Poweredbycorvette

The CENOMAR is a big pain in the butt! Help?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

My fiancee is Filipina and lives in Singapore. We have sent in Packet 3 to the Singapore embassy already. I believe we have everything ready except for that pesky CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) from the Philippines. She ordered it since the 17th and to this day we don't know where it is. They have a few different emails and phone numbers to contact them but we are still in the dark after several contact attempts about speedier delivery.

Anyone familiar with the process??

The https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/CheckStatus.aspx displays this:

Status Date Paid Result PROCESSED January 20, 2014 CENOMAR

Description of Result:

CENOMAR

No marriage records were found for this person.

A Certificate of No Marriage will be delivered to you.

Have they not given you a tracking number? I'm not familiar with ecensus. I use NSOhelpline or something like that.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is Filipina and lives in Singapore. We have sent in Packet 3 to the Singapore embassy already. I believe we have everything ready except for that pesky CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) from the Philippines. She ordered it since the 17th and to this day we don't know where it is. They have a few different emails and phone numbers to contact them but we are still in the dark after several contact attempts about speedier delivery.

Description of Result:

CENOMAR

If I am not mistaken doesn't NSO send the CENOMAR directly to the embassy in Singapore?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread will stay where it is. The CENOMAR is purely a Philippines matter. A cross-posted request has been put into the Asia: East & Pacific forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/480745-filipina-in-singapore-needs-helpadvice-getting-cenomar/#entry6823065

Anyone who disagrees with the placement of the current thread could have done the same as the above and been proactive, without complaining.

Note: There has been no posting activity in the Asia E&P forum for 4 days, so receiving any insights from there will be pure serendipity.

Thank you.

TBoneTX

for VJ Moderation

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

If I am not mistaken doesn't NSO send the CENOMAR directly to the embassy in Singapore?

Supposedly, the status page says:

I'm just worried that they'll take a long time to send it as we have not been able to obtain confirmation for faster delivery.

Timeline

Check out this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463253-nso-cant-send-my-cenomar-thru-fedex-help/

It says that Singapore embassy will only accept CENOMAR sent directly from the NSO to the IV unit. Seems like it takes 1-2 months to arrive. You can still attend the interview without the CENOMAR - they will just wait to receive it before issuing the visa.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

This thread will stay where it is. The CENOMAR is purely a Philippines matter. A cross-posted request has been put into the Asia: East & Pacific forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/480745-filipina-in-singapore-needs-helpadvice-getting-cenomar/#entry6823065

Anyone who disagrees with the placement of the current thread could have done the same as the above and been proactive, without complaining.

Note: There has been no posting activity in the Asia E&P forum for 4 days, so receiving any insights from there will be pure serendipity.

Thank you.

TBoneTX

for VJ Moderation

So by that virtue it's believed by the moderators that a person in the Philippines has experience with acquiring a CENOMAR from Singapore or can assist this person? In fact the only close to helpful advice came from another in.... Singapore. That link leads back to another that was move away from the Singapore group, and within that topic was only a reference back to the embassy instructions letter for - SINGAPORE.

The CENOMAR is a Philippine document, that is a FACT, but how to acquire it from Singapore is in no way related to how it is acquired by those actually in the Philippines.

At least you double posted it this, as I have yet to see anyone in the Philippines forum knowledgeable in the visa process for Singapore and their requirements for obtaining the CENOMAR.

Only helpful info from another processing through Singapore, and it's just a reference to the embassy instructions in Singapore, so not too exciting:

The instruction from the US Embassy says, "For Filipino applicants, who claim no prior marriage(s), please obtain a 'Certificate of No Marriage' from the National Statistics Office and this must be sent directly from NSO to the Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section, American Embassy Singapore, 27 Napier Road, Singapore 258508. This office will not accept the certificate submitted by individual applicant"

- it would actually be helpful if the above information were in a location where those processing through Singapore could find it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Description of Result:

CENOMAR

The results of her CENOMAR is good and this is what is expected by the US embassy to see.

Ecensus contact: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/ContactUs.aspx

Use subject: Follow-up Delivery. You should request for it to be addressed directly to US Embassy in Singapore, but with a cost. Not sure how much. By experience, they respond within 24 hours during business days.

Good luck! smile.png

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Only helpful info from another processing through Singapore, and it's just a reference to the embassy instructions in Singapore, so not too exciting:

The instruction from the US Embassy says, "For Filipino applicants, who claim no prior marriage(s), please obtain a 'Certificate of No Marriage' from the National Statistics Office and this must be sent directly from NSO to the Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section, American Embassy Singapore, 27 Napier Road, Singapore 258508. This office will not accept the certificate submitted by individual applicant"

- it would actually be helpful if the above information were in a location where those processing through Singapore could find it.

It is, I uploaded a scanned copy of packet 3 on the Singapore K1 thread which has the information on CENOMAR in bold under "marriage certificates".

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Obviously, Google (or the VJ Advanced Search function) is your friend.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when filling out the request, there is a link for faster delivery service, also after competeing the order for cenomar you will be given a batch number that you can return to look up, but unsure if it will tell you where it is as for delivery ??

for regular service its like 25 usd takes 6 to 8 weeks for faster service it is like 45 usd and takes like 4 weeks

Timeline

Obviously, Google (or the VJ Advanced Search function) is your friend.

Then moving Singapore related topics to the Philippine forum just because of the word CENOMAR is not the best move is it? Which in this case (and the time before when you did this) does nothing to help answer the OP's question, as NO ONE processing through the Manila embassy has a clue about the process for acquiring a CENOMAR per the embassy instructions letter for Singapore, as it is TOTALLY different. The best place for answers to the OP's question is from other Filipina's in SINGAPORE doing this process.... not the Philippines.

Stop obsessing on the word CENOMAR and focus on the question itself - How does this all work from SINGAPORE.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.