107 posts in this topic

there was another march approval today i CANT WAIT FOR MINE SO I CAN GET MY GREEN CARD AND MOVE ON

- Waiver Mailed Date: 3/15/2014

- Lockbox Receipt Date: 03/17/2014

- Nebraska Service Center Waiver Receipt Date: 03/20/2014

- Status updated to RFE sent on 07/09/2014

- RFE response received: 07/25/2014

- Waiver Decision and Date: APPROVED!!! 08/01/2014

Congrats !!

How did you find out when the lockbox received your file? Was it just you tracking the package or did they send a text or letter?

Did you receive a text when t he NSC received your file?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

You have to express your hardship in the I-601... the spouses have to show how they will suffer from both sides, In addition, they are asking for your financial information, so that you can prove hardship on your behalf, being the reason why you need him to come home...If you expressed depression or he mentioned you suffer from any type of medical problems, you have to get the proof of that, I went to my doctors and had them pull my medical records which showed what they diagnosed me with and what medications I was put on at the times. Sounds like they are looking for the hardsship from your end verses his, if you get the proof they need together and send it, I bet you get a response in like 10-15 days, most people that have sent in the RFE's get the approival really quick...you may want to seek legal help, if you dont already have it. good luck! and dont loose faith.

I am stressed but I do not go to a doctor bc I do not have time and do not want to be on medication. They make it very difficult. I have everything else but the medical letter. I mean god do they want everyone to be on medication in order to prove extreme hardship. I'm drowning in bills what more do they want and a baby without a father.

awesome that there is so many approvals, Im just wandering about how long it is taking for them to send out the instructions, our approval was the 14 of july, and we still have no instructions..... :(

Kassandra M. Martinez

I got letter in the mail that told me when they had received my file

How long did it take to receive the letter? I was told today that since I have an attorney, the USCIS will not even talk to me ( the petitioner). Only Applicant and lawyer. So I was wondering if I would still get an NOA1 or do I have to wait for the lawyer to get around to sending it to me?

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

I received a phone call from Juarez Consulate yesterday 8/15. The lady, very nice by the way, informed me that my expedite for waiver was approved (sent 8/01). So it took 15 exac days. She asked me to send my passport to CDJ and that I did not needed anything else. Well, I went online and checked my status and was not updated, I called CDJ consulate and the guy asked me if I had a letter with instructions yet?. Answer is NO. I explained to him about the call, and he said that on his screen he could read that my expedite was still under review and also said "contac customer". He stated "I am not sure how they were going to contact you or if they did it, but if you got that call, send you passport as you were instructed. He gave me the address and info:

SECCION VISA RESIDENCIA

AT´N. OFICIAL A CARGO

Paseo de la Victoria # 3650

Fraccionamiento Partido Senecú

Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua 32543

T this point and after I went over the CDJ´s website, I went to CSC and did the whole DHL thing to "Administrative Processing" "Document by Courrier". I am planning on going to my DHL location, here in Guanajuato and send my passport, but I am afraid they will rejected or something since I don´t have a letter of confirmation and not sure if I follow the instructions correctly. I really want to leave in the next 2 or 3 weeks, since my kids have to start school and I have to schedule a surgery, that is the reason for my EXPEDITE request. Has anyone been in a situation like mine?. Please I need some advise. Thanks a lot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This waiting is ridiculous. Waited 14 months from filing I-130 to interview now waiting again for I-601. Will it ever end?

I got letter in the mail that told me when they had received my file

how long did it take to get the letter?

This waiting is ridiculous. Waited 14 months from filing I-130 to interview now waiting again for I-601. Will it ever end?

Yep, I'm pretty much sick and tired of this waiting. We are at 16 months. November will be 3 years that he went back to Costa Rica. It seems never ending.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Sooooo Happy!. My visa status shows ISSUED on the CEAC page. So, I know it will be in my DHL office very soon, does any one know how long after the updated? I am beyond happy and excited. It took 17 months and lots of work and research, but it´s finally over. My husband and I did the whole thing ourselves, including the EXPEDITE request for the hardship I601, which only took 3 weeks from the time we send it, to the approval. So, I want to thank everyone who advise me at certain point of this process, and also I really recommed you to do lots of research on your waivers and, hopefully save yourself some money on lawyers. Good luck everyone, and I hope soon you can be cheering like me today. Blessings

We sent our I-601 Waiver in June and it was received on June 23, 2014.....Now we are waiting :-(

My husband has been in Guatemala since January 2014....

My husband has been in guatemala since July 2012...And we are still waitng, so I think if you finish the process within a year, your in great position...We are currantly still waiting on instructions...

For him to pick up the visa, he was approved back in July...So, happy about the aprroval but pray that the USCIS will hurry up and send the paper work over to the NVC..

Kassandra M. Martinez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.