meuy99

How does USCIS calculate 90 days- is it calendar days?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Our IO at the AOS interview commented on the fact that we got married and filed in the 90 day time frame. There are some members who feel it does not matter if you file in the 90 days. Why take a chance after all the time and money you spent to get this far. PS Don't come to AZ is you are not squared away on your documents, and you should know CPB is making a big push to be very active in Ca.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

90 days, my k1 entry stamp was 10 oct and it is good until 7 Jan, thats 90 days including the day you come in. We got married on 20 Oct and filed for aos within 10 days, might as well.

In my ex's family they have two birthdays if the they don't fall on a weekend. The family birthday with parents and siblings and then a big birthday on a weekend so everyone can come.

That was my idea of moving the birthday. He wouldn't have to wait, he'd still have a birthday party with his parents on his birthday, but then the family gathering would be after your fiance came. It was a thought but hey if the kid is gonna throw a fit, let the tail wag the dog by all means.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Our IO at the AOS interview commented on the fact that we got married and filed in the 90 day time frame. There are some members who feel it does not matter if you file in the 90 days. Why take a chance after all the time and money you spent to get this far. PS Don't come to AZ is you are not squared away on your documents, and you should know CPB is making a big push to be very active in Ca.

You're absolutely right- why chance it. We've endure this much, can't stumble in the last leg.

90 days, my k1 entry stamp was 10 oct and it is good until 7 Jan, thats 90 days including the day you come in. We got married on 20 Oct and filed for aos within 10 days, might as well.

Thank you for that confirmation.

In my ex's family they have two birthdays if the they don't fall on a weekend. The family birthday with parents and siblings and then a big birthday on a weekend so everyone can come.

That was my idea of moving the birthday. He wouldn't have to wait, he'd still have a birthday party with his parents on his birthday, but then the family gathering would be after your fiance came. It was a thought but hey if the kid is gonna throw a fit, let the tail wag the dog by all means.

Guess in the end, USCIS wins. He'll just have to come later so we can get married and file for AOS within the 90 days. Better safe than sorry ;)

Removal of Conditions

Sept 24 2016 - resent packet (1st attempt arrived 2 days too early due to miscalculation of 90 days)

AOS Timeline

8/9/14- Mailed I-485/131/765 (took a long time to get our Marriage Certificate)

8/15/14- notified via text and email that application was accepted on 8/12 and being processed.

9/8/14- Biometric done; 11/5/14- EAD/I-131 Approved/Card Production

11/5/14- AOS moved to testing/interview; 11/13/14- EAD/AP Combo card REC'D

12/16/14- AOS Interview- APPROVED! 1/3/15- Green card approved.

K1 Timeline

8/16/2013 I-129F Sent via UPS to Lewisville, TX 9/25/2013 Hard copy of NOA 2 received dancin5hr.gif

8/19/2013 I-129F CSC Received 10/29/2013 Got email from NVC with case number (NVC rec'd)

8/20/2013 NOA1 10/30/2013 Left NVC

8/22/2013 Notice that Alien Registration Number was changed 11/04/2013 Consulate Rec'd

8/26/2013 NOA1 Received by mail 11/12/2013 Packet 3 rec'd

9/20/2013 Email notice of NOA2 (31 days)

02/04/2014 After many months of waiting and frustration, FI finally got his birth certificate, passport and police clearance from his home country and we received an SMS today stating that his SA Police Clearance was finalized.

02/18/14 Police Clearance rec'd

2/20/14- Second packet 3 sent to consulate

2/27/14 Followed up with Consulate to get interview date. They schedule an interview for 2/20 when he submitted the application of readiness (what we had to do to extend his NOA2) on 1/21, but they didn't notify us of that appointment, so we missed it.

3/27/14- Interview- APPROVED!!!

4/10/14- FI entered US via LAX and flew to SF 6/14/14- Civil Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We plan on getting married at the local courthouse and the n having an actual wedding ceremony and reception at a later date. Our reasoning being that we want to move the whole process along as quickly as possible.

