millionmileslove

CFO walk through updated 2014, a learning experience

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ friends, :dancing:

This is my CFO experience last march 26, 2014 (k1 visa holder)

Official CFO website: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

REQUIREMENTS:

• 2 valid ID (with picture on it like driver’s license, passport, PRC. Check their website for accepted IDs)
  • Photocopy of the 2 valid IDs (IMPORTANT NOTE: it is not indicated in the website to photocopy your IDs but it is posted on the CFO entrance door so photocopy your IDs to lessen the hassle)
  • Passport and Photocopy of the bio page (the page with your picture in it)
  • Photocopy of Visa page (US visa page on your passport)
  • Registration form (downloaded and printed from their website)
  • Other documents: I was asked for my fiancée (petitioner’s) naturalization certificate or birth certificate and passport photocopy some I met there was asked to present pictures of them together so I suggest consider bringing evidences you brought at USEM interview. However, for spousal visa I know only a little but im sure you should bring your marriage certificate for those fiancé visa holder with divorced marriages you should bring your documents too
  • FOR THOSE WITHOUT PASSPORT: if your passport is still with USEM, your appointment letter (with your interview schedule) will be enough in replacement of the passport and visa requirement

HOW TO GET THERE ON COMMUTE?

From south: Ride Lawton bus (ask if it will pass taft PGH or Roxas blvd)

If from Roxas blvd. get down at Quirino Blvd cross the street at Ospital ng Maynila and ride a taxi from there 50php

If bus route to taft PGH etc get down at Quirino bus stop (it’s the LRT station) cross the street to MCDO and ride taxi from there 50php

What to tell the taxi: CITIGOLD building CFO

Why taxi? There are no jeepneys available going there and at very early time you cannot ride anything except taxi

EXACT LOCATION

GOING HOME? There are Lawton bound from citigold. I got down at Quirino bus stop (LRT station) cross the street and found Coastal provincial terminal buses Whoala! Youre good to go

STEP 1: Get in line at the RAMP. It is on your left side if youre facing the building

IMPORTANT NOTE: the CFO is first-come-first-served basis with limited slot available so better line up on the proper line. I knew some who got there the other day and needed to came back because the slots were full. it was a Wednesday when i went there, there were only 30 of us i think and the line was not that long. I got there 5am and i was nervous because i was i think around the 26th on the line. some said they were there at 3am. Oh my. But we were all accommodated for the 9am slot so i think Wednesday is a good day to go.

6am CFO opened

STEP 2: Present these on the CFO Officer upon entrance:

He will get/check your:

• 2 valid IDs
  • Photocopy of your 2 valid IDs

Get 1 of your IDs and give you an ID with letter F (fiancé?) and you can get you ID before leaving CFO

He will also check you documents so get these also ready:

If he checked that you're docs are complete he will then instruct you to proceed to 3rd floor.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The elevator takes forever. Try the stairs.

STEP 3: Location: 3rd floor

On your left upon entering there is a counter, approach and she will ask you your case and country.

Ex. I told her K1 visa USA (because some are from other countries like Australia and Europe)

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you have kids with you that are also being petitioned, tell it also to the receptionist because there will be additional forms and may require other steps.

She will hand you a form (quite like the registration form we fill-up online, so just copy the details you have placed there)

IMPORTANT NOTE: in the registration form she will hand you, these unique questions will be asked. Maiden name of the petitioner’s mother and educational level of the petitioner (with specific degree/vocational details) better ask your petitioner in advance because some I saw phone called their fiancée/spouses youre blessed if he/she is out of work.

After you fill it out you need to go back to her and submit the registration form with other requirements:

IMPORTANT NOTE: for spouses, marriage contract will be asked and for those without passport/visa your appointment letter (schedule of interview) will be enough and you just need to come back with your passport for the sticker.

STEP 4: PICTURE TAKING

While she checks your documents she will ask you basic questions like:

• Your name and birthday
  • Petitioner’s name and birthday
  • Are you/ have you been married?

Then takes a picture of you

After that she will tell you what time the counseling is and what room. I got 9am room USA.

It was 7:30am so I went down to eat. You are allowed to go outside.

