phem0r

Is this my final date to enter by?

22 posts in this topic

Hello

First post, used a lot of the guides and they have been extremely beneficial so thank you to whoever wrote all of those!

I am the beneficiary of my fiancee & I's K1 visa 129F. My fiancee received the 'I-797, Notice of Action. Approval Notice' I believe this is the NOA2 for which i am very happy about!

We sent the application in at the end of October and it was approved on Feb 14th which was quicker than we expected. Also it says on the letter that it's valid until June 13th which is only 4 months, i thought it was 6 months you had to enter?

Is this date the final date? E.g. will it be changed after the interview or is this final, that's it, set in stone?

Also can anyone provide a link to a explanation of exactly what will happen at the interview/medical in London, UK?

Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats.

Month/Day/Year

12/05/2013 - I-130 Sent

12/09/2013 - Priority Date

02/09/2014 - RFE

03/02/2014 - Response to RFE

03/05/2014 - Received RFE

03/11/2014 - NOA2 - Approved

03/28/2014 - NVC Received my case

04/23/2014 - Received Case No and IIN via mail

02/26/2015 - Received email to pay AOS

03/04/2015 - AOS Paid

03/06/2015 - DS261 submitted

03/13/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC

03/16/2015 - NVC Received

03/16/2015 - NVC Scan Date

03/19/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email

03/20/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted :)

04/13/2015 - AOS Checklist :cry:

04/15/2015 - Response to Checklist

04/17/20015 - New Scan Date

05/15/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone :)

05/21/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

Glory be to God in the Highest!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello phem0r,

First of all congratulations on your approval of your petition and yes, that is your NOA2 which the I-129F is valid for 4 months. You still have not completed the entire K1 Visa process. The next step you are waiting for is the National Visa Center processing. Once you I-129F petition is received by NVC, it is then sent out to the US Consulate/Embassy in UK. From there, you will continue the final steps of the visa processing notably Packet 3, 4, medical examination and the visa interview at the Embassy. The four months is the time frame that you and the Embassy/Consulate have to complete the final process of the K-1 Visa issuance. If you (or the embassy) exceeds this time, then you would need to file for a visa extension. Time is somewhat of the essence. Once the visa is issued onto the passport, then the 6 months start (from the day of issuance). I can only provide you with information up to this point as my K-1 Visa was done in China. Hope other VJers can help you there. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello

First post, used a lot of the guides and they have been extremely beneficial so thank you to whoever wrote all of those!

I am the beneficiary of my fiancee & I's K1 visa 129F. My fiancee received the 'I-797, Notice of Action. Approval Notice' I believe this is the NOA2 for which i am very happy about!

We sent the application in at the end of October and it was approved on Feb 14th which was quicker than we expected. Also it says on the letter that it's valid until June 13th which is only 4 months, i thought it was 6 months you had to enter?

Is this date the final date? E.g. will it be changed after the interview or is this final, that's it, set in stone?

Also can anyone provide a link to a explanation of exactly what will happen at the interview/medical in London, UK?

Thank you!

An approved I129F petition (which is what you have at the moment) is valid for 4 months. The validity of this petition will be extended at your interview by the ConOff, if your interview doesn't take place before then.

Your visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of your medical, so plan accordingly.

There are plenty of reviews on here as to what to expect at both the medical and interview.

Timeline

Hello

Thank you!

If you exceed the time on the NoA2, you can have it extended by the embassy, however for London you need a newly dated and signed original of a letter of intent from your fiance for them to do that.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

I'll be honest, i am shi**ing myself.. I think i am just very daunted right now and nothing is making sense to me

Do i need to contact the embassy to schedule the interview etc or do they contact me with a date?

Timeline

Do i need to contact the embassy to schedule the interview etc or do they contact me with a date?

London will assign you an interview date after you've had your medical exams and send in the readiness forms.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

You have only had a petition approved. Now you must apply for a visa. You have 4 months, but it will be extended by taking a notarized letter of intent from your American fiancé to the interview. That is a London specific requirement. When the visa is issued, it will have an expiration six months from the medical date (not the interview or issue date.)

Thank you!

YES. London K1. A complete guide. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/ was written by members who know London procedures. It will walk you through the details of what to do starting right now.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If you exceed the time on the NoA2, you can have it extended by the embassy, however for London you need a newly dated and signed original of a letter of intent from your fiance for them to do that.

Quit making up stuff. The NOA2 expiration date is meaningless in the K-1 process. Once the NVC and then the Embassy has the case, they can keep it open for as long as they want.....there iNOTHING for you to do.....they don't even do anything....they have the case and its open until it's closed or completed.

And I don't believe a letter of intent is required for London to do anything....you do need that from each party for the interview.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

You DO need a new letter of intent for London if your interview is after the expiration date of the NOA2.

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

Quit making up stuff. The NOA2 expiration date is meaningless in the K-1 process. Once the NVC and then the Embassy has the case, they can keep it open for as long as they want.....there iNOTHING for you to do.....they don't even do anything....they have the case and its open until it's closed or completed.

And I don't believe a letter of intent is required for London to do anything....you do need that from each party for the interview.

Baron--

Please read second paragraph of the sample letter of instruction from London found in this post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5180175

Or the fourth paragraph of a newer London letter http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page-113#entry6424623

What is your interpretation of the meaning of that instruction?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

That letter from the Embassy is NOT the NOA2. London may be unique in this regard; Moscow doesn't send any such letter and no deadline.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

That letter from the Embassy is NOT the NOA2. London may be unique in this regard; Moscow doesn't send any such letter and no deadline.

You CHASTISED Avery Cates for the statement --

"If you exceed the time on the NoA2, you can have it extended by the embassy, however for London you need a newly dated and signed original of a letter of intent from your fiance for them to do that."

It is correct. He was addressing an OP going through London and specified it was a London requirement if the NOA2 expires before Interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.