Sign in to follow this  
Nonofurbusiness

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE BEFORE USCIS GIVES APPROVAL ON I-130?

32 posts in this topic

hi how long before USCIS gives approval on I-130 US citizen filling for a spouse?.. We filed the petition last March 26th, 2013 and our case is still on initial review sad.png . we got the first NOA last March 29th, 2013. and we filed it in California service center.

Thanks,

Are you sure you filed at CSC?

Petitions are always filed to Chicago or Pheonix Locbox and then are routed to National Benefits Center. In March it was NBC/Lee's Summit. MO, now it's NBC/Overland Park, KS.

Unless your file was recently transferred, I'd say your atty is wrong about your file was originally sent to.

Does your case number start with MSC? or WAC?

hi, Our case Number starts with MSC.. Is it stands for? I'm not sure if our case was transferred or not. my husband called our attorney and the paralegal said that our papers is in California Service Center. and the reason why it takes so long is they have so many back logs. and they told us that it will take 10 mos. from the date of receipt (NOA1) and the receipt date was March 29th,2013. if I'm not mistaken we will probably get result on the end of January 2014.. dead.gif

hi, Our case Number starts with MSC.. Is it stands for? I'm not sure if our case was transferred or not. my husband called our attorney and the paralegal said that our papers is in California Service Center. and the reason why it takes so long is they have so many back logs. and they told us that it will take 10 mos. from the date of receipt (NOA1) and the receipt date was March 29th,2013. if I'm not mistaken we will probably get result on the end of January 2014.. dead.gif

MSC is the national benefits center...must be your case was transferred to California...seems like cases in California are starting to pickup according to processing times on here...seeing approvals ranging from February-June. Yay! Hopefully your time will come soon :)

Sorry February - MAY

It stands for national benefits center (NBC) located in Missouri or [missouri service center, basically the same]. If your case was transferred to CSC, uscis will send notification thru email and update your case status in uscis.

Edited by Ryan H

Dont show your receipt number in public , delete it

What could possibly happen except the authorities identifying the poster by it though? There's no private data shown in the tracking tool in USCIS site. Anyone can check anyone's number anyway. So just asking out of curiousity.

I just study the Receipts from USCIS ... I tried to change the last last two digits of our receipt number

Don't pay too much attention to nearby numbers. NBC creates over 30,000 MSC case numbers EACH WEEK, and about 1/3 of those are I-130 petitions.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.