That way, we will still have the wedding that C wants, however we won't have to worry about waiting to save up for it and timing my entry so it all fits in. Plus we are well over being apart.

04/15/2014 - Filed I129-F

04/22/2014 - NOA 1 received (TSC)

08/11/2014 - Notice of transfer received (CSC)

09/18/2014 - NOA 2 received

11/12/2014 - Interview Date (approved)

12/01/2014 - US Arrival Date

12/10/2014 - Married

02/05/2014 - AOS Filed

02/28/2015 - Notified of Request for Initial Evidence

03/10/2015 - Sent Requested Evidence

04/03/2015 - EAD and Advanced Parole Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry, this may be a dumb question, but nevertheless, I'm curious. Does USCIS count the 90 days as calendar days, for instance, our wedding date is set for July 12, 2014 and I'd really like my fiance to be here on April 12, 2014 because it's my niece's bday and a good chance for him to meet the family. But if I count 90 calendars, he'll have to be here April 14th and not april 12th. But if we're looking at months, 3 months from July 12th would be April 12th. Does that make sense? Of course I'd rather have him miss the birthday party so he can actually be here for the wedding, but if I can have my cake and eat it too, life would just be so much better smile.png

Can anyone confirm for me? Thanks!

90 days is 90 days.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We plan on getting married at the local courthouse and the n having an actual wedding ceremony and reception at a later date. Our reasoning being that we want to move the whole process along as quickly as possible.

That way, we will still have the wedding that C wants, however we won't have to worry about waiting to save up for it and timing my entry so it all fits in. Plus we are well over being apart.

Smart thinking. That's what we did, some family members were a bit confused but when it was explained to them about the unique K-1 requirements and the need to conduct our affairs outside the norm (a fact of international dating, immigration and marriage), virtually all were understanding.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Fyi you do not need to AOS within the 90 days, just marry. AOS can happen at any time after that, but obviously so that your soon to be husband can work and travel outside the USA, the sooner the better. :)

Hope the timeline works out for you.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi you do not need to AOS within the 90 days, just marry. AOS can happen at any time after that, but obviously so that your soon to be husband can work and travel outside the USA, the sooner the better. smile.png

Hope the timeline works out for you.

Thanks! That puts my mind at ease about the AOS.

Removal of Conditions

Sept 24 2016 - resent packet (1st attempt arrived 2 days too early due to miscalculation of 90 days)

AOS Timeline

8/9/14- Mailed I-485/131/765 (took a long time to get our Marriage Certificate)

8/15/14- notified via text and email that application was accepted on 8/12 and being processed.

9/8/14- Biometric done; 11/5/14- EAD/I-131 Approved/Card Production

11/5/14- AOS moved to testing/interview; 11/13/14- EAD/AP Combo card REC'D

12/16/14- AOS Interview- APPROVED! 1/3/15- Green card approved.

K1 Timeline

8/16/2013 I-129F Sent via UPS to Lewisville, TX 9/25/2013 Hard copy of NOA 2 received dancin5hr.gif

8/19/2013 I-129F CSC Received 10/29/2013 Got email from NVC with case number (NVC rec'd)

8/20/2013 NOA1 10/30/2013 Left NVC

8/22/2013 Notice that Alien Registration Number was changed 11/04/2013 Consulate Rec'd

8/26/2013 NOA1 Received by mail 11/12/2013 Packet 3 rec'd

9/20/2013 Email notice of NOA2 (31 days)

02/04/2014 After many months of waiting and frustration, FI finally got his birth certificate, passport and police clearance from his home country and we received an SMS today stating that his SA Police Clearance was finalized.

02/18/14 Police Clearance rec'd

2/20/14- Second packet 3 sent to consulate

2/27/14 Followed up with Consulate to get interview date. They schedule an interview for 2/20 when he submitted the application of readiness (what we had to do to extend his NOA2) on 1/21, but they didn't notify us of that appointment, so we missed it.

3/27/14- Interview- APPROVED!!!

4/10/14- FI entered US via LAX and flew to SF 6/14/14- Civil Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.