9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My I-601A has been approved. Took about 4 months, I did not use a lawyer. I did it myself and just want to encourage others out there that's it's possible. Thank you God!

My I-601A has been approved. Took about 4 months, I did not use a lawyer. I did it myself and just want to encourage others out there that's it's possible. Thank you God!

Congrats ..

where was it adjudicated?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

where was it approved??? and I am very happy for you and to hear that, it gives me little more hope... = )

if its not much to ask what arguments did you write in your waiver??? we are about to sign and send ours.

Have you had your interview scheduled yet?

please le me know your answer would help me and many others to get ready. Felicidadez por el logro.!!!!!

Mariana Alvarez

Timeline

In Missouri. Thank you! Well the hardships I shed light on was the following.

My husbands health, he suffered from Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia, and from a Soontaneous Pnemothorax, he is at increased high risk of another. Got doctors note.

I stated he was seeing a psychologist because he lost motivation, concentration and was very worried, stressed. Got letter from psychologist.

Lots of medical bills in collection from his health hardships.

I talked about Mexico low economy, horrible minimum wage, how expensive it would be to travel from mexico to usa if we wee to live there from him to visit his family. Children kidnappings happening in schools, we don't have children but stated our fear of raising our future children in Mexico. Mexicos education system, very poor and low in studies within mexicos own students.

Talked about my mother in law health, she had a stroke, diabetes, hypertension and dementia. How he helps her with her appointments etc..Got doctors note.

Letter from our church pastor of how marriage unity is important in our Christian belief. Also added a article of church persecution for people who are Christian in mexico.

Talked about travel warning, cartels that are active in my country of mexico of where we would live, how we would be too poor to own a car, so we would rely on public transportation; how citizens of USA are targeted, kidnapped, killed for money. And just letters of friends and family.

That's all I used. I hope all goes well with yours!!! Still waiting for my interview I'm thinking in a month or so. If you have facebook please join this page where people talk about their cases, experiences and outcomes regarding the I-601A here is the link,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/601APW/?fref=ts

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

It all sounds so simlilar to ours. Well except the fact that you showed a medical record. We have nothing Of that just my mother she has diabeter high cholesterol and all that. My husband isomrom Michoacan, Mexico and honestly things are not going so well over there as of right now. I printed some articles hopping that will help, we also have no children for the same reason as you. We do not desire to take our kids to Mexico its way to dangerous. I have never lived in Mexico and I did mention about U.S citizens being seen as targets for kidnapping. I mentioned a very high level of unemployed and very low minimum wage also......we have been very nervous to see if we dont get approved because of not showing a medical record and not having kids either. Am sure we still have a low % of getting approved because of that, but ill leave it to God. He know best and thanx for sharing.

Mariana Alvarez

Timeline

Yea don't be scared, If you feel confident and have shed much light on hardships then go for it. Also finances count too, if you have any debt or just talk about your expenses and how they will be impacted. Important: don't forget to write how it will affect if your hubby was denied and he had to leave and you stay here and try to make it on your own, financed and maintaining him in mexico. I hear many people say that they can get denied because they don't mention that. Not sure? But be better safe than sorry.

• 3 months later...

Hi, Can you please tell us more about the interview? is it at a uscis local office ? who is required to be present in this interview and what is it about ? and how long it took to recieve the green card? Thank you so much !

In Missouri. Thank you! Well the hardships I shed light on was the following.

My husbands health, he suffered from Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia, and from a Soontaneous Pnemothorax, he is at increased high risk of another. Got doctors note.

I stated he was seeing a psychologist because he lost motivation, concentration and was very worried, stressed. Got letter from psychologist.

Lots of medical bills in collection from his health hardships.

I talked about Mexico low economy, horrible minimum wage, how expensive it would be to travel from mexico to usa if we wee to live there from him to visit his family. Children kidnappings happening in schools, we don't have children but stated our fear of raising our future children in Mexico. Mexicos education system, very poor and low in studies within mexicos own students.

Talked about my mother in law health, she had a stroke, diabetes, hypertension and dementia. How he helps her with her appointments etc..Got doctors note.

Letter from our church pastor of how marriage unity is important in our Christian belief. Also added a article of church persecution for people who are Christian in mexico.

Talked about travel warning, cartels that are active in my country of mexico of where we would live, how we would be too poor to own a car, so we would rely on public transportation; how citizens of USA are targeted, kidnapped, killed for money. And just letters of friends and family.

That's all I used. I hope all goes well with yours!!! Still waiting for my interview I'm thinking in a month or so. If you have facebook please join this page where people talk about their cases, experiences and outcomes regarding the I-601A here is the link,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/601APW/?fref=ts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.