TheFoxxy

Elena's models and question 35a on I-129F

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

What do you do if your fiancé never signed anything for her IMBRA rights and this questions requires a copy of it now on the updated I-129F form?

Does EM count as IMB? Can we say we met her and answer no it's not an IMB? Or answer yes list the address and not this form?

Any help or guidance is really appreciated, i feel like no one else has had to face this issue yet. Thank you in advance

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Many 'meet up' websites have an IMBRA statement.

Does EM have an IMBRA statement on it's website somewhere? If so, please read it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

It does not say anything that answers my questions, or I wouldn't have asked here. It states what IMBRA is and links a couple of sites but nothing specifically stating it is IMBRA or anything about obtaining a signed consent form.

I emailed EM as well but no response yet. Trying to get some sort of guidance here if at all possible. I am a smart guy and researched everything until I was forced to create a thread about it. Thanks

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband and I met at Catholicmatch.com...before we filed the I-129f I emailed the administrator of Catholicmatch.com if such site falls under IMBRA or not...they emailed me back saying no they do not fall under IMBRA ..I printed the email from Catholicmatch.com and attached it to my I-129f, specifically right after the supplement of the circumstances of how my fiancé and I met...I hope this can help you.

Timeline

Thank you for the responses everyone. I guess the question I have boils down to the written consent form for IMBRA.

We don't know how to get this or where to get it or if we need to send it in. I have emailed and called Elena's models and have not heard anything back yet.

Do you think saying we met on EM and putting the URL address is sufficient enough? Or will we get in trouble If we don't include this mysterious consent form that may not exist for us?

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Timeline

I feel like no one knows the answer to this and it seems like an important part of the process that could stop us from getting approved. :(

Do I need to consult a lawyer?

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

Timeline

For anyone else wondering the same thing: I just got an email response back from Elena's Models that said they are not an IMB and that they have no written consent documents for their women.

I am going to put that we met on EM but answer No to it being an IMB.

Thank you everyone who responded and I hope this thread helps people in the future.

10/17/2014 - Married

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

When IMBRA was new there was a lot of discussions regarding this topic. You should understand the IMBRA is a U.S. law and as such can only affect U.S. based International Marriage Brokers. Some IMB's out of the country have attempted to adopt IMBRA, but I doubt their international clients are much interested. I think you are taking the proper approach by stating that the site that created your introduction is not based in America and is not subject to the IMBRA requirements.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

http://www.elenasmodels.com/press/usalaw.htm

This is NOT the normal IMBRA compliance statement that I've seen on other sites. So, I really don't know what to tell you.

Here is an example of a site with an IMBRA Compliance Statement:

http://www.loveme.com/information/IMBRA/IMBRA.htm

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The key here is whether or not the business is primarily a marriage broker between US citizens or residents and foreign nationals. Read post 15 in the thread that Umka36 referenced. It's probably fair to say that EM is focused on international relationships. However, I wouldn't say that EM is focused particularly on US person with foreign person relationships insofar as there is also focus on men from Europe and elsewhere, not just the US. IMBRA is poorly written by someone who didn't really understand the internet or international dating, in my opinion.

This is just my opinion. I don't have personal experience with this and am not a lawyer.

Edited by SMR

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

back in the days when I was on EM I remember seeing that they stated that they are IMB and even the list of documents you have to provide to them in order to comply with IMBRA, but that was long time ago so maybe they changed something now, but they business model seems like IMB even though they do not care if you are from US or Europe

Timeline

EM is not a "marriage broker",

We wrote we met on a social media site, listed EM, and said no to IMBRA..

it was never brought up and/or mentioned at the interview in Moscow..., we were approved and all went smoothly. :-)

Timeline

I think that however you answer this question it isn't going to make a bit of difference.

I met my wife through Elena's but it was ages ago. When I first joined Elena's with a Platinum membership that allowed you to write as many women as you wanted for free it was before IMBRA and you could just write any lady you wanted. After IMBRA was passed, at that time, Elena's was trying to comply with IMBRA for the most part. Basically the men had to fill out a background statement saying they had no criminal record and you could no longer just write any woman. They would send your background info to any woman you wanted to write and then she would give permission for you to write her. When I filled out my paperwork I answered that question YES and gave them Elena's Models contact info. It never came up at any time in the process and was never mentioned during the interview.

As things seem to be now, I would agree, just answer the question NO.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.