STEP 5: Counseling 9:10am

I have read a lot of negative comments on CFO here on VJ but here is my positive experience and how I see CFO counseling as one of the MOST IMPORTANT part of your k1/spousal journey. If the USEM/USCIS screens petitioner’s ability to support us so we won’t be their country’s burden and checks us if we have communicable disease that may infect their citizens, the CFO is our protector from them. The CFO was able to stop a lot of women from being a mail-to-bride victim. Fraud relationships and fake documents are made so a Filipino woman will be allowed to enter US to be molested, abused and sold as prostitutes. These cases have been increasing and gladly CFO is here to help us. CFO counseling will inform you where to go for help, what to do on departure and POE even how to apply AOS, processing time before you are finally a US citizen and even make you realize what struggles you may encounter, how to deal with them and the privileges you have the right to have. What if your fiancé/spouse leaves you? What if he doesn’t want to continue the petition? What if he abuses you? Even the employment processes will be discussed and any question will be answered so get your inquiries ready because CFO is there to help.

STEP 6: 10:30am ONE-ON-ONE Interview

This is the reason (CFO Officer explained) why they cannot accommodate many applicants per day because of the one on one interview and a counsel is much better in small groups (which I think is true).

QUESTIONS ASKED TO ME:

• What is your name and Petitioner’s name?
  • What is your Petitioner’s work?
  • How did you meet?
  • How long have you been in a relationship?
  • What are your plans, long term?

Then she asked me for a copy of my fiancée Naturalization or birth certificate and passport bio page. Some are asked to present pictures.

That’s about it. She told me to wait at the ground floor for releasing. Saw her write OK in the form. :dancing:

STEP 7: CASHIER

Name was called and I paid 400php

STEP 8: FINAL STEP: RELEASING

My passport was released with the certificate stapled at one page and the sticker stapled at another page. :goofy:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. Check your name on the sticker and certificate
  2. Feel the dry seal on certificate and sticker (no dry seal is considered invalid)
  3. Your certificate is considered LIFETIME so never give the original if DFA or any agency ask for it only show them the original and give them the PHOTOCOPY

***For those who would like to attend the CFO counseling without their passport, you just need to present your ORIGINAL certificate and give them your passport for sticker placement purposes after you have availed your visa/passport. Best time: 11am to 2pm for those who will only need to get their sticker placed just proceed to ground floor windows.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert; I am not a part of CFO just sharing my experience. This is the latest procedure as of March 2014. Godbless our journey

Faith can move mountains :D

TIMELINE

I-129F Sent : 2013-09-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-10-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-02

Interview Date : 2014-03-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-03-22

US Entry : 2014-04-17

Marriage : 2014-05-12

Processing Estimates/Stats :

Your I-129f was approved in 25 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 156 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2014-06-06

NOA Date : 2014-06-19

RFE(s) : none

Bio. Appt. : 2014-07-11

Interview Date :2014-09-22

Approved : Yes

waiting for greencard

thanks for sharing! I'll have my CFO at Cebu on 2nd week of May so hopefully mine will go smoothly :)

AOS TIMELINE

07-14-14: Mailed AOS packet via USPS express mail

07-15-14: AOS packet delivered

07-17-14: Got email notification from USCIS

07-21-14: received 3 NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP) from the mail

07-28-14: received biometrics appointment letter (schedule on 08-11)

08-11-14: biometrics done

08-19-14: status is on "Testing and Interview"

09-11-14: EAD/AP approved

09-19-14: EAD/AP combo card received

10-06-14: case status update - interview scheduled on 11-06-14

10-08-14: received interview notice in the mail

11-06-14: Interview (Approved)

11-06-14: case status update "Card/Document Production"

11-07-14: case status update "Welcome Notice was Mailed"

11-13-14: case status update "Card was mailed to Me"

11-15-14: received GC and Welcome letter

ROC TIMELINE:

09-07-16: mailed I-751 packet

09-09-16: ROC packet delivered

09-14-16: check cashed

09-16-16: NOA received

09-26-16: Biometrics appointment received

10-12-16: Biometrics done

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exelent and very informative! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Anyways, im planning to have my CFO this coming Monday March 31, do you think that I should get there around 3am just to make sure I'll be accommodated for the seminar? And for the valid id's I only have my passport and half portion of my NBI clearance. Is it acceptable? I don't have other valid id's aside from those id's I mentioned.

Your advise will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)

Timeline

Exelent and very informative! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Anyways, im planning to have my CFO this coming Monday March 31, do you think that I should get there around 3am just to make sure I'll be accommodated for the seminar? And for the valid id's I only have my passport and half portion of my NBI clearance. Is it acceptable? I don't have other valid id's aside from those id's I mentioned.

Your advise will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)

If you can be there that early its better.. there are people there that early also anyways.. NBI is good I also used my passport.. Goodluck!! And thank you for your comment

TIMELINE

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

waiting for greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. What if didnt have my interview appointment yet? Can i just go there w valid IDs n my passport just to attend GCC? Pls i need some opinion cuz my fiancé wants me to attend while I'm still waiting to have my interview.

