3 posts in this topic

I'm helping my sister with her application for her husband,

on 2/3/14 she received the latter to pay the AOS fee, she paid it online the same day.

Up until today we had not received anything and I just checked the letter and it mention that we had to filled out a DS-261 which we just filled it today.

I believe the next step is to pay the visa fee? How much is the visa fee? Do we have to fill out the affidavit of support before we get asked to pay the visa fee?

There was a cover sheet to download and it says the following:

The next step in the immigration process is for the Petitioner to submit an Affidavit of Support. A link to the instructions has been provided for you on the Receipt Page. You can also find the instructions on the NVC website at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov

If you already submitted the DS-261 Choice of agent form online, in a few days you will receive the Immigrant Visa Application Fee of $230 dollars and a few days after youll get access to fill the ds-260 form (which is an online form) and send to the nvc the civil documents (birth certificate, passport copy, etc..)that support your immigrant application.

If you already paid the Affidavit of Support fee, and in the CEAC page says that the fee is PAID then you should send to the NVC the form i864 completed (which you have to filled on the computer, print it and sign t) with the supporting documents (taxes rturtns, w2, etc,,) just like it says in the instructions....

you can send one package of documents first, or wait to send both packages together...

USCIS Stage

05/23/2013 - NOA1

11/04/2013 - I-130 Approved

NVC Stage

02/12/2013 - NVC received case

17/12/2013 - Case # and IIN

18/12/2013 - Completed DS-261 Choice of Agent

19/12/2013 - AOS fee bill invoice

24/12/2013 - IV fee bill invoice

08/01/2014 - AOS Paid

10/01/2014 - IV Paid

15/01/2014 - DS-260 Submitted

15/01/2014 - AOS and IV packages sent

10/02/2014 - AOS Checklist

11/03/2014 - CC by phone inquiry

18/03/2014 - CC email

30/01/2015 - IV date by phone inquiry

03/02/2015 - IL (P4) email

Consulate

Medical:25FEB2015

Biometrics:08MAR2015

Interview:17MAR2015-APPROVED!

CEAC visa status: 18MAR2015 - ISSUED

PickUp Passport & IV Packet: 20MAR2015

Travel&Cards

POE: 07/24/2015 JFK, NY

SSN: 08/03/2015

PR: 09/02/2015 Card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.