amitraisharma

K1 visa AOS interview coming up 15th April Los Angeles

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

First can i say that without this site I would not have got to this stage. I have followed the information I have found here almost to the letter and it has never failed thus far. Once I am done I will provide my entire experience and timelines for others to hopefully find useful.

I have a question. I have my interview coming up at 2.15pm on the 15th april. I am currently getting my package together (joint bank account, pics, marriage cert, my wife filed for taxes with my name added and as married etc). I have a question around the medical side.

I had my medical for the K1 visa in July 2013 - i was told it was valid for a year - is that the case? I have submitted the vaccination record required which when i did the medical was marked "incomplete" - the nurse wrote this and stated they do this on almost all forms. I got some shots while there to make sure all was up to date and 1 of them i had to get done 4 weeks later. I got the 2nd shot done and the nurse at my surgery wrote the date etc so technically now my form is complete (sorry for the granular detail, just making sure I paint the picture).

My question is a) does the medical I have last a year and b) will the vacination record be fine as per how I have filed it?

I filed for my EAD at the same time but that has not arrived yet. from what i have read i think they may just bypass that given my interview is in 3 weeks.

I filed for AOS on the 27th Jan (thats the date on the USCIS site) so im glad things are moving real quick. Fingers crossed I can get my conditional GC approved at the interview.

Finally, anything anyone can suggest who has recently had their interview in LA would be much appreciated.

If all goes well I am so looking forward to my freedom again (Driving licence, Social Security Card, Working etc).

Thank you all in advance and Visajourney.com - you guys are the best.

Best Regards

Amit.

Hi All,

First can i say that without this site I would not have got to this stage. I have followed the information I have found here almost to the letter and it has never failed thus far. Once I am done I will provide my entire experience and timelines for others to hopefully find useful.

I have a question. I have my interview coming up at 2.15pm on the 15th april. I am currently getting my package together (joint bank account, pics, marriage cert, my wife filed for taxes with my name added and as married etc). I have a question around the medical side.

I had my medical for the K1 visa in July 2013 - i was told it was valid for a year - is that the case? I have submitted the vaccination record required which when i did the medical was marked "incomplete" - the nurse wrote this and stated they do this on almost all forms. I got some shots while there to make sure all was up to date and 1 of them i had to get done 4 weeks later. I got the 2nd shot done and the nurse at my surgery wrote the date etc so technically now my form is complete (sorry for the granular detail, just making sure I paint the picture).

My question is a) does the medical I have last a year and b) will the vacination record be fine as per how I have filed it?

I filed for my EAD at the same time but that has not arrived yet. from what i have read i think they may just bypass that given my interview is in 3 weeks.

I filed for AOS on the 27th Jan (thats the date on the USCIS site) so im glad things are moving real quick. Fingers crossed I can get my conditional GC approved at the interview.

Finally, anything anyone can suggest who has recently had their interview in LA would be much appreciated.

If all goes well I am so looking forward to my freedom again (Driving licence, Social Security Card, Working etc).

Thank you all in advance and Visajourney.com - you guys are the best.

Best Regards

Amit.

I'm going tomorrow for my interview and have left it late to go through everything. I will let you know how it goes, however I'm in New York. Do you know if you need copies of your certificates (marriage, birth etc) as we don't have any just the originals which we are taking. We already have given them everything so I hope this is ok. I'm not sure if there medical is valid, are you not able to contact the dr or uscis and ask, I remember I was told actually just before I did none and can't remember if it was a year or 3 months ( i think its one year tho) but whatever the answer I got it from uscis. I too am looking forward to freedom, I just hope it all goes well tomorrow. I'm concerned only that we don't have loads of documents for bona fide marriage. We haven't filed our latest tax return nor did we even know that I could be on his tax return seeing as I'm not a resident yet and don't have any registration here at all for anything. The lease is under his name as the realtors said couldn't be on it, as are all the bills. We have a joint bank account and people have sent us christmas cards and invitations addressed to both of us which should satisfy the 'we live together' proof..I hope.

We don't have wedding photos bc we are waiting till we can afford a ceremony, we literally just went to a courthouse and purposely kept it cold with no photos as I want to wait for my real big day. (sounds silly i know) We have loads of photos of us over the last 3 years we have been together and some with our families..but thats really about it. If they ask us questions we should be fine we just don't have loads of 'evidence'. I'm hoping this will be ok?? Anyway I could let you know about our interview tomorrow here in nyc if you like?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ideally I believe you should take a copy of everything I.e. original plus at least one copy of your entire file. This is mainly if they need it or for some reason it has been missplaced in their copy of your file.

I would have thought they would have notified me with a RFE if my medical had expired but from what I've read about it seems like a year. I will try and contact the doctor in the UK and find out and/or call Ucsis. Which number did you call to actually speak to someone?

With regards to your evidence, take everything you have with both your names on it. If your appointment is late in the day go first thing tomorrow to your leasing office and ask them to type a note why they can't put you on your husband's lease agreement.

Any pics you have of you both with friends and family before you can to the US and after you should take with you.

From what I've read be polite and respectful but don't offer up too much information....this can be harmful and prompt for more questions unnecessarily.

Wish you best of luck and please let us all know how you get on.

All the best and fingers crossed for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.