dwheels76

January 2014 Interviews

317 posts in this topic

One thing I know of this process is it will make us all nuts . Common sense ha. When I came to Visajourney June of 2011 I knew nothing. I thought my man gets a stamp in passport to visit me. NOPE!

Than I go get married and thought he is my husband he gets to travel with me right. NOT. Like I am an America what the heck. hehe

High fraud whats that. When I first saw these pages bahing Nigeria I thought OMG. Than I read and researched and read.

There are many phases as you all have witnessed.

1. You wait for NOA2 so excited Even if you prepped and read all about NVC suddenly you have forgotten your own name.

2. You are at NVC and you now know the entire wait message (I miss that voice...hehe). It seems endless. than...............

3. Case Complete OMG you want to run and kiss somebody you are euphoric.

4. Interview date assigned. That P4 is like a golden ticket. Now all the emotions come. And your brain plays with you. Denied what id we are denied. OMG do I bring everything to interview. What will he/she wear does it matter.

Oh the thrill of it all. goofy.gif

Hahahahahahaahaha! That was funny! Nuts it is! Oh, only how I wish I met VJ sooner! I would have already been with my husband this December if only! But I guess its all these thril that keeps heart pumping! Love the excitement, too! At VJ at least you get to be a part of a big supportive community. I am going to stay here a very long time--at VJ I mean.

Edited by RedPepper

Have all your stuff in nive folders with tabs for easy findings. I am sure you won't be asked for a thing. Only offer up the money receipts if asked. I am assuming you are the USC/Man and you sent money so CO wouldn't look at it weird. We in Nigeria wouldn't dare show anything whether man or women.

Geez! Looks like ALL is the best thing to do so you don't need to keep coming back if they need something else. I'll make it a one time BIG time one shot deal!!!

Thanks again dwheels76--DOING THIS! Go! Go!Go!

P.S.

I'm the beneficiary of my husband's IR1 petition. Been married 7 years--all this time been living apart,

hell it was and still is difficult. Been together since I was 17--now I am 36!!!

hehehe Just an FYI ***wink wink

How about if we already send those things to NVC .. Still we need to gather more evidence to the interview.. Or just take all those again which was already sended to NVC .

Yes--need more evidence at the interview.

We just submitted civil documents and my passport photos to NVC.

Joint bank statements, money transfer receipts, call and text logs, emails, post cards, invitations with both names, family photos together, passport stamps and plane tickets during husband-wife visits, etc. Anything and everything that will show that both of you have spent time together as husband and wife--to prove to them that the relationship is valid--these are the things we need to bring to the interview to show that we are indeed REAL husband and wife (We will have to prove them that we are not only joined together in a scam for a green card)

The docs we submitted to NVC is not enough to prove that,

Edited by RedPepper

dwheels, can you changed mine to:

COMPLETE....October 23, 2013

RECEIVED....December 3, 2013

INTERVIEW....January 21, 2014

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Yipeee!! A lot of interviews coming up this January!!! dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Geez! Looks like ALL is the best thing to do so you don't need to keep coming back if they need something else. I'll make it a one time BIG time one shot deal!!!

Thanks again dwheels76--DOING THIS! Go! Go!Go!

P.S.

I'm the beneficiary of my husband's IR1 petition. Been married 7 years--all this time been living apart,

hell it was and still is difficult. Been together since I was 17--now I am 36!!!

hehehe Just an FYI ***wink wink

awww childhood sweethearts how cute is that. Well soon soon you will be together forever. And do stay around.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

For those of you that bring photos to the embassy interview of you and your spouse together, how many photos would you typically take? And if they're digital, what's the best way to present those? Most of my photos are digital and so I could just print them out on paper as color copies, but didn't know if that was a good idea, or if there are better ideas out there for that. Any better ideas? Thanks!

Personal
July 3, 2011 - Met
July, 2012 - Proposed (Skype - Texas/Cavite, Philippines)
Nov, 2012 - Formal Proposal in Tagaytay, Philippines
Feb 3, 2013 - Married in Batangas, Philippines
Dec 22, 2013 thru Jan 4, 2014 - Spent Christmas and New Years holiday in Philippines (Cavite, Tagaytay, Marinduque, Rizal)
USCIS - Serviced by National Benefits Center / California Service Center
- called USCIS one to two times a week asking about status update, after about the third month
Mar 15, 2013 - I-130 Sent
Mar 18, 2013 - I-130 NOA1
Nov 5, 2013 - Transfer to local office according to USCIS web site, but customer service couldn't verify location (I'm assuming Houston)
Nov 5, 2013 - Set up infopass appointment for 11/13/13
Nov 8, 2013 - Received transfer letter, case at CSC
Nov 18, 2013 - Received initial approval by email/text
Nov 21, 2013 - Received hard copy approval (797C) in the mail
NVC
- called NVC every single day from November 18th to January 30th asking about status update
Dec 4, 2013 - Case received at NVC
Dec 19, 2013 - Received case number by calling NVC
Dec 21, 2013 - Submitted DS-261 online
Dec 25, 2013 - Paid AOS fee online (Merry Christmas!!!)
Dec 27, 2013 - AOS fee payment cleared bank, so mailed AOS package to NVC. Paid IV package fee online
Dec 30, 2013 - IV fee payment cleared bank, so mailed IV package to NVC
Dec 31, 2013 - AOS package arrived at NVC
Jan 6, 2014 - IV package arrived at NVC
Jan 7, 2014 - Submitted DS-260 online
Jan 24, 2014 - Received checklist via email (said reviewed DS-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents). I called NVC to verify I can ignore checklist and they said yes, to ignore it.
Jan 27, 2014 - Called NVC and was told that our case is complete and that we're just waiting for an interview appointment date.
Jan 29, 2014- Called NVC and was told that our interview was scheduled for March 10, 2014. Also registered for St Luke medical exam online.
Jan 30, 2014 - Received P4 letter in email.
US Embassy (Manila) / Medical (St. Luke's)
- called embassy every day after the interview, during AP status and after visa status changed to "Issued," asking about status update and visa delivery timeframe
Feb 4-5, 2014 - Wife went to medical exam (took two days), results mailed to US Embassy in Manila.
Feb 7, 2014, Package sent from NVC to US Embassy in Manila (according to NVC phone operator).
Feb 10, 2014 - CEAC website updated case as "In Transit."
Feb 11, 2014 - DHL website shows case as delivered to US Embassy in Manila.
Feb 12, 2014 - Called US Embassy in Manila and interview rescheduled for Feb 25th.
Feb 25, 2014 - "Approved," but we have to submit CENOMAR then wait for visa after it's processed, so I guess technically it's in Administrative Processing (AP).
Mar 17, 2014 - CEAC website, visa status changed to "Issued." Now we wait for pickup/delivery.
Mar 21, 2014 - Juvy picked up visa from 2GO location, got CFO stamp, and I booked her ticket.
Mar 22, 2014 - Juvy left Manila, through Japan and Detroit, and finally onto Houston!! :-)
THE REST OF MY LIFE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY BEGIN!!!
event.png
event.png

For anyone that has chat logs on Facebook or Skype, is there an easy way to download that information to take to embassy interview? Or better ideas on how to share that information with embassy for interview?

Personal
July 3, 2011 - Met
July, 2012 - Proposed (Skype - Texas/Cavite, Philippines)
Nov, 2012 - Formal Proposal in Tagaytay, Philippines
Feb 3, 2013 - Married in Batangas, Philippines
Dec 22, 2013 thru Jan 4, 2014 - Spent Christmas and New Years holiday in Philippines (Cavite, Tagaytay, Marinduque, Rizal)
USCIS - Serviced by National Benefits Center / California Service Center
- called USCIS one to two times a week asking about status update, after about the third month
Mar 15, 2013 - I-130 Sent
Mar 18, 2013 - I-130 NOA1
Nov 5, 2013 - Transfer to local office according to USCIS web site, but customer service couldn't verify location (I'm assuming Houston)
Nov 5, 2013 - Set up infopass appointment for 11/13/13
Nov 8, 2013 - Received transfer letter, case at CSC
Nov 18, 2013 - Received initial approval by email/text
Nov 21, 2013 - Received hard copy approval (797C) in the mail
NVC
- called NVC every single day from November 18th to January 30th asking about status update
Dec 4, 2013 - Case received at NVC
Dec 19, 2013 - Received case number by calling NVC
Dec 21, 2013 - Submitted DS-261 online
Dec 25, 2013 - Paid AOS fee online (Merry Christmas!!!)
Dec 27, 2013 - AOS fee payment cleared bank, so mailed AOS package to NVC. Paid IV package fee online
Dec 30, 2013 - IV fee payment cleared bank, so mailed IV package to NVC
Dec 31, 2013 - AOS package arrived at NVC
Jan 6, 2014 - IV package arrived at NVC
Jan 7, 2014 - Submitted DS-260 online
Jan 24, 2014 - Received checklist via email (said reviewed DS-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents). I called NVC to verify I can ignore checklist and they said yes, to ignore it.
Jan 27, 2014 - Called NVC and was told that our case is complete and that we're just waiting for an interview appointment date.
Jan 29, 2014- Called NVC and was told that our interview was scheduled for March 10, 2014. Also registered for St Luke medical exam online.
Jan 30, 2014 - Received P4 letter in email.
US Embassy (Manila) / Medical (St. Luke's)
- called embassy every day after the interview, during AP status and after visa status changed to "Issued," asking about status update and visa delivery timeframe
Feb 4-5, 2014 - Wife went to medical exam (took two days), results mailed to US Embassy in Manila.
Feb 7, 2014, Package sent from NVC to US Embassy in Manila (according to NVC phone operator).
Feb 10, 2014 - CEAC website updated case as "In Transit."
Feb 11, 2014 - DHL website shows case as delivered to US Embassy in Manila.
Feb 12, 2014 - Called US Embassy in Manila and interview rescheduled for Feb 25th.
Feb 25, 2014 - "Approved," but we have to submit CENOMAR then wait for visa after it's processed, so I guess technically it's in Administrative Processing (AP).
Mar 17, 2014 - CEAC website, visa status changed to "Issued." Now we wait for pickup/delivery.
Mar 21, 2014 - Juvy picked up visa from 2GO location, got CFO stamp, and I booked her ticket.
Mar 22, 2014 - Juvy left Manila, through Japan and Detroit, and finally onto Houston!! :-)
THE REST OF MY LIFE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY BEGIN!!!
event.png
event.png

Timeline

For those of you that bring photos to the embassy interview of you and your spouse together, how many photos would you typically take? And if they're digital, what's the best way to present those? Most of my photos are digital and so I could just print them out on paper as color copies, but didn't know if that was a good idea, or if there are better ideas out there for that. Any better ideas? Thanks!

Interview is the time you can bring everything and the kitchen sink. Most bring photo albums. You can pretty it up and all that. Some bring a sampling. Just make it easy to take out if CO wants a closer look.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

For anyone that has chat logs on Facebook or Skype, is there an easy way to download that information to take to embassy interview? Or better ideas on how to share that information with embassy for interview?

My facebook I copied all the emails and messages into a word Doc. It copied our pics and everything just like it was in facebook (977 pages).

Most have a sampling of what they want to show if they didn't frontload at the beginning. I would get a little of each communication. But anything really showing a real relationship. people talking about the future plans all that.I know

Skype I have read on VJ has a download way to get all you talked about even video cams if u did those. (I never did Skye so don't know how).

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes--need more evidence at the interview.

We just submitted civil documents and my passport photos to NVC.

