day
  • 11/26/2018, minor child N-600 mailed out(USPS)
  • 04/12/2019, N-600 approval letter  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.