Interview Date Scheduled: 2014-2-28

Received P4 Email: 2014-3-1

Interview: 2014-4-8

Case File "In Transit": 2014-3-5

Consulate Recieved Case File: 2014-3-10

Medical Appointment: 2014-3-24

Visa Approved: 2014-4-8

Visa in Hand: 2014-4-10

Removal of Conditions: Filed in March 2016.

NOA1 : 2016-04-18

Biometrics: 2016-06-06

Approval: 04/21/17

Is that ok if i just ask my consulate to reschedule my interview for an earlier date? or should i have to show a reason why i want to do that?

Edited by *Milly*

Dhwheels ... we were wondering, now that my hubby has his visa approved, the next step is that his Consulate will mail his passport with the visa stamped into it. But, what about the social security card? We did check the box saying we want one. Do you know how that is handled? Is there a thread dedicated to next steps? Thank you :)

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Dhwheels ... we were wondering, now that my hubby has his visa approved, the next step is that his Consulate will mail his passport with the visa stamped into it. But, what about the social security card? We did check the box saying we want one. Do you know how that is handled? Is there a thread dedicated to next steps? Thank you :)[/quotte

If you check that you want them to send social security card it will arrange in mail once your back in the US. My husband got his a week after entering the US.

Hi jmack, congratulations on your approval, please can you share of your interview questions

Thanks! We only got asked 4 questions:

How did we meet?

How long did he stay for the first visit?

Where did we vacations together?

Where did we get married?

I hope this helps you!!

Dhwheels ... we were wondering, now that my hubby has his visa approved, the next step is that his Consulate will mail his passport with the visa stamped into it. But, what about the social security card? We did check the box saying we want one. Do you know how that is handled? Is there a thread dedicated to next steps? Thank you smile.png[/quotte

If you check that you want them to send social security card it will arrange in mail once your back in the US. My husband got his a week after entering the US.

Hi jmack! Is your hubby already here? YAY! dancin5hr.gif That was fast!

Do they wait until they move here to send the card, or was it just good timing...do you happen to know?

Thank you for the quick response! good.gif

Edited by Jematt

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Milly I know that you can reschedule with no specific reason if you get a nice person at the embassy who can help... And they will do it only when the receive your file. So call the embassy and give it a try ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is that ok if i just ask my consulate to reschedule my interview for an earlier date? or should i have to show a reason why i want to do that?

Sure now that your petition is there ask. No you need not have to give a reason just email and ask for a earlier interview if possible. You never know maybe a slot is open.Be very nice. goofy.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Do they wait until they move here to send the card, or was it just good timing...do you happen to know?

Yes he is with me. Got visa back in two days after interview because I told them that I would like him to fly back with me and the lady made sure it would be ready. Got visa back two days before we flew back to US. And yes only get SSN Card once you in process thur immigration at airport.

Timeline

Dhwheels ... we were wondering, now that my hubby has his visa approved, the next step is that his Consulate will mail his passport with the visa stamped into it. But, what about the social security card? We did check the box saying we want one. Do you know how that is handled? Is there a thread dedicated to next steps? Thank you smile.png

The SS card is a hit and miss. Usually after he arrives the SS card comes in 3 to 6 weeks. Many have reported at about 3 weeks if you don't get it just go to the SS office and order it. (seems to be alot lose in the wind).

Don;t forget to pay the Visa processing fee on Elis $165. also.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Yes until they POE (land here) they are not yet immigrating. The POE gets everything in motion. If the visa fee is paid it gets that ordered. The SS card gets ordered. It seems I have read geography and where you live. I know some ike jmack get it fast fast in a week. Some months.

Just have husband verify with CBP at the POE that the SS card is checked. And like I said depending it should be here in about 3 weeks to 6 weeks is the normal time frame.

ROC I-751

N-400

File still has not left NVC, thanks to whatever holdup is going on over there, even though interview is in a little over a week. This in itself is stressful enough but husband can also not make the medical appointment until the file is at the Embassy, and it takes 4 working days for those results to be received after the appointment. We don't want to take any chances in booking an appointment because they charge a 100 pound cancellation fee. So it looks like acceptance will be provisional at best. It's just...frustrating.

Edited by nz2ny

File still has not left NVC, thanks to whatever holdup is going on over there, even though interview is in a little over a week. This in itself is stressful enough but husband can also not make the medical appointment until the file is at the Embassy, and it takes 4 working days for those results to be received after the appointment. We don't want to take any chances in booking an appointment because they charge a 100 pound cancellation fee. So it looks like acceptance will be provisional at best. It's just...frustrating.

Let's not forget the bad weather that east coast was having. This might explain why files not leaving NVC on time.

Timeline

I don't understand why do you have to wait for your petition to get to embassy? All you need is the interview letter?

Have you called NVC to ask if your petition left? I would do the medical now.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.