Timeline

Hello. What if didnt have my interview appointment yet? Can i just go there w valid IDs n my passport just to attend GCC? Pls i need some opinion cuz my fiancé wants me to attend while I'm still waiting to have my interview.

Yes I think you can. Just bring some documents I suggest like NOA just incase they will be needing it. And just go back when you have your passport.

My only reason why I decided to wait for my visa before cfo is to never return and finish it in one day. Because I live far from manila. if you have decided to do cfo first you need to return for the sticker after you receive your passport. The only benefit is you are sure to have a sticker already and can pass by the cfo anytime, worry free. So its up to you, but your question can be done.

TIMELINE

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

waiting for greencard

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you can complete CFO early, a copy of the interview appointment confirmation is not a requested document at CFO

Click my link below this post for info on CFO

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I am looking for suggestions and recommendations from those who have been through the CFO interview and are between the ages of 18-21 years of age. If there are any experts out there your feedback will be greatly appreciated as well.

My fiancee will be going to the CFO the week of April 28th for her seminar. She will be turning 21 in 6 months. Her mother passed away 10 years ago and her father abandoned them when she was still a baby and have never had any contact with him since. She and her siblings have been pretty much on their own depending on what their mother left for them while she was still living. I started providing her financial support since 2011 when we first became friends prior to us even started dating because I genuinely wanted to help. Through the years we became close and fell in love with each other. Since she is now 20 1/2 yrs of age and have been on her own, will CFO still require her to have a letter of consent? Will a consent from one of the older siblings sufficient? Why is CFO requiring such a letter of consent when we are getting married here in the US and not there in the Philippines? I had also read CFO's website and It stated that its supposed to be a seminar. If it is a seminar then why do they require all these documents when she had already passed her visa interview and the visa had been issued and in her possession already.

Please share your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am looking for suggestions and recommendations from those who have been through the CFO interview and are between the ages of 18-21 years of age. If there are any experts out there your feedback will be greatly appreciated as well.

My fiancee will be going to the CFO the week of April 28th for her seminar. She will be turning 21 in 6 months. Her mother passed away 10 years ago and her father abandoned them when she was still a baby and have never had any contact with him since. She and her siblings have been pretty much on their own depending on what their mother left for them while she was still living. I started providing her financial support since 2011 when we first became friends prior to us even started dating because I genuinely wanted to help. Through the years we became close and fell in love with each other. Since she is now 20 1/2 yrs of age and have been on her own, will CFO still require her to have a letter of consent? Will a consent from one of the older siblings sufficient? Why is CFO requiring such a letter of consent when we are getting married here in the US and not there in the Philippines? I had also read CFO's website and It stated that its supposed to be a seminar. If it is a seminar then why do they require all these documents when she had already passed her visa interview and the visa had been issued and in her possession already.

CFO is all smoke and mirrors for the most part. Have the letter of consent signed and notarized by family member, and she should be good to go....

Just have one of her siblings to a

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the oldest sibling is/was her legal guardian. CFO sometimes asks for this, sometimes not. Personally I would have the oldest sibling do the consent form (notarized), provide a copy of a photo ID and for your fiancee to explain as you have here.... SHOULD CFO ask for the consent letter, if they don't ask don't volunteer information. ;)

CFO has nothing to do with the embassy or the interview, but your fiancee is not leaving the country without the CFO sticker. Questioning the "why" about CFO is like talking to the wind...

For more information on CFO follow the flashing arrow below, then click on the CFO tab

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi ask ko lang po sana kung talagang magkaiba yung number sa stamp/sticker sa passport. yung Emigrant No. A- XXXXXXX from the Immigrant Data summary, yung AXXXXXXX?
At nung natapos nyo po ang seminar binigyan po ba kayo ng CFO information kit ayon sa flowchart ng website nila? Wala po kasing binigay sakin after ng seminar maliban sa certificate na mukhang check at yung stamp/sticker sa passport ko na may emigrant no. A-XXXXXXX. please reply po sana thank you

---------------------------------

Hi would just like to ask if the Emigrant Number (A-XXXXXXX) on the CFO Sticker should be or shouldn't be different from the A number on the Immigrant Data Summary the AXXXXXXXX?

And when you finished the seminar did they gave you the CFO information kit as shown in the flowchart on their website? I attended the seminar and didn't get one.

A reply would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Timeline

Hi ask ko lang po sana kung talagang magkaiba yung number sa stamp/sticker sa passport. yung Emigrant No. A- XXXXXXX from the Immigrant Data summary, yung AXXXXXXX?

