Scott & Mei

I think we are going to need some help here!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yep they get into everything. Any idea where i can get documents translated? I live in central Il. was thinking of Champain! U of I but willing to travel to the windy city. Thanks Scott

There's a China Students Association at the University of Ill/Chicago - you can talk with the pres of that student association and see what's what. Lots of Chinese students there take in translation jobs for pocket money.

I have no idea about Champaign.

However, just make certain there's that translators attestation statement on the last page of the translated page. That's sufficient for USCIS submission. [and photocopies are all that they require]

Since you're posting again, do you have some news about the police clearance report, or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 8 months later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Ok! First off I want to thank all that have replyed to this posting. I did go to China, the stay was wonderful but the weather very very hot. So after a few days she was ready to take me to the police station to get her Criminal Record Certificate (see attached file) all charges total 2yrs. and 4 months BUT! she was only in there for 2yrs. Like thats going to matter. I also spoke with a lawyer she is willing to take the case for around 45,000 to 60,000 thousand dollars REALLY???? Now with that being said and shown to the world in VJ land! What should i do? I have everything to front load the 601, Just trying to see if there is another route to go. Moving there is not an option! Sorry for the scambled writing as my head is not on straight after the price quote! WOW Thanks Much Scott. OK cant upload the certificate Help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

US Dollars?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That is about 4 times higher than the highest I have heard of.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Read up on inadmissibility, there's a political exemption clause

I cant explain it now, & it may not apply because she did time

45Gs is a joke, get all records and consult free with Lizz Cannon.

If U R a great reader and writer with the help of studying the process

at immigrate2US.net site U can do it just find out from Ms Cannon

what will she charge & then decide.....good luck

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Boiler, Jawaree..........Yes 4 times and 45G's is a joke! Thought i was going to fall outa this chair when i heard that figure. Anyway i tried to find or research the political exemption clause but found nothing, maybe not searching in the right place. I did look over at the other site 2US very good info there also! Maybe a link to point me in the right direction? Going to give Ms Cannon a call just as well. OK i couldn't copy/paste so i'll just write what the charges were. 1 fabricating the seal of national authority 2 fabricating the seal of companies 3 and perjury I've seen those seals almost everyone has one it's like there signature, her son even has one and he's 13. Now the fabricating part? Hmmmmm I fab things up at work all the time and do it at home too. She hasn't the ability to make a seal but if fabricating=use then that might be posibility. The perjury part was losing documents and not knowing where she had put them. She is a little forgetful at times when chatting with her, then i would remind her and she would give me that O O I remember. Time to get reading and thanks for the great information, Thanks much S..tt

Edited by Scott & Mei

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

A lawyer should request no more than 5k for a retainer, and anything that goes over that can be worked out in payments, whomever you spoke with is either trying to pull you through the ringer, or is speaking about another currency (perhaps Yen), and was unclear, or confused the currencies when speaking with you.

Information is your best weapon when up against a potential immigration issue. When there's a criminal record, even if it's been expunged, the US Government will see it and weigh it against the potential of that person committing those crimes again in the US. If there was a mass arrest regarding these people, and the government then issued a mass clearance, and this was indeed a well documented political move, you have a good chance in the US Government ignoring it, as the charges were bogus and obviously the people in question were not criminals. But do not rely on what your fiancee tells you and get the facts.

As for the police record, I would get as much information about the charges, whether her record has been expunged in her country, and what the political issues regarding it were. Once you have that information, Google for other immigration cases who had any of those charges previously as well. That will let you know if there's been any successes, and what roadblocks they had to go through. This will prepare you to better understand what you're up against. This preparation will also help you explain your case to a lawyer and the more you know about the process, political issues, and roadblocks the less likely they'll attempt to take advantage of your ignorance and jack up the cost.

When you're looking to hire a lawyer, I would recommend finding one in the USA, and I would also recommend that you don't focus on one that speaks Chinese. You can "white book" the translations with a translation service, again Google will be your friend. A good translation service should be willing to translate your documents for you and provide a seal of certification, I've seen prices between $25-100 per page (depending on the language, dialect and service). Having a 3rd party translate them is essential, otherwise the USCIS may not consider the documents as they could be "tampered with".

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.