DU&ML <3

Have you ever been refused a US Visa? K1 DS-160

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before this K1 application, I have applied for US Tourist Visa twice (Year 2009, for holiday and year 2011 to visit my grandmother who was terminally ill.) Both tourist visa applications were denied. For the question, " Have you ever been refused a US Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?"- should I answer Yes or No? If yes, what details do i need to put in the "explain" box? Thanks for your help! :-)

Always be honest. They have a record of your previous denials anyways. If you lie, they may deny your application just based on the fact you lied. Besides, previous denials of non-immigrant applications have no bearing on an approval of a K-1 visa unless those denials were for specific reasons that would also be a reason for a K-1 denial. Otherwise you're fine. My fiance had previous non-immigrant visas denied and she was approved for the K-1 visa.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Always be honest. They have a record of your previous denials anyways. If you lie, they may deny your application just based on the fact you lied. Besides, previous denials of non-immigrant applications have no bearing on an approval of a K-1 visa unless those denials were for specific reasons that would also be a reason for a K-1 denial. Otherwise you're fine. My fiance had previous non-immigrant visas denied and she was approved for the K-1 visa.

Good advice :-) I'm not actually thinking about hiding anything. I'm just not sure if this question includes tourist visa denials. :-) I assume that your fiance answered yes in this question . Do you still remember what details she included in the " explain" box? Thanks! :-)

Edited by DU&ML <3

Hi. I was denied too, twice for a US Tourist Visa. No problem when I had my interview. I checked NO. Good Luck dancin5hr.gif

You were fortunate not to get called on your lie.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Hi. I was denied too, twice for a US Tourist Visa. No problem when I had my interview. I checked NO. Good Luck dancin5hr.gif

Hi did u encounter any problem when scheduling ur appointment online? Because my DS-160 confirmation number on my Appointment details does not match my ds-160 confirmation letter.. Im thinking maybe its because of my denied US Tourist Visa. I just noticed it when i reviewed my appointment details. thats why I cancelled my appointment right away.

Edited by katjaden24

Wow. Such hostility.

The OP's question was if you answered yes or no to having been refused a visa. Your response was you said no even if you were denied tourist visas. Of course the other poster thought that's what you said "no" too.

Tip: Basahin mo muna yung orihinal na tanong bago ka sumagot kung ayaw mong mapagbintangan (Translation: Read the original question first before you answer if you don't want to be accused wrongly)

To ORIGINAL poster, YES. Be transparent. If the question doesn't explicitly ask for immigrant visa applications, then obviously what's being asked are all your visa applications.

I answered yes to having been refused a work visa. I said N/A to having been refused at POE, because I have never been at POE.

Say whatever you want to say! I said Yes about applying a Visa. I said NO NO NO about the POE question! Why would I lie???!! If I did I wouldn't be here in the US.

Timeline

Hi did u encounter any problem when scheduling ur appointment online? Because my DS-160 confirmation number on my Appointment details does not match my ds-160 confirmation letter.. Im thinking maybe its because of my denied US Tourist Visa. I just noticed it when i reviewed my appointment details. thats why I cancelled my appointment right away.

Before this K1 application, I have applied for US Tourist Visa twice (Year 2009, for holiday and year 2011 to visit my grandmother who was terminally ill.) Both tourist visa applications were denied. For the question, " Have you ever been refused a US Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?"- should I answer Yes or No? If yes, what details do i need to put in the "explain" box? Thanks for your help! :-)

I said yes to having been denied a US visa. Mine was a work visa of sorts. For the details section, I put the month and year I applied only, cause I can't remember the exact date. I wrote one sentence that went like this.

"I applied for a (visa type), a requirement to work on a cruise ship off a US port, and was denied the visa February 20** due to not having sufficient ties to return to the Philippines."

Of course, you answer according to what applies to your experience. Hope this helps! :)

Edited by ivyanddan

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline

I said yes to having been denied a US visa. Mine was a work visa of sorts. For the details section, I put the month and year I applied only, cause I can't remember the exact date. I wrote one sentence that went like this.

"I applied for a (visa type), a requirement to work on a cruise ship off a US port, and was denied the visa February 20** due to not having sufficient ties to return to the Philippines."

Of course, you answer according to what applies to your experience. Hope this helps! :)

Thank you ivyanddan! This clearly answers my question. :-)

Of course, you answer according to what applies to your experience. Hope this helps! smile.png

I was denied a B-2 visa in 2011 and I read many posts here a while back that everyone has to declare about any refusal type of visas. Fortunately I stil have yellow paper that stating "consider filed petition for K-1 visa" and any other forms. Thank you for make a clear affirmation for the OP.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

several posts removed for tos violations or for quoting those posts.
please refrain from posting in other than english (ote) outside of the regional forums.
violating tos by using ote will be noted by other members and reported to site moderation. while it may feel good to shoot from the lip in ote, the long arm of the law will catch up to you.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thank you ivyanddan! This clearly answers my question. :-)

You're welcome! Also include where the interview was done. I forgot I had it on there, too. Make it as brief and concise as possible. Good luck!

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Good advice :-) I'm not actually thinking about hiding anything. I'm just not sure if this question includes tourist visa denials. :-) I assume that your fiance answered yes in this question . Do you still remember what details she included in the " explain" box? Thanks! :-)

She just put the dates and the visa types.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

We answered yes, denied on income. Not a big deal.

Filled AOS/AP/EAD: 2014-04-09

Biometrics: 2014-05-08

AOS approved for interview: 2014-06-24

AOS Interview: 2014-07-30, Approved.

GC received: 2014-08-11
ROC Sent: 2016-04-29

ROC packet received at California Service Center: 05-02-16

NOA1 (Received 05-13-16): Letter dated 05-02-16
ROC Biometrics: 2016-06-02

Filed for Re-entry permit: 2016-06-03

Re-entry permit biometrics: 2016-07-14

Re-entry permit approved: 2016-12-07
Re-entry permit received: 2016-12-10, Only got 6 month re-entry permit????
ROC Approved: 2017-02-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

post removed and returned minus the quote, which violated tos.

Your visa and LPR status can be revoked at any time because you lied. Even if you get USC it can be revoked for your lie. You think that's a cause to celebrate?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.