Captain Ewok

Can someone help me update the NVC flowchart on VJ?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Here is the flowchart... can anyone post any needed updates here?

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Thanks!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here is the flowchart... can anyone post any needed updates here?

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Thanks!

That's almost 10 years old. I think most have been using (or should be using) the Lingche guide here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

OK I'll remove that guide. The Wiki entry above someone said had out of date info... can you or anyone else take a peek? I can help if you point me in the right direction.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you might want to talk with me, Saylin, or Ryan H about this stuff ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

=) I'll PM them to join this topic to discuss.

Timeline

The 2 guides of interest -- do they need updated?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James%27s_Shortcuts

Also a great summary by Saylin (recently pinned topic)... good info there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/486029-nvc-guides-faqs/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's some ascii art here

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_Do_I_Bring_My_Spouse_%28Husband_or_Wife%29_to_Live_in_the_United_States%3F

but it's old - still, might give you a template to use for pdf creation.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I have a flowchart I made myself about 2 years ago since the one on the site was outdated. It's linked both in my signature and the now pinned topic.

And both LingChe and James' guides are severely outdated. There's mentions of DS-3032 and DS-230 (they're both online forms now), and especially outdated are the bits about generating your own barcode. That's part of the reason why I put the FAQ together in the monthly NVC threads since the guides weren't as up to date.

Timeline

Do you think your guide supercedes those guides? Should I remove them from the Guide area.... maybe we can create a stand alone page from your post?

Do you think your guide supercedes those guides? Should I remove them from the Guide area.... maybe we can create a stand alone page from your post?

Well, being that mine is up to date, I suppose it does.

If you want, I can create a new Wiki, using information from the FAQ I put together and what I know. That might be better than having like 4 different wikis floating around, all with half-dated information.

Timeline

That would be GREAT! When you are ready I'll link to it from the Guides and also add it to your pinned topic.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Well, being that mine is up to date, I suppose it does.

If you want, I can create a new Wiki, using information from the FAQ I put together and what I know. That might be better than having like 4 different wikis floating around, all with half-dated information.

good.gif

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Alright, just spent like 3 hours (laughing.gif) creating the wiki and I think I got everything. Here it is: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process If I missed anything, let me know.

Since I actually used all the information from my recently pinned topic, I'm thinking maybe the pinned topic can just be deleted and just this wiki be used instead. That way, I can keep this wiki always up to date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Alright, just spent like 3 hours (laughing.gif) creating the wiki and I think I got everything. Here it is: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process If I missed anything, let me know.

Since I actually used all the information from my recently pinned topic, I'm thinking maybe the pinned topic can just be deleted and just this wiki be used instead. That way, I can keep this wiki always up to date.

good.gif

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good idea, keeps information in one place rather than having it piecemeal in various places.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal