Ahmedabdelmohssen

K1 visa administrative processing

7 posts in this topic

ok Guys i really need help

i went through all the k1 visa stuff and fainally after almost year feb 2006 , i fainaly got my interview date i went and stayed in the embassy for alomost 7 hours they called my name the guy takes my finger print , ask me if i swear that all the info in teh papers are right and ask me to sign the paper then tell me ok you are done now you go home and wait for your passport you got nothing to do more

so i asked what does this mean he says my case is under administrative processing and he cant tell me how long would it take

what in the world does this mean and how come it still under administrative processing they have got my papers for more than 2 month

can any one help me please please e-mail me on shanelo7a@hotmail.com

thank you so Much :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i went through all the k1 visa stuff and fainally after almost year feb 2006 , i fainaly got my interview date i went and stayed in the embassy for alomost 7 hours they called my name the guy takes my finger print , ask me if i swear that all the info in teh papers are right and ask me to sign the paper then tell me ok you are done now you go home and wait for your passport you got nothing to do more

so i asked what does this mean he says my case is under administrative processing and he cant tell me how long would it take

what in the world does this mean and how come it still under administrative processing they have got my papers for more than 2 month

It means that they are taking a better look at your case, your eligibility to marry and making certain that there is nothing fraudulent with this Visa petition. In countries where the potential for fraud is high, Administrative Review normal. The time span can be short or it could be months. There is not much that you can do, only to wait. If there investigation confirms what you know to be the truth, then you will receive your VISA insde your Passport. If they have questions for you, they will contact you. Try to be patient. It is all that you can do.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

It means that they are taking a better look at your case, your eligibility to marry and making certain that there is nothing fraudulent with this Visa petition. In countries where the potential for fraud is high, Administrative Review normal. The time span can be short or it could be months. There is not much that you can do, only to wait. If there investigation confirms what you know to be the truth, then you will receive your VISA insde your Passport. If they have questions for you, they will contact you. Try to be patient. It is all that you can do.

Joey,

Isn't there a difference between admin review and admin processing? I understand the processing to be standard security checks and review to mean they question the validity of the relationship and the petition is subject to be denied or returned to the US for further review. Do I misunderstand the situation?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Joey,

Isn't there a difference between admin review and admin processing? I understand the processing to be standard security checks and review to mean they question the validity of the relationship and the petition is subject to be denied or returned to the US for further review. Do I misunderstand the situation?

Yes, there is a difference in the words "admin review" and "admin processing", but the Consulate has had his passport for more than 2 months now. The situation described sounds more like a "admin review" than some admin processing that was going to take place (affixing the visa inside the passport). It is normal in many instances to wait a few days and return to the Consulate pick up the passport with the visa inside or have it mailed to your house. That would be "administrative processing". But when 2 months have passed, something more intense is happening.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I totally understand your frustration. Seems Egypt is a very difficult country to abtain a visa in and it takes months of AR/AP. Others going through and who have gone through Egypt can back me up on this. There are many, many checks that they do. What seems to happen is that a certain check can be issued, but the case will sit and that check expires and that check has to be reissued again. :angry: My husbands case went back and forth between Cairo and Washington so many times that I wanted to scream! (And I did!) :yes: Then we went through about 2 months being told 1 day that his case was finished and the next day it was still Washington waiting for security checks, then to be told the visa would be issued shortly. VERY frustating!!! Call the embassy or email them to let them know your are following up on your case.

Has your fiance contacted her senator? Sometimes they can give the embassies a gently push.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i agree with aymerlu she is sooo right egypt embassy is really slow and you have to keep e-mailing them and ask them for information too maybe just maybe that would move you'r files faster ... wish you luck

Gone with the wind

Filed: Timeline

I think I am the poster child for slow Cairo processing. My fiance's interview was at the end of March 2006. They just completed his visa this week and we are waiting for delivery of his passport so he can travel. I think what happens to those going through this consulate is your case is reviewed after the interview and security checks are ordered from Washington. If they decide they want a more detailed investigation you're placed on administrative review. The checks seem to complete within 2 or 3 months. Sometimes there is a name hit on the database if you have a common name and more checks are required to clear that. We were required to provide additional documentation, and although we supplied it quickly, they sat on our case 2 months before even beginning the security checks. It can be a very aggravatingly slow process so be prepared to be patient. Cairo does seem to be very fair however, just takes time.

I will say regarding emailing the embassy and calling the department of state... this is a really good way to frustrate and confuse yourself while awaiting your processing to complete. There is really nothing they can tell other then its pending or its completed. They cannot tell you when it will complete until it does. Emailing often doesn't do anything to speed your case and you will find you will receive conflicting information many times. This is just my opinion based on my own experience but if I had it to do over again I would simply just wait as patiently as possible and not drive myself nuts emailing. I found once our case went beyond 6 months, then the Department of State became much more helpful in tracking the progress.

I wish you much luck and patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.