Poweredbycorvette

The CENOMAR is a big pain in the butt! Help?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

actually it seems to be a recurrent question for filipino OFWs from all around the world - how to get CENOMAR from overseas, not just singapore. i don't think the asia east and the pacific regional forum is a good place for such queries just because the applicant in this case is going through the us embassy in singapore. sorry, i don't have a better suggestion for where to place such posts but i do think it's good it was placed in the philippines subforum because at least it got viewed and answered by a number of posters from the philippines who regularly visit this part of the site, as opposed to the asia: east and the pacific section which is largely a ghost town. just my opinion. :)

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

actually it seems to be a recurrent question for filipino OFWs from all around the world - how to get CENOMAR from overseas, not just singapore. i don't think the asia east and the pacific regional forum is a good place for such queries just because the applicant in this case is going through the us embassy in singapore. sorry, i don't have a better suggestion for where to place such posts but i do think it's good it was placed in the philippines subforum because at least it got viewed and answered by a number of posters from the philippines who regularly visit this part of the site, as opposed to the asia: east and the pacific section which is largely a ghost town. just my opinion. smile.png

Ya it is an issue, but how one acquires the CENOMAR outside the Philippines to meet the requirements of other embassies is totally different then for those in the Philippines. Most of the replies were before the topic got moved to the Philippines forum and most of the posts were from others in Singapore dealing with this issue.

Yes it will get viewed in the Philippine forum, but there won't be anyone going through the process required by the embassy in Singapore to acquire the CENOMAR. Those in the Philippines simply go to the nearest NSO and get one, this is not possible for those in Singapore - they can not even ask a family member to get one for them and mail it to them as the embassy in Singapore will NOT accept it.

Personally, my opinion is that posts like this should be left in the K-1 procedures or whatever (being the other forum is a ghost town) as I see many from Singapore reply to this question from there who have or are actually dealing with this also. But blindly moving it to the Philippines forum is not doing those in need of assistance any good... no one here deals with it the way required by the Singapore embassy. And I have not yet any from the Philippines be able to assist. Only info I have acquired is from other postings from Filipina in Singapore and from reading the embassy website for Singapore.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The best place for answers to the OP's question is from other Filipina's in SINGAPORE doing this process.... not the Philippines.

The best place for answers now is here, because of your newfound knowledge and the location of this thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Working with the PH government offices from outside PH is a pain. The ecensus online filing went smooth but like you said there is no way to track where the cert is after that. I wrote the US Embassy in SG at one point and they said they did not have it but that was 5 weeks ago and we're just hoping it has arrived. As back up we actually have a Certificate that Rose's mother got in PH and mailed to us. Even though the checklist says it has to be mailed she will bring the one she has to the interview.

For us the Police Cert was a total pain in the butt. The online system in PH was down and to go through the PH embassy in SG we had to make an appointment which was 4 weeks. So I just flew Rose to Manila and she got one same day. Of course she had to take time off work and airfare etc but trying to get one from SG could have taken 2 months.

Timeline

actually it seems to be a recurrent question for filipino OFWs from all around the world - how to get CENOMAR from overseas, not just singapore. i don't think the asia east and the pacific regional forum is a good place for such queries just because the applicant in this case is going through the us embassy in singapore. sorry, i don't have a better suggestion for where to place such posts but i do think it's good it was placed in the philippines subforum because at least it got viewed and answered by a number of posters from the philippines who regularly visit this part of the site, as opposed to the asia: east and the pacific section which is largely a ghost town. just my opinion. smile.png

Did the Singapore Regional Discussion turn into Asia East Pacific?

Timeline

Then moving Singapore related topics to the Philippine forum just because of the word CENOMAR is not the best move is it? Which in this case (and the time before when you did this) does nothing to help answer the OP's question, as NO ONE processing through the Manila embassy has a clue about the process for acquiring a CENOMAR per the embassy instructions letter for Singapore, as it is TOTALLY different. The best place for answers to the OP's question is from other Filipina's in SINGAPORE doing this process.... not the Philippines.

Stop obsessing on the word CENOMAR and focus on the question itself - How does this all work from SINGAPORE.

I agree I think the post should have been left alone. The poster was asking a specific question about what he is dealing with getting a Cenomar through Singapore. That's how I found the post and not by going to the Philipinnes. The moderator had a good idea to link it to Phillipines for others from other countries to maybe get help but the post should have stayed where the original poster posted the question which was the correct location. Now this thread is 50-60% of this off topic bs.

Timeline

And if you read the moderators last posting, he is looking for ME to pick up the slack from the Singapore forum, which further indicates he doesn't have a clue but won't admit that moving the topic was wrong, and should have been left in the K-1 procedures forum.

This guy.... well... have to bite my tongue... last time the moderators "locked me up" for speaking my mind.

The best place for answers now is here, because of your newfound knowledge and the location of this thread.
Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

And if you read the moderators last posting, he is looking for ME to pick up the slack from the Singapore forum, which further indicates he doesn't have a clue but won't admit that moving the topic was wrong, and should have been left in the K-1 procedures forum.

This guy.... well... have to bite my tongue... last time the moderators "locked me up" for speaking my mind.

I will think you will find the moderator in question probably has significantly more experience in assisting other members along their journey than you will have for several more years, probably ever, and with more accurate and useful advise -- just saying. :whistle:

Timeline

I will think you will find the moderator in question probably has significantly more experience in assisting other members along their journey than you will have for several more years, probably ever, and with more accurate and useful advise -- just saying. whistling.gif

Well he isn't showing it with how he is "assisting" those from Singapore looking for answers... just saying :whistle:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Did the Singapore Regional Discussion turn into Asia East Pacific?

There is no "Singapore Regional Discussion" forum as far as I know..nor is there really a need, since there are maybe 3-4 active posters from Singapore at any one time, and at least 1 (soon to be 2, yay!) who aren't currently going through any sort of immigration process in Singapore.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Timeline

There is no "Singapore Regional Discussion" forum as far as I know..nor is there really a need, since there are maybe 3-4 active posters from Singapore at any one time, and at least 1 (soon to be 2, yay!) who aren't currently going through any sort of immigration process in Singapore.

Some folks confuse portals with the various forums.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.