At nung natapos nyo po ang seminar binigyan po ba kayo ng CFO information kit ayon sa flowchart ng website nila? Wala po kasing binigay sakin after ng seminar maliban sa certificate na mukhang check at yung stamp/sticker sa passport ko na may emigrant no. A-XXXXXXX. please reply po sana thank you

---------------------------------

Hi would just like to ask if the Emigrant Number (A-XXXXXXX) on the CFO Sticker should be or shouldn't be different from the A number on the Immigrant Data Summary the AXXXXXXXX?

And when you finished the seminar did they gave you the CFO information kit as shown in the flowchart on their website? I attended the seminar and didn't get one.

A reply would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Hello there!

You shouldnt worry because Immigrant Data is a US number code for immigrants while CFO emigrant data is Philippine government agency generated code. magkaiba talaga sila ng code.... ang CFO pinas lang ang nagchecheck ng stamp ang certificate so di ka nila papalabasin ng bansa without it pero once youre here in America you wont be needing those, but you must keep it to change your pinas passport name to your married name...

TIP: i just let it be stapled on my passport (the certificate) since its a lifetime certificate dont lose it, you can fold it so it wont be hanging out from your passport

sorry for the late reply :)

happy to help

Edited by millionmileslove

TIMELINE

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

waiting for greencard

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

REQUIREMENTS:

• 2 valid ID (with picture on it like drivers license, passport, PRC. Check their website for accepted IDs)
  • Photocopy of the 2 valid IDs (IMPORTANT NOTE: it is not indicated in the website to photocopy your IDs but it is posted on the CFO entrance door so photocopy your IDs to lessen the hassle)
  • Other documents: I was asked for my fiancée (petitioners) naturalization certificate or birth certificate and passport photocopy some I met there was asked to present pictures of them together so I suggest consider bringing evidences you brought at USEM interview. However, for spousal visa I know only a little but im sure you should bring your marriage certificate for those fiancé visa holder with divorced marriages you should bring your documents too
  • FOR THOSE WITHOUT PASSPORT: if your passport is still with USEM, your appointment letter (with your interview schedule) will be enough in replacement of the passport and visa requirement

If from Roxas blvd. get down at Quirino Blvd cross the street at Ospital ng Maynila and ride a taxi from there 50php

If bus route to taft PGH etc get down at Quirino bus stop (its the LRT station) cross the street to MCDO and ride taxi from there 50php

Why taxi? There are no jeepneys available going there and at very early time you cannot ride anything except taxi

EXACT LOCATION

GOING HOME? There are Lawton bound from citigold. I got down at Quirino bus stop (LRT station) cross the street and found Coastal provincial terminal buses Whoala! Youre good to go

STEP 1: Get in line at the RAMP. It is on your left side if youre facing the building

IMPORTANT NOTE: the CFO is first-come-first-served basis with limited slot available so better line up on the proper line. I knew some who got there the other day and needed to came back because the slots were full. it was a Wednesday when i went there, there were only 30 of us i think and the line was not that long. I got there 5am and i was nervous because i was i think around the 26th on the line. some said they were there at 3am. Oh my. But we were all accommodated for the 9am slot so i think Wednesday is a good day to go.

6am CFO opened

He will get/check your:

• 2 valid IDs
Get 1 of your IDs and give you an ID with letter F (fiancé?) and you can get you ID before leaving CFO

If he checked that you're docs are complete he will then instruct you to proceed to 3rd floor.

On your left upon entering there is a counter, approach and she will ask you your case and country.

Ex. I told her K1 visa USA (because some are from other countries like Australia and Europe)

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you have kids with you that are also being petitioned, tell it also to the receptionist because there will be additional forms and may require other steps.

She will hand you a form (quite like the registration form we fill-up online, so just copy the details you have placed there)

IMPORTANT NOTE: in the registration form she will hand you, these unique questions will be asked. Maiden name of the petitioners mother and educational level of the petitioner (with specific degree/vocational details) better ask your petitioner in advance because some I saw phone called their fiancée/spouses youre blessed if he/she is out of work.

After you fill it out you need to go back to her and submit the registration form with other requirements:

IMPORTANT NOTE: for spouses, marriage contract will be asked and for those without passport/visa your appointment letter (schedule of interview) will be enough and you just need to come back with your passport for the sticker.

• Your name and birthday
  • Petitioners name and birthday

After that she will tell you what time the counseling is and what room. I got 9am room USA.