Joint bank statements, money transfer receipts, call and text logs, emails, post cards, invitations with both names, family photos together, passport stamps and plane tickets during husband-wife visits, etc. Anything and everything that will show that both of you have spent time together as husband and wife--to prove to them that the relationship is valid--these are the things we need to bring to the interview to show that we are indeed REAL husband and wife (We will have to prove them that we are not only joined together in a scam for a green card)

The docs we submitted to NVC is not enough to prove that,

No I did not submit only civil documents but also all the extra evidences which u r talking about.. Everything even millions of things.. Now again.. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interview is the time you can bring everything and the kitchen sink. Most bring photo albums. You can pretty it up and all that. Some bring a sampling. Just make it easy to take out if CO wants a closer look.

Hahaha kitchen sink is funny :P

No I did not submit only civil documents but also all the extra evidences which u r talking about.. Everything even millions of things.. Now again.. sad.png

Wow! That was loads!

Anyway, to my answer, once you receive your P4 (Interview letter) they will give you a run down of documents that they have received and will forward to the consulate, and those that you still have to bring to the interview.

Other things I will have with me to the interview are not on any of the requirements or lists, however, but I am bringing anyway.

Bottomline, to be on the safe side, if you would take my suggestion into consideration--better have MORE THAN everything on hand (like a reserve or other back-up evidences) and be prepared THAN to risk being scheduled to a second interview for not having the one single simple thing they asked of you during the interview. So I suggest, bring as much as you could, but present it to them only if asked. If they didn't, at least you were prepared.

So if you think that you have sent everything to NVC, and that was everything you have...then you can just simply have along with you to the interview the same things you sent to NVC--just in case.

Like dwheels76 said, "...AND THE KITCHEN SINK."luv.gif

Edited by RedPepper

JWD531, I tried as best I could, unfortunately, we can only print them.

ON FACEBOOK:

To download your information, go to your Account Settings on the General tab, click Download a copy of your Facebook data found somewhere off center of the page.

This includes a lot of the same information available to you in your account and activity log, including your timeline info, posts you have shared, messages, photos and more. Additionally, it includes information that is not available simply by logging into your account, like the ads you have clicked on, data like the IP addresses that are logged when you log into or out of Facebook, and more. https://www.facebook.com/help/405183566203254

ON SKYPE:

1) You can use: http://www.skypeprint.com/ (It doesn't print call logs though)

2) A friend suggested this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

(It worked with hers, I didn't use it though).

For Other Curious cats out there...

ON VIBER:

Tap More at the bottom right of your Viber tab menu...then Settings....scroll down and you will see Email Message History

Edited by RedPepper

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just got a case complete email without an interview date cray5ol.gifClockWatch2.gif

My VisaJourney:

I'm the beneficiary

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Sep 2012 - Marriage

USCIS:
02/15/2013 - I-130 Sent
02/22/2013 - NOA1
06/07/2013 - Case transferred to Newark field office
07/12/2013 - InfoPass appointment
08/01/2013 - I-130 approved (160 Days)
08/05/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
08/19/2013 - NVC Received
08/29/2013 - Case number and INN assigned
08/31/2013 - Sent DS-3032 email template
09/04/2013 - Paid AOS bill
09/05/2013 - Submitted DS-261 online form
09/06/2013 - AOS bill showed Paid
09/16/2013 - DS-261 Received
09/17/2013 - Paid IV bill
09/18/2013 - IV bill showed Paid
09/20/2013 - Submitted DS-260 online form
09/22/2013 - Sent IV package
09/30/2013 - IV package received by NVC
10/22/2013 - IV package accepted
10/31/2013 - Sent AOS package
11/04/2013 - AOS package received by NVC
11/27/2013 - Case Complete
04/30/2014 - Interview Scheduled for Jun 11
06/11/2014 - At interview consul asked for another joint sponsor
07/10/2014 - Sent joint sponsor papers
07/17/2014 - VISA On Hand

Just got a case complete email without an interview date cray5ol.gifClockWatch2.gif

On the bright side, you got a case complete! Congratulations, still!!!

Come on don't you fret, your interview sched will come soon--just a little more patience...

We are just right here with you innocent.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.