millionmileslove

CFO walk through updated 2014, a learning experience

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Yes, you do that online

Info on CFO in my link below, follow the flashing arrow.....

Hey Hank, quick question. I have just printed out my appointment letter for CFO and I noticed that there are 2 parts of the Appointment letter that needs to be addressed. I have the 1st section's requirements but I'm not sure about the 2nd section because I dont have the "Original CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate and the duly completed emigrant registration form".

1st section says

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program.

- Original and photocopy of 2 valid ID cards with photograps.

- Duly completed Guidance and Counseling Form

- Payment of Php 400.

And the 2nd section says

Requirements for Registration.

- Original and photocopy of passport

- Original and photocopy of visa

- Original CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate

- Duly completed emigrant registration form.

Please advise....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Hank, quick question. I have just printed out my appointment letter for CFO and I noticed that there are 2 parts of the Appointment letter that needs to be addressed. I have the 1st section's requirements but I'm not sure about the 2nd section because I dont have the "Original CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate and the duly completed emigrant registration form".

1st section says

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program.

- Original and photocopy of 2 valid ID cards with photograps.

- Duly completed Guidance and Counseling Form

- Payment of Php 400.

And the 2nd section says

Requirements for Registration.

- Original and photocopy of passport

- Original and photocopy of visa

- Original CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate

- Duly completed emigrant registration form.

Please advise....

Are you processing in Singapore or in the Phils? CFO is Phils only.

Anyway, the second part is for after the seminar when you get the actual sticker in your passport, at that time you will have those items.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Are you processing in Singapore or in the Phils? CFO is Phils only.

Anyway, the second part is for after the seminar when you get the actual sticker in your passport, at that time you will have those items.

I came back to Philippines to spend time with my family before I leave for the US, so yes. I will be going through the CFO processing. I guess I dont have to worry about the 2nd part till after my CFO seminar then. Thats when they give me that Emigration Registration Form to fill up is that correct? Oh and I clicked the link to your site but it didn't load up.

Thank you Hank.

Timeline

I came back to Philippines to spend time with my family before I leave for the US, so yes. I will be going through the CFO processing. I guess I dont have to worry about the 2nd part till after my CFO seminar then. Thats when they give me that Emigration Registration Form to fill up is that correct? Oh and I clicked the link to your site but it didn't load up.

Thank you Hank.

Site is working, just checked it. (seems to be some internet issues between here and the Phils right now as I can't access a couple of the government sites there either. )

So you have your visa already, then yes the rest you will have after completing CFO.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Site is working, just checked it. (seems to be some internet issues between here and the Phils right now as I can't access a couple of the government sites there either. )

So you have your visa already, then yes the rest you will have after completing CFO.

Yup. Have my Visa already. Thanks again Hank. Really appreciate your help :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CFO was able to stop a lot of women from being a mail-to-bride victim. Fraud relationships and fake documents are made so a Filipino woman will be allowed to enter US to be molested, abused and sold as prostitutes. These cases have been increasing and gladly CFO is here to help us.

So do you also believe in Unicorns and Santa Claus?

Is it necessary to have US visa in the passport before scheduling CFO seminar or can my asawa do seminar while waiting for USEM interview?

Off topic: What do you do while standing in line from 3-6AM while waiting to enter???

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Timeline

Is it necessary to have US visa in the passport before scheduling CFO seminar or can my asawa do seminar while waiting for USEM interview?

Off topic: What do you do while standing in line from 3-6AM while waiting to enter???

Did your wife attend CFO to change her passport to her married name already or is this the first time? Only need to attend once is my point here.

If she has never attended yet; 1) CFO Manila is done by appointment only now, scheduling is done online, so no waiting hours in line anymore. Cebu is still first come first served. 2) She can attend CFO before the visa is in the passport, then return later to get the sticker once she has the visa.

There is info in my link below for CFO (same for spouses and fiancee's)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Did your wife attend CFO to change her passport to her married name already or is this the first time? Only need to attend once is my point here.

If she has never attended yet; 1) CFO Manila is done by appointment only now, scheduling is done online, so no waiting hours in line anymore. Cebu is still first come first served. 2) She can attend CFO before the visa is in the passport, then return later to get the sticker once she has the visa.

There is info in my link below for CFO (same for spouses and fiancee's)

This will be her first CFO seminar. She will be traveling to the US on her maiden name Phil PP. We were aware of online time slot scheduling so was puzzled by the comments of early AM arrivals. Guess I didn't bother to look at the original posting dates.

After arrival in the US is it advisable, possible, difficult to exchange her current passport for one with her new surname?

While she has time we would like to complete as many bureaucratic steps as we can ahead of time. Good to hear she can complete seminar and then go back for docs after she gets visa..

Thanks.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Timeline

This will be her first CFO seminar. She will be traveling to the US on her maiden name Phil PP. We were aware of online time slot scheduling so was puzzled by the comments of early AM arrivals. Guess I didn't bother to look at the original posting dates.

After arrival in the US is it advisable, possible, difficult to exchange her current passport for one with her new surname?

While she has time we would like to complete as many bureaucratic steps as we can ahead of time. Good to hear she can complete seminar and then go back for docs after she gets visa..

Thanks.

Upon completion of the seminar your wife will get a certificate (this is forever) that she brings back with the visa and the immigrant data sheet + a copy.

Renewing a passport in her married name requires an in person visit to the consulate representing your state or attending an outreach event when they come to a town near you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you need an appointment for the CFO class?

No, its a first come first served basis but they have a quota because they orient in small groups so go early.......

PS: i had my CFO seminar march 2014, check their website for updates...

Thanks

Faith can move mountains :D

TIMELINE

I-129F Sent : 2013-09-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-10-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-02

Interview Date : 2014-03-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-03-22

US Entry : 2014-04-17

Marriage : 2014-05-12

Processing Estimates/Stats :

Your I-129f was approved in 25 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 156 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2014-06-06

NOA Date : 2014-06-19

RFE(s) : none

Bio. Appt. : 2014-07-11

Interview Date :2014-09-22

Approved : Yes

waiting for greencard

Timeline

No, its a first come first served basis :no: but they have a quota because they orient in small groups so go early.......

PS: i had my CFO seminar march 2014, check their website for updates...

Thanks

That is wrong if you are referring to CFO Manila, that is done by appointment only! Only Cebu is walk-in, first come - first served

EFFECTIVE 15 MAY, 2014!!!!!!! CFO seminar for Manila will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Do you need an appointment for the CFO class?

Most of what you need to know can be found here:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

that was quite rude vol, regardless of the situation you need to go through it in order to board the plane.

but yes cfo is a way for philippine government to track its people leaving the country for good (filipinos migrating to another country), that's its purpose and nothing more. the sad thing is they disguised it as a form of help for immigrants but in reality it can be compared to tagging an animal to identify it from the rest, don't get me wrong i have nothing against it because it is necessary for every government to track its own people, but they need to present it as it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.