I have read a lot of negative comments on CFO here on VJ but here is my positive experience and how I see CFO counseling as one of the MOST IMPORTANT part of your k1/spousal journey. If the USEM/USCIS screens petitioners ability to support us so we wont be their countrys burden and checks us if we have communicable disease that may infect their citizens, the CFO is our protector from them. The CFO was able to stop a lot of women from being a mail-to-bride victim. Fraud relationships and fake documents are made so a Filipino woman will be allowed to enter US to be molested, abused and sold as prostitutes. These cases have been increasing and gladly CFO is here to help us. CFO counseling will inform you where to go for help, what to do on departure and POE even how to apply AOS, processing time before you are finally a US citizen and even make you realize what struggles you may encounter, how to deal with them and the privileges you have the right to have. What if your fiancé/spouse leaves you? What if he doesnt want to continue the petition? What if he abuses you? Even the employment processes will be discussed and any question will be answered so get your inquiries ready because CFO is there to help.

This is the reason (CFO Officer explained) why they cannot accommodate many applicants per day because of the one on one interview and a counsel is much better in small groups (which I think is true).

QUESTIONS ASKED TO ME:

• What is your name and Petitioners name?
  • What is your Petitioners work?
  • How did you meet?
Then she asked me for a copy of my fiancée Naturalization or birth certificate and passport bio page. Some are asked to present pictures.

Thats about it. She told me to wait at the ground floor for releasing. Saw her write OK in the form. :dancing:

My passport was released with the certificate stapled at one page and the sticker stapled at another page. :goofy:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Check your name on the sticker and certificate
  • Feel the dry seal on certificate and sticker (no dry seal is considered invalid)
  • Your certificate is considered LIFETIME so never give the original if DFA or any agency ask for it only show them the original and give them the PHOTOCOPY
***For those who would like to attend the CFO counseling without their passport, you just need to present your ORIGINAL certificate and give them your passport for sticker placement purposes after you have availed your visa/passport. Best time: 11am to 2pm for those who will only need to get their sticker placed just proceed to ground floor windows.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert; I am not a part of CFO just sharing my experience. This is the latest procedure as of March 2014. Godbless our journey

This is very helpful for me! Because I will be going there tomorrow for CFO seminar, thank you so much!

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

REQUIREMENTS:

• 2 valid ID (with picture on it like driver’s license, passport, PRC. Check their website for accepted IDs)
  • Other documents: I was asked for my fiancée (petitioner’s) naturalization certificate or birth certificate and passport photocopy some I met there was asked to present pictures of them together so I suggest consider bringing evidences you brought at USEM interview. However, for spousal visa I know only a little but im sure you should bring your marriage certificate for those fiancé visa holder with divorced marriages you should bring your documents too

If bus route to taft PGH etc get down at Quirino bus stop (it’s the LRT station) cross the street to MCDO and ride taxi from there 50php

EXACT LOCATION

6am CFO opened

He will get/check your:

• 2 valid IDs

IMPORTANT NOTE: in the registration form she will hand you, these unique questions will be asked. Maiden name of the petitioner’s mother and educational level of the petitioner (with specific degree/vocational details) better ask your petitioner in advance because some I saw phone called their fiancée/spouses youre blessed if he/she is out of work.

• Your name and birthday
  • Petitioner’s name and birthday

I have read a lot of negative comments on CFO here on VJ but here is my positive experience and how I see CFO counseling as one of the MOST IMPORTANT part of your k1/spousal journey. If the USEM/USCIS screens petitioner’s ability to support us so we won’t be their country’s burden and checks us if we have communicable disease that may infect their citizens, the CFO is our protector from them. The CFO was able to stop a lot of women from being a mail-to-bride victim. Fraud relationships and fake documents are made so a Filipino woman will be allowed to enter US to be molested, abused and sold as prostitutes. These cases have been increasing and gladly CFO is here to help us. CFO counseling will inform you where to go for help, what to do on departure and POE even how to apply AOS, processing time before you are finally a US citizen and even make you realize what struggles you may encounter, how to deal with them and the privileges you have the right to have. What if your fiancé/spouse leaves you? What if he doesn’t want to continue the petition? What if he abuses you? Even the employment processes will be discussed and any question will be answered so get your inquiries ready because CFO is there to help.

QUESTIONS ASKED TO ME:

• What is your name and Petitioner’s name?
  • What is your Petitioner’s work?
  • How did you meet?

That’s about it. She told me to wait at the ground floor for releasing. Saw her write OK in the form. :dancing:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. Check your name on the sticker and certificate
  2. Feel the dry seal on certificate and sticker (no dry seal is considered invalid)
  3. Your certificate is considered LIFETIME so never give the original if DFA or any agency ask for it only show them the original and give them the PHOTOCOPY

Quick question. Where you mentioned on the requirements part about a Registration Form. Is that the form that I got after I made an appointment online and printed it out?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.