107 posts in this topic

Hang in there...I seen 2 november approvals, yesterday...So not much longer..your time will come, and I pray it is not far away...I feel your pain, I have been fighting depression very hard this month, my husband has been without electricity 25 out of the 30 days the Month of april 2014, and I am about to go crazy, especially when we talked everyday, and text...I feel a part of me is missing terribly now... :(

Kassandra M. Martinez

what has to be written to try and expedite a case? i need to get my fiances waiver approved before nov which makes a year and the petition will expire

I-601 Waiver

Receipt Date 12/09/2013

Approval Date 04/30/2014 :dance::dance::dancing::dancing: Finally after waiting 8 years and two denied waivers.

But who can tell me, how long will it take for the NVC or the embassy to contact me

Edited by Michigan1983

They will contact within thirty days..You can try to get the email and forward it to the embassy to show approval, and see if he can get a quicker response.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

They will contact within thirty days..You can try to get the email and forward it to the embassy to show approval, and see if he can get a quicker response.

Hi KmOm0629,

Do you happen to know the Guatemalan embassy e-mail?

Just so you know my timeline..

Lockbox for I-601: August 1, 2013

Beginning of March 2014: Husband called USCIS to inquire about case (said they would follow up within 30 days)

Mid March: Received RFE for additional information

April 18, 2014: RFE information received

April 30, 2014: I-601 & I-212 approved!

My husband is just waiting for his letter from USCIS and the call from the embassy... Of course I almost feel like this waiting is harder than the rest!

Edited by mchavarria228

Hi KmOm0629,

Do you happen to know the Guatemalan embassy e-mail?

Just so you know my timeline..

Lockbox for I-601: August 1, 2013

Beginning of March 2014: Husband called USCIS to inquire about case (said they would follow up within 30 days)

Mid March: Received RFE for additional information

April 18, 2014: RFE information received

April 30, 2014: I-601 & I-212 approved!

My husband is just waiting for his letter from USCIS and the call from the embassy... Of course I almost feel like this waiting is harder than the rest!

It is, GuatemalaIV@state.gov

But, He has to contact, tell him to call, becuase it is regards to his I-601, the spouse of the applicant has no rights, like they wont give you any information, tell him to call and make sure they have the information right, I think he has to make the appointment, so tell him to call, i heard that guatemala doesnt really send an email with instructions, only Juarez...So have him to call..and Be sure.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

It is, GuatemalaIV@state.gov

But, He has to contact, tell him to call, becuase it is regards to his I-601, the spouse of the applicant has no rights, like they wont give you any information, tell him to call and make sure they have the information right, I think he has to make the appointment, so tell him to call, i heard that guatemala doesnt really send an email with instructions, only Juarez...So have him to call..and Be sure.

Great - Thanks! Keep you posted on what the process seems to be...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Depending on the situation...some are being process quickly, others are not, like if they need a signaure, or more information do prove hardship..But, You have to have a copy of the denial before you can send off the I-601 they will just deny it...Thats why this process is taking so long, you can not file the I-130 joiintly with the I-601. Its very very very frustrating.

Our I-130 has already been approved and we have our interview in Montreal next week.

I601 waiver

lock box March 11, 2014... Im praying it takes the most 6 months tops!!! do they expedite cases that have a pending petition on file? and what is the I 212

I601 waiver

lock box March 11, 2014... Im praying it takes the most 6 months tops!!! do they expedite cases that have a pending petition on file? and what is the I 212

No, they don't expedite, if there is one pending...mmm not sure what the applicant would have pending...In order to file the I-601 you have to have been denied the visa, and on the letter the immigracion officer gives the applicant it states why he or she is not eligible to enter the united states, and what waivers he or she must apply for. The I-212 is for people who have been in the U.S. that were deported...Or signed a deportation waiver and left under some sort of grounds of deportation. Those are the people who have to file it. The Officer will know when he pulls the record at the visa interview whether or not that he/she needs this.

Kassandra M. Martinez

No, they don't expedite, if there is one pending...mmm not sure what the applicant would have pending...In order to file the I-601 you have to have been denied the visa, and on the letter the immigracion officer gives the applicant it states why he or she is not eligible to enter the united states, and what waivers he or she must apply for. The I-212 is for people who have been in the U.S. that were deported...Or signed a deportation waiver and left under some sort of grounds of deportation. Those are the people who have to file it. The Officer will know when he pulls the record at the visa interview whether or not that he/she needs this.

That is the reason why I filed because we were denied and I was told we needed the I 601 waiver by the embassy. What I meant by Pending meaning that we have until Nov 25 to get this waiver approved and submit it to the embassy in the dominican republic if not I will have to start all over. His petition is on hold. it was refused not denied not sure if that makes a difference

Ooo ok, I got you, and I I understand your saying the visa appt date was like November 25th of last year? So you have till November 25th of this year..I have seen many with that issue, what they do is make you may the visa fee again. To my understanding, and do the update of sponsor paper work. After 6 months you have to redo medical and criminal records, anyways.. I know it makes it harder...I think you will be ok though, I am seeing a trending 6 month turn around now...Good Luck!

Kassandra M. Martinez

Jan 6 I 601 approval today ?

I saw that, it is soo exciting, I am curious to see what file dates get approval next week!

Then the end of this month, would it not be awesome to see some februarys go through around the 30 of this month! I can dream can't I...Becuase after february is MARCH!

Kassandra M. Martinez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.