Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwheels76

March 2014 Interviews

469 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

They really are taking their time mailing my case to the embassy. Kept looking online to see it change status to "transit" or "ready". Nope still at NVC. I even called and they told me "The online status is unreliable. Your case is currently in line to be mailed to the embassy and you have interview date March 3rd..." ect... Less than 3 weeks away and it hasn't been put in the mail yet.headbonk.gif

Ya, I think the weather delayed them. Mine also took about 1.5 - 2 weeks to mail. They finally sent it off this week. Hopefully yours will also be sent soon.

My wife also plans on calling the embassy when the package arrives, to see if she can get an earlier appointment. Most people have said that only the fiance visa applicants can call and get an earlier appointment, BUT the lady she talked to yesterday said that she could (and she emphasized it was a CR-1). So I guess we'll just wait and see...

i just called NVC. Guess who answered? Aby! lol

anyway, she said she does not know if my embassy has any slots in March..and that i just have to wait until they notify me with a date.

The nvc will not give you such information.. Unfortunately..

And yes once the file gets to the embassy you can get an earlier interview! The thing is the nvc will not send the file only when they schedule an interview..

Question,

my case got complete on Feb 10 so now what thing gonna come first ? Interview date or NVC gonna transfer my case to embassy.

You are now in the interview queue waiting. Your casefile will be sent to embassy once you get an interview date. I will add you to the list.

Well, I Skyped with my wife tonight, and she called the embassy in PI while we were talking. They confirmed they received our case from NVC, and she asked if we could get an earlier interview. NVC scheduled our interview for March 10th, but the nice lady on the phone moved us up to February 25th. We didn't ask if there had been a cancellation or why they moved us up, just happily accepted and here we are.

Dwheels, you can change our interview date on the list I guess.

Well, I Skyped with my wife tonight, and she called the embassy in PI while we were talking. They confirmed they received our case from NVC, and she asked if we could get an earlier interview. NVC scheduled our interview for March 10th, but the nice lady on the phone moved us up to February 25th. We didn't ask if there had been a cancellation or why they moved us up, just happily accepted and here we are.

Dwheels, you can change our interview date on the list I guess.

wow just like that? without any good solid reason? luck you buddy!

and congrats for the interview...

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, so my apologies if I should be posting somewhere else. So, we were assigned an interview date in London (March 3) very soon after our case was closed (Feb 10). How great, I thought. But calling the NVC, they are saying that it is taking them weeks just to send out the completed cases. The rep said that if they don't send it out on time, the Embassy will just reschedule. He also said that they would be flexible, like that was supposed to make me feel better. blink.png Has this ever happened to anyone? I guess I'm really just venting because I feel like I have reached my frustration limit at this point.

Wow! That's fast. When is your interview? Did you expedite?

I didn't do anything, just called NVC on 10th and found that my case was completed and forwarded to embassy for interview date and today I got the email from NVC about interview date. Interview is in 21st March.

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, so my apologies if I should be posting somewhere else. So, we were assigned an interview date in London (March 3) very soon after our case was closed (Feb 10). How great, I thought. But calling the NVC, they are saying that it is taking them weeks just to send out the completed cases. The rep said that if they don't send it out on time, the Embassy will just reschedule. He also said that they would be flexible, like that was supposed to make me feel better. blink.png Has this ever happened to anyone? I guess I'm really just venting because I feel like I have reached my frustration limit at this point.

Yes I have seen it happen. It happens. They still have plenty time to get it there Just hang on and don't worry (well try not to ).

I will add you to the list. Welcome.

Yes I have seen it happen. It happens. They still have plenty time to get it there Just hang on and don't worry (well try not to ).

I will add you to the list. Welcome.

Thanks dwheels, I really appreciate it. I just get so fed up sometimes with this process- it's reassuring to hear that it will work out regardless. smile.png

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.