107 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone I noticed there was not a timeline for just regular I-601 filers...So, I thought maybe I could start one. PLease add your sent out and recieved dates here, becuase I have researched this website and cant find any timelines for this i-601. So I am hoping this will help people see how much time is involved in their waivers. (I did not have to file a 212.)

Date Sent to Lockbox: March 17th 2014

(I have not recieved the Notice yet, I will post when I recieve.)

My lawyer applied for an expidite, sooo Im praying that will pass.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Waivers/AP forum, as a more pertinent destination for this topic. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Im still waiting for my notification, it has been 10 business days now, I just want the confirmation so I can check his status online. . I know I should be more patient, but they take patience to the max, and then some... :clock:

Kassandra M. Martinez

you should give them one month specially if the mailing address is outside the united states, if you didn't receive anything by that time then you should contact the 800 number to inquire about the confirmation letter. but even after you receive the confirmation you still have to wait 6 to 8 months until they start looking at it <_<

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting, Just FYI update, in other groups I am in the I-601, there is has been several November Approvals, A December approval, without and Expidite...In addition, to Thursday of Last week, I saw a January approval, request for expidite on that case, but there was no exact approval...That ever went to the client....

In addition to this Info, I spoke at an immigration symposium on Friday April 25th, where I learned that USCIS is picking up the pace internally, for Citizen related cases, because of the huge back log, I have also Contacted the CEO of Nebraska Service Center, she did respond, and stated that they are working on getting the cases out, its been about 3 weeks since I recieved her response, she said they were working October...In my other group areas all October people have been approved, (only not including if you have had and RFE or some that have prior criminal history, those seem to be taking much longer.) The actual 6-8 months...Otherwise looks like a pretty good 5 month lapse...So keep your heads up people..I will keep posting, all this is found under my research itself...USCIS still hasnt updated thier I-601 status, so I would not read that, there is no way they are on the same date they were last month, at this time last year I-601 were takeing 3-5 months tops.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting, Just FYI update, in other groups I am in the I-601, there is has been several November Approvals, A December approval, without and Expidite...In addition, to Thursday of Last week, I saw a January approval, request for expidite on that case, but there was no exact approval...That ever went to the client....

In addition to this Info, I spoke at an immigration symposium on Friday April 25th, where I learned that USCIS is picking up the pace internally, for Citizen related cases, because of the huge back log, I have also Contacted the CEO of Nebraska Service Center, she did respond, and stated that they are working on getting the cases out, its been about 3 weeks since I recieved her response, she said they were working October...In my other group areas all October people have been approved, (only not including if you have had and RFE or some that have prior criminal history, those seem to be taking much longer.) The actual 6-8 months...Otherwise looks like a pretty good 5 month lapse...So keep your heads up people..I will keep posting, all this is found under my research itself...USCIS still hasnt updated thier I-601 status, so I would not read that, there is no way they are on the same date they were last month, at this time last year I-601 were takeing 3-5 months tops.

My husbands interview is May 21 in Montreal. I am pretty sure he will be denied "criminal record" Nothing major but he had a I-194 before so I am assuming they are going to deny him for the Visa. If I send the I-601 right away you are saying 5 months till approval?

Depending on the situation...some are being process quickly, others are not, like if they need a signaure, or more information do prove hardship..But, You have to have a copy of the denial before you can send off the I-601 they will just deny it...Thats why this process is taking so long, you can not file the I-130 joiintly with the I-601. Its very very very frustrating.

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That sounds like great news, what number do you call I've tried calling many numbers and all I get is a machine!!! Although 5 months sounds better than 8 I'm still hoping for sooner!!!

Filed: Timeline

Commandergirl always stay positive, every case is different

one person with a criininal record and outstanding warrant was

recently approved with the promised to start the probation he

could not do while back in his country the minute he returns

.stay positive young lady...good luck

Thats right always stay positive, there are many cases with horrible situations that are still getting passed...Thats the goal to be approved and bring your family together... So keep your head up.. and let's pray for healty aducators, so they can get our wiavers pushed through as quickly as possible!

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I-601 Waiver

Receipt Date 12/31/2013

No word yet, the wait is becoming insanely horrible. I am going in and out of depression. Life is really on hold. I pray you are right and I too can be a part of the quick approval.

11-25-2011 - NOA1 - Applied for K-1 Fiancee Visa for my Canadian love living in Vancouver from Pakistan, sent package to California
04-23-2012 - NOA2 - Application Approved, waiting for interview date.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Email from Vancouver consulate that we are receiving letter to send packet 3.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Packet 3 - Letter received to submit DS-230 and Checklist to get a interview scheduled.
12-07-2012 - Interview - Received white paper requesting more documents.

04-10-2013 - Sent additional documents via Loomis for Van Consulate.

05-10-2013 - Email stating passport is at Loomis for pick up.

05-13-2013 - Passport returned requesting 1. Police Reports which we have previously submitted 2 times and also stated 2. Administrative Processing.

08-29-2013 - Received letter stating Visa Denied due to Moral Turpitude, Also note that we can apply for wavier I-601

12-31-2013 - Receipt date for I-601 Waiver - Waiting for results.

07-10-2014 - Interview, Visa Approved, Administrative Processing.... waiting....

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

11-18-2014- flight booked for Fiance

1-2015 -Married, Registered for SSN, Registered for AOS, Work Permit and Advance Parole

10-2015 - AOS interview, approved.

Approximately 4 year journey to get everything done.

8-2017- Filed for Green Card - USCIS I-751 Petition (Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status )

Waiting to hear back on getting a Green Card....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.