mickyx15

tourist visa denied (2nd time) wife and son Colombia

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

For the second time my wife was denied a tourist visa at the Bogota embasssy. A month and a half ago she went and was denied. I went to Senator Reid's office, here in Nevada, where I am temporarily visiting friends and family, and lodged a complaint. They sent an email to Bogota and received a response the following morning. Bogota said that they had no record of my wife having had an appointment. They (Reid's office) then sent a letter to Bogota, supporting our application for the tourist visa, with the time and date of the appointment. My wife had the appointment today (Oct 7). She was denied! They looked at NO documentation that my wife took with her. I also had left a letter explaining our situation to the Embassy.

One, We can not apply for an immigrant visa, since we do not plan to move to or live in the U.S.

Two. Copies of my resident status in Colombia and cedula. And that I live there permanently.

Three. Documentation, we own three properties in Colombia. And that I own no property in the U.S. (the properties in Colombia in both names)

Four. My wife's job, bank acc., etc.

They actually did tell my wife that they denied her because there was no strong reasons for her to return to Colombia. AND for the second time told her we should apply for, or rather, that I should apply for an immigrant visa for her.

I have showed my wife the rules and regulations. And that if we do not intend to live in the U.S., we can not apply for sending in a 130.

Since this is the SECOND time a person from the Embassy has told her this, she is convinced that I am an idiot (which may be true) and these people know what they are talking about.

My head is ready to explode! Can someone correct me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank You,

Micky

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, I am a U.S. citizen, born and raised in the U.S. - And my wife and I have been married five and a half years.

You are her strong tie to the US. You are the reason why she's denied a tourist visa. That's what the embassy is trying to say.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What he is saying is that in the eyes of the CO at the consulate, you (and I assume your USC son) are stronger ties to the US than anything else you can produce at the moment. Plus you own property in the US, that is her tie to the US as well.

Since visiting the US is not an entitlement, she has no rights to visit the US, your senator can do nothing to help. The decision rests with the CO.

You can apply again, maybe go with her, produce YOUR ties to Columbia as well.

Sorry for your situation

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

My son is not a USC. You misread, I (we) own NO property in the U.S., only in Colombia. I know she is not entitled to anything. Yes, my ineffective politicians can help, by sending congressional inquiries to the embassy in Bogota. They are representing me and my needs.

This is not unexpected, as over the years, Bogota has shown to be completely inconsistent. You can take all the documentation in the world, if it is never looked at, it is of no help.

Thank you for your replies.

It is hard to get tourist visa because of past tourist visa abuse.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/459002-hypotheticalin-usa-married-in-other-country-no-forms-filed-yet/

Hypothetically pretending to visit US as tourist but once step out of airport, file for Adjustment of Status.

If you are the CO, what would you think?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You are the strong ties to the US as a USC.

It is unlikely that your wife will get a tourist visa based on those facts. Your son is a USC so should be able to come with you any time.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Might be step son.

The information needed in the vast majority of circumstances in the initial application. Very rarely would additional information be asked for.

Just wondering, you said Reid's office sent a letter of support, how do they know her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes, my son is my 'step son'.

'if I were the CO, what would I think?' - I would probably do my job and look at the supporting documentation. To have a dozen documents and not have one looked at is not right, and when something is not right, it is wrong. They are not doing their job. I have read and talked to many, over the years, and it does appear that the standard, at least in Bogota is 'just say no'. I know that I am not the first, nor will I be the last, that this happens to. But, when they do not even look at one piece of supporting documentation, they are not doing their job, nor are they following their own rules.

I do understand that with a 'tourist visa' there is no recourse and they really do not HAVE to answer to anyone.

Sen Reid's office does not know my wife at all. I took all of the documentation to their office, to show and demonstrate my case

Thank you for the replies..

'if I were the CO, what would I think?' - I would probably do my job and look at the supporting documentation. To have a dozen documents and not have one looked at is not right, and when something is not right, it is wrong. They are not doing their job. I have read and talked to many, over the years, and it does appear that the standard, at least in Bogota is 'just say no'. I know that I am not the first, nor will I be the last, that this happens to. But, when they do not even look at one piece of supporting documentation, they are not doing their job, nor are they following their own rules.

I do understand that with a 'tourist visa' there is no recourse and they really do not HAVE to answer to anyone.

Sen Reid's office does not know my wife at all. I took all of the documentation to their office, to show and demonstrate my case

I applied B-2 visa a few years back and was denied. I guess it seems "standard" for COs not looking at papers when they read ' who you wanted to visit in US'. I wrote down 'wanted to visit my boyfriend' and the CO- a lady- told me that embassy very carefully handle and make decision about issuing a visa. She didn't bother to look at a bunch of papers from my work stated I will going back, banks statement, my property certificate, credit cards statements, and insurance.

That's because many people came to US using a B-2 visa and suddenly adjust their status which is a fraud. If the CO think my boyfriend was a strong ties to make me stay in US, no wonder why they did it to you as well.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is hard to get tourist visa because of past tourist visa abuse.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/459002-hypotheticalin-usa-married-in-other-country-no-forms-filed-yet/

Hypothetically pretending to visit US as tourist but once step out of airport, file for Adjustment of Status.

If you are the CO, what would you think?

No, because no fraud has been committed, which is why I was looking for feedback. Not as obvious to me as it seems to be to others, so I'm glad I put it out there. Knowing it seems to be visa fraud, why in the world would I do this and jeoporadize the future of my family's immigration journey?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You misunderstand the process. The information required is in the application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.