Hems

Government shutdown on OCT 1st can haunt all of us

30 posts in this topic

If you have an interview anytime in the next month I'd contact the embassy asap and find out directly from them what is happening. We can read all we want about their "plans" but better safe than sorry Especially if you are planning trips and whatnot. And of course post your finds

Always double check your documents and forms. Not only do you get delayed by RFEs and Checklists, but the time it takes for them to review the new items you send could be used to approve more applications. Save yourself and others valuable time!

Current Status: NVC:
-Assigned and Received NVC Case Number, IIN, and BIN April 18, 2014. (100% sure case # was assigned today because I called twice and it wasn't assigned in the morning when they opened but in the afternoon it was)
*Could not provide email then as case was still being updated in their system
-On April 21, 2014 I was able to provide my email and beneficiary's.
-On April 28 I was able to fill out DS-261
-On April 29 I received and paid AOS Fee (at 1pm)
-On May 1 I received and paid IV Fee (at 1pm [became available]), also AOS Fee shows as PAID
-On May 5 IV Fee shows as PAID and DS-260 became available and was completed. Also, AOS Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 7 IV Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 28 AOS Accepted

-On June 2 IV Accepted/Case Complete

-On June 11 Interview Email Received

-On July 3 Interview at Moscow

Note: Medical Exam scheduled after interview letter received by calling the specific clinic, earliest appointment was 2 weeks ahead)

-Visa approved, came to us, got greencard, sadly things didnt go well and divorced. Last I hears she was still in the US and got a full greencard (I notified USCIS of divorce though)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don't get it... My I/L is oct 16, will it effected?

just pray that the government shutdown will last for few days and if it doesn't then I am sorry to say but you will face some delay . Call NVC today as soon as they open and ask them first and try to get supervisor on the call because I asked one of the guy yesterday and he said he is not sure what will happen. :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about those who haven't receive their case number will it also affect us?

Timeline

We have partial shutdown in our embassy in manila, philippines. They are not accepting and processing nonimmigrant visa as of today

USCIS:

July 16 2012: I-130 sent

July 18 2012: Priority date

July 3 2013: NOA 2

NVC

July 17 2013: NVC received my case file

July 19 2013: case number and IIN received, ds-3032 sent

July 26 2013: ds 3032 and AOS invoice fee received. AOS fee Paid

July 29 2013: AOS package sent

July 31 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Aug 01 2013: AOS entered for review

Aug 02 2013: ds 3032 accepted

Aug 03 2013: IV invoice fee received via email and paid; Sent IV package to NVC

Aug 07 2013: IV package received at NVC

Aug 09 2013: IV entered for review

Aug 26 2013: CHECKLIST for AOS

Aug 28 2013: AOS checklist sent

Aug 29 2013: AOS checklist received at NVC

Aug 30 2013: AOS entered for review again

Sept 03 2013: IV package accepted

Sept 05 2013: ds260 sent

Sept 23 2013: CASE COMPLETE

Sept. 30 2013: case complete confirmation email

Oct. 28 2013: Interview letter received (december 17 2013)

Nov. 12 2013: medical done ( 1 day only)

Nov. 13 2013: case status ready

Nov. 15 2013: rescheduled my interview online

Nov. 27 2013: done with INTERVIEW (no additional papers asked)

Dec. 09 2013: CFO

DEc. 12 2013: POE: LAX :)

sleepy.gif sleepy.gif VISA on HAND!rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

CEAC status

11.27.13: ready for interview

12.02.13: ready

12.03.13: ISSUED

12.05.13: visa in transit

Timeline

I talked to NVC and the operator mentioned that the gov shutdown wont affect NVC and embassies. I also know that one person got their interview letter today.

Thanks for the update. I think we have to see what happens if GOv shutdown goes beyond 1 week .

Edited by Hems

Timeline

We have partial shutdown in our embassy in manila, philippines. They are not accepting and processing nonimmigrant visa as of today

Sorry to hear that . I just checked a website of Mumbai(india) embassy and it shows below message so I guess they are working normally.

" Please note that all Consular services for American Citizen and visa applicants continue to operate normally at this time."

Timeline

US Embassy Manila is NOT in any sort of shutdown.

Only the NIV and ACS unit are closed due to "routine services" which they will conduct every first wednesday of each month.

They will resume office tomorrow.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

As the US Government continues its Shutdown, the Department of State will continue passport and visa operations as well as provide critical services to U.S. citizens overseas. Processing times for passport applications will remain at four weeks or less for routine service and two weeks door-to-door for expedited service. Customers planning to travel within two weeks or requiring passports to obtain foreign visas should make an appointment at the nearest passport agency.

source:

http://www.visajourney.com/news/2013/10/01/us-passport-and-visa-processing-still-open-as-us-government-continues-shuts-down/

timeline

Dec 11, 2012 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I-130 sent

Dec 14, 2012 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PD/NOA1

July 23 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOA2/I-130 approved

Aug. 26 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NVC received

Aug 30 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS3032 received

Sept 11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS3032 sent

Sept11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AOS PAID

Sept 26 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I V AP Fee Bill Invoice (via email)O

Oct 24. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IV FEE PAid

Oct 28 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS 260 sent

Feb 11, 2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CC

April 03, 2014 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Interview (original date)

March 26, 2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Interview (rescheduled)

March 26, 2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Visa Approved

April 01, 2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Visa on hand :dancing:

May 02, 2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POE Lax :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.