mrnaj86

I-134: When will 2013's tax transcripts be available to order?

16 posts in this topic

Hello all,

We are considering postponing my fiancee interview (who is scheduled on Jan 23) because I will not have enough evidence for i-134 form (since tax filling will not have started).

However before I re-schedule the interview, I want to be sure that by the new interview date I will have 2013 tax transcripts. Does anyone have expectation as to when 2013's transcript will be available to order?

My second question is: I have only worked since June this year, I'm not sure what my gross income will be, but I'm anticipating something around 20620.82. This is slightly above %125 poverty line. Will they be only looking at the gross income reported in the tax transcripts or will they take into consideration that this does not represent my entire annual income?

Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

FYI: per the US Embassy in Manila, the I134 only need to meet the 100% POVERTY GUIDELINES and not the 125% as it has been posted in sime if the forums here on VJ.

FYI: per the US Embassy in Manila, the I134 only need to meet the 100% POVERTY GUIDELINES and not the 125% as it has been posted in sime if the forums here on VJ.

Thanks kryzkyle, yes I realize that but it seems like some consulates treat i-134 exactly as i-864 which is why I'm concerned. I134 form instructions make it seem very easy and this is why we originally scheduled for Jan 23 interview. But from reading online, many are getting refused because of not enough evidence of financial support.

BTW, has anyone had issues with their i-134 form at US Embassy in Ankara? This is where my fiancee will having her interview and I'm not sure how stringent they are in checking I134 evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I guess you dont know this but each year the amount of money they expect you to make for the poverty guideline goes up each year. Every year they change that amount and you file I-134 now but when you do your AOS you will need the 125% for the I-864 affidavit of support.

Keep it Real

Hello all,

We are considering postponing my fiancee interview (who is scheduled on Jan 23) because I will not have enough evidence for i-134 form (since tax filling will not have started).

However before I re-schedule the interview, I want to be sure that by the new interview date I will have 2013 tax transcripts. Does anyone have expectation as to when 2013's transcript will be available to order?

My second question is: I have only worked since June this year, I'm not sure what my gross income will be, but I'm anticipating something around 20620.82. This is slightly above %125 poverty line. Will they be only looking at the gross income reported in the tax transcripts or will they take into consideration that this does not represent my entire annual income?

Thanks,

hi there

if you can not get 2013 tax return you can just submit paystubs since that month when you started working

paystubs are also the evidences and employers letter too, pay stubs are just fine

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

I guess you dont know this but each year the amount of money they expect you to make for the poverty guideline goes up each year. Every year they change that amount and you file I-134 now but when you do your AOS you will need the 125% for the I-864 affidavit of support.

Hmm I didn't think about that. My actual income is actually well over %125, but it is just that in tax year 2013 I worked as an intern in the summer for a modest pay and then switched to a full-time job which is my current salary, this is why my 2013 tax transcript will only show a number around %125 poverty line but in reality my income is well above that.

hi there

if you can not get 2013 tax return you can just submit paystubs since that month when you started working

paystubs are also the evidences and employers letter too, pay stubs are just fine

Yeah I intend to do that, but when I search on this forum, many people are reporting that the consulate are asking for more evidence, actually some are even saying that 1040 form is not enough and that it has to be complete tax transcript (which is also what the online attorney told me)

Get a letter from your employer stating your expected earnings on a yearly basis, take that with your pay stubs as evidence of the pay you have been receiving. Usually you can't get IRS transcripts until around May when I had to get them, unless it has changed. Also, I would submit a letter stating why you don't have past 2 years tax forms.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can use a complete copy of your tax return in place of the IRS transcript. Just make a copy of all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s. Also include letter from employer and most recent pay stubs to prove current income.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks guys. Ok sounds like I have three options:

1. Postpone interview until sometime around mid May and order tax transcripts

2. Postpone one month to Feb 20 and use w2 and schedules as evidence

3. Do not postpone and use only pay stubs and letter as evidence

Of course I would love not to postpone but I have read here multiple times that I-134 is treated as I-864 and they always expect tax returns I otherwise we have big chance of getting RFE. Is that true? Can someone with similar experience in Ankara comment on that?

My second preferred option is 2 which seems reasonably safe, I just have one question: If I print out the final PDF report from TurboTax, would that have everything they will be looking for?

Two more questions:

1. Should I get tax transcripts from last two years? Even though I had different job in 2011 and in 2012 my only income was from 401k emergency withdrawal

2. Is it a good idea to email the consulate and ask them whether they can accept pay stubs and a letter as evidence for I-134?

Thanks again for all the help!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

100% - Don't hold your count your chickens on that one. USEM will want 125%.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

100% - Don't hold your count your chickens on that one. USEM will want 125%.

Yes I've actually miscalculated my gross income for this year, I would be over 125% so hopefully that is not an issue. My biggest concern is now when is the best time to reschedule my fiancee interview for? I don't want to schedule too early before I have a chance to file my taxes but also I want to avoid unnecessary delays.

Also, I've been reading FAM and it sounds like COs are asked to be more suspicious of petitioner interest to marry the beneficiary if the interview date is far from the petition expiration. My petition already expired Oct 31 because we had to transfer it from Amman to Ankara which took long time to finish and I don't want to raise red flags by scheduling too late.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I've actually miscalculated my gross income for this year, I would be over 125% so hopefully that is not an issue. My biggest concern is now when is the best time to reschedule my fiancee interview for? I don't want to schedule too early before I have a chance to file my taxes but also I want to avoid unnecessary delays.

Also, I've been reading FAM and it sounds like COs are asked to be more suspicious of petitioner interest to marry the beneficiary if the interview date is far from the petition expiration. My petition already expired Oct 31 because we had to transfer it from Amman to Ankara which took long time to finish and I don't want to raise red flags by scheduling too late.

I am not sure how things for for your embassy. Every embassy is different, I was posting to kryzkyle as he stated that the embassy in Manila uses 100%, which it actually doesn't, they want 125%.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Remember that current income is more important than previous earnings. If you have ways to prove your current income (letter from employer, pay stubs), that might be more important than your taxes.

Also, don't forget that while it's a pain to wait, even at the Embassy stage, they can request for further evidence. It is an option to you to go ahead and schedule the interview, get as much proof as you possibly can, letters explaining things, etc, and see what happens at the interview. If they're not satisfied with what they have, they might simply give out a 221(g) (I think that's the form number) and then you'll know exactly what else they want/need. That way you would still be in the process, instead of waiting, and you'll have a more precise idea of what else you'll need to get, instead of guessing your way through waiting.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.