2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Hi everyone. I got my il by email... Anyone else get theirs?

Congrats Lauza8! I'm now seeing ILs cross all the sites, unfortunately no F1 movement has been reported.

F1 ~ PD: 30th Mar,2007

AOF Received: 19th Apr. 2012

Case Completed: 27th Aug,2013

​I/L Received: 2nd Jun,2014

Medical Exam: 6th Jun, 2014

Interview: 1st July 2014

Visa Issued: 10th July 2014

Entered USA: 26 July 2014

Driver License 29 July 2014

Social Security# 05 August 2014

Job# 01 October 2014

----------------------------------------------

F1 Watch List

hope we get some positive news soon...

btw i will be flying to the US in 2 weeks for the good friday / easter long weekend (about 5 days in total). Got a visit visa recently so lets see how they treat me. I'm mentally prepared for a gruelling q/a session hours on end

I understand what you're saying but there SHOULDN'T be any grilling. I fly over 2-3 times a year; all they ask me is the purpose of my visit and how long I'm staying. The fact that you have a visa tells me you've been for a visitor visa interview and granted the visitor stamp - that's half the battle I think.

You can take evidence that you need to return to your home country i.e. a letter from your employer with the date you're due back a work; rental lease or college schedule; anything to show that you have every intention to not overstay. Don't offer it up until/unless you're asked though. And general advice from most forums I visit is to politely only answer the question asked and not to volunteer information they haven't asked for.

Hope you're going somewhere warm! Have a great time!

B

Hi everyone. I got my il by email... Anyone else get theirs?

Yay! Great news, how exciting. Please keep us updated with how everything goes...medical and interview. I'm (of course) interested in any London experience! I hear that you can now take SOME electronic items in.

B

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I understand what you're saying but there SHOULDN'T be any grilling. I fly over 2-3 times a year; all they ask me is the purpose of my visit and how long I'm staying. The fact that you have a visa tells me you've been for a visitor visa interview and granted the visitor stamp - that's half the battle I think.

You can take evidence that you need to return to your home country i.e. a letter from your employer with the date you're due back a work; rental lease or college schedule; anything to show that you have every intention to not overstay. Don't offer it up until/unless you're asked though. And general advice from most forums I visit is to politely only answer the question asked and not to volunteer information they haven't asked for.

B

Cheers B

Thats sound advice.. I'm flying to Central US from Heathrow stopping at ORD on the way. I travel pretty regularly around the world but haven't been to the US since I was a child.

For info, during the interview, I was equired about and told the VO that my family lives in the US and that my purpose is to visit only.

B

Hi Both! If it helps I've overstayed before when I was going through Aos on a k2. After my 3 year bar (which wasn't fair as no one told me to leave) I was given a b2 visa. First visit I went to the 'little room' was explained that this would happen again. Stamped entry and on my way. Maybe a couple of brief questions but nothing that was too aggressive.

Hope that helps. After two trips I was straight through.

Nothing to stress about.

Lauza

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Both! If it helps I've overstayed before when I was going through Aos on a k2. After my 3 year bar (which wasn't fair as no one told me to leave) I was given a b2 visa. First visit I went to the 'little room' was explained that this would happen again. Stamped entry and on my way. Maybe a couple of brief questions but nothing that was too aggressive.

Hope that helps. After two trips I was straight through.

Nothing to stress about.

Lauza

Did you have to do anything to clear the ban after the 3 years passed? A friend of mine was banned years ago and her filing is complete she was told that she needed to pay and fee to clear the ban is that correct?

Thanks.

PD: April 23, 2007

Case Completed: June 3, 2011

I/L Received: August 14, 2014

Medical Exam: August 20, 2014

Interview: September 15, 2014

Did you have to do anything to clear the ban after the 3 years passed? A friend of mine was banned years ago and her filing is complete she was told that she needed to pay and fee to clear the ban is that correct?

Thanks.

Hi Pickneygal. Not specifically. I knew I was banned but didn't know how long so applied for a non-immigrant visa. It was then that I received written communication that I was barred and until that was up I was not eligible for a visitors visa. When my bar expired, I applied for the B2 visa, which was then granted. This incurred a fee. First visa was for 2 years, next one I was granted a 10 year visa.

So I paid a fee insomuch as I paid for a visa... I can't help you further than that I'm afraid.

Filed: Timeline

Finally, there is a person in Vietnamese forum with PD Feb 23 2007 receiving IL:

Here is the source:

http://vietditru.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6603&sid=5e71fc899646ac506097728aed0c99e6&start=1860

Seems like NVC is very late this month for F1. :(

At least one week movement now......Let's hope it will be more than one week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.