107 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello just wanted to say my I601 was received on april 8.I got a boiler-plate rfe in july 26 turned in on aug 26.Uscis said I should be receiving a response within 60 days which leads me to believe it will be around Oct 8.It is very similar when I did my I 130.Good luck everyone its not eazy going through this process.

Hello just wanted to say my I601 was received on april 8.I got a boiler-plate rfe in july 26 turned in on aug 26.Uscis said I should be receiving a response within 60 days which leads me to believe it will be around Oct 8.It is very similar when I did my I 130.Good luck everyone its not eazy going through this process.

thanks for the info.. I hope I get it before the 60 days since I have an open interview at the embassy that will expire nov 25.

• 5 weeks later...

hi did you get a response from uscis after sending in our rfe?

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone.Good news my I601a was approved on Nov 17.It took 7 months.I was going crazy but the Lord is good finally light at the end of the tunnel.I have to say Nebraska service center is the slowest.

Filed: Timeline

Do we send the I-601 to the USCIS or to the consulate?

some people saying that they sent their package to the consulate???

please answer! @lilianB

I received a phone call from Juarez Consulate yesterday 8/15. The lady, very nice by the way, informed me that my expedite for waiver was approved (sent 8/01). So it took 15 exac days. She asked me to send my passport to CDJ and that I did not needed anything else. Well, I went online and checked my status and was not updated, I called CDJ consulate and the guy asked me if I had a letter with instructions yet?. Answer is NO. I explained to him about the call, and he said that on his screen he could read that my expedite was still under review and also said "contac customer". He stated "I am not sure how they were going to contact you or if they did it, but if you got that call, send you passport as you were instructed. He gave me the address and info:

SECCION VISA RESIDENCIA

AT´N. OFICIAL A CARGO

Paseo de la Victoria # 3650

Fraccionamiento Partido Senecú

Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua 32543

T this point and after I went over the CDJ´s website, I went to CSC and did the whole DHL thing to "Administrative Processing" "Document by Courrier". I am planning on going to my DHL location, here in Guanajuato and send my passport, but I am afraid they will rejected or something since I don´t have a letter of confirmation and not sure if I follow the instructions correctly. I really want to leave in the next 2 or 3 weeks, since my kids have to start school and I have to schedule a surgery, that is the reason for my EXPEDITE request. Has anyone been in a situation like mine?. Please I need some advise. Thanks a lot.

How come you send your package to the consulate, shouldn't you send it to the USCIS?

please answer?

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Do we send the I-601 to the USCIS or to the consulate?

some people saying that they sent their package to the consulate???

please answer! @lilianB

How come you send your package to the consulate, shouldn't you send it to the USCIS?

please answer?

From my research, on June 4, 2012 they decided that Consulates would no longer process I-601's and they would be processed through the Nebraska Service Center. The only place they allow direct consulate filing for I-601's is Cuba. There is also this clause--

If you have exceptional and compelling circumstances that justify filing the I-601 application at the international USCIS Field Office in the country where you are residing. These circumstances must demonstrate a need to file the application immediately and show that expedited processing at the NSC will be insufficient to address the urgency of your situation. This exception applies only in countries where a USCIS Field Office is located. If your request to file your I-601 application at an international Field Office is denied, you can submit a written request for expedited processing of your I-601 application when you file it with the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox.

However, it is extremely rare to get a 601 approved for a consulate expedite, it pretty much has to be a life or death situation. You can try for an expedite at the NSC but that is also very hard to get.

Edited by UH60Chief

From my research, on June 4, 2012 they decided that Consulates would no longer process I-601's and they would be processed through the Nebraska Service Center. The only place they allow direct consulate filing for I-601's is Cuba. There is also this clause--

However, it is extremely rare to get a 601 approved for a consulate expedite, it pretty much has to be a life or death situation. You can try for an expedite at the NSC but that is also very hard to get.

Thanks, actually i found that we don't have a USCIS field office in my country. Egypt.

The waivers get adjudicated at the NSC. First to the lockbox and then they route them to the NSC.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

Finally my fiances waiver got APPROVED!!! Filed march 5 got an rfe july 8, we were suppose to have an answer by nov 24 but he just got approved dec 18!! What a relief its been a long road!!! Hope everyone gets their approvals soon...

Hello Everyone.Good news my I601a was approved on Nov 17.It took 7 months.I was going crazy but the Lord is good finally light at the end of the tunnel.I have to say Nebraska service center is the slowest.

congrats!!!

Finally my fiances waiver got APPROVED!!! Filed march 5 got an rfe july 8, we were suppose to have an answer by nov 24 but he just got approved dec 18!! What a relief its been a long road!!! Hope everyone gets their approvals soon...

Congrats!!

How long does it take to get the approval after you sent the RFE? Can I ask what is the RFE about? I am waiting for the waiver for 5 months now. Feel like taking forever!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.