lbounds

Top 10 places to retire on $2000 a month (Cebu one of them)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been to Cebu many times. Its a totally different vibe compared to Manila. I "feel" its so much safer (very subjective), people are so much nicer, less crowded, international airport, and located in my favorite part of the Philippines; the Visayas. Much more protected from Typhoons and centrally located from the diving spots I love like Bohol, Malapsacua, Apo Island...

I'm buying in Camotes...on the island of San Francisco off the coast of Cebu.

Nice choice!

Biggest thing with living in the Phils is "where", if you want a condo/house in the cities then it will be spendy. Manila/Makati is as expensive living as being in the USA; housing and food for sure are right up there, and I hate the traffic... laughing.gif

When I visit my fiance and if we stay in Manila, I rent a small studio condo in the La Joya complex located in Rockwell, Makati. I will say considering eating out and going to the market, its as much if not more than what I pay in California Bay Area. But I will say Rockwell is in its own little world and you don't feel like your in Manila. Love the Philippines, hate Manila. Would much rather be in Cebu.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.