BastillaShan

Embassy Interview and the Thread of Government Shutdown

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So- yep! Thank you to everyone for helping and all the advice and discussion. I had really spotty internet while in Moscow but I'm home now, and yes everything was open and working. We were at the embassy for about an hour and a half and left overly joyous because our K-1 was APPROVED!!!!!

Congrats!

I'm celebrating 7 months since NOA1 today. Could just cry.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So- yep! Thank you to everyone for helping and all the advice and discussion. I had really spotty internet while in Moscow but I'm home now, and yes everything was open and working. We were at the embassy for about an hour and a half and left overly joyous because our K-1 was APPROVED!!!!!

dancin5hr.gif

The easy part is over! Congratulations!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

7 months since NOA1 today. Could just cry.

Thank you and... oh my God... I'm so sorry. I hope you get you're NOA2 really really soon...

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

-Abraham Lincoln.

Timeline

Thank you and... oh my God... I'm so sorry. I hope you get you're NOA2 really really soon...

Yeah, we went for the IR-1/CR-1. I hope so too, thanks.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

Yeah, we went for the IR-1/CR-1. I hope so too, thanks.

They have generally been taking almost one year ti visa issuance. The good news is that they come with a Green Card so there is no adjustment of status needed. If you are married for more than 2 years when the visa is issued you get an IR-1 and have no need for Removal of Conditions. From petition to Green Card is about the same for both CR-1 and K-1. The K-1 just lets you do part of it in the USA.

Good luck.

FWIW we filed an I-130 for Alla's Mom last June and we got the NOA2 in February, so it was almost 8 months. She could have had her interview by April but we postponed it until we were going to be there for the summer...then her Mom changed her mind and refused to go to the interview. what can you do?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They have generally been taking almost one year ti visa issuance. The good news is that they come with a Green Card so there is no adjustment of status needed. If you are married for more than 2 years when the visa is issued you get an IR-1 and have no need for Removal of Conditions. From petition to Green Card is about the same for both CR-1 and K-1. The K-1 just lets you do part of it in the USA.

Good luck.

Thanks, i know the difference and this is exactly why we went for it - so i can start working immediately and also so my family doesn't miss the wedding (since i'm leaving the country, they'll be seeing much less of us than his side of the family, so). I'll not be in a position for IR-1 yet hopefully when it comes to the visa issuing.

I'm the beneficiary.

Timeline

Thanks, i know the difference and this is exactly why we went for it - so i can start working immediately and also so my family doesn't miss the wedding (since i'm leaving the country, they'll be seeing much less of us than his side of the family, so). I'll not be in a position for IR-1 yet hopefully when it comes to the visa issuing.

All good reasons and you are wise to consider everything in your choice of visa.

Most people choose the K-1 because they are told it is "faster". Then huge numbers of K-1 visa applicants are dissapointed to leanr that their fiancees/wives cannot work when they arrive, cannot leave the country without an AP or Green Card and have to pay an additional $1000 plus right after arriving PLUS submit another Affidavit of Support

Sorry you have had to wait so long but the wait time is quickly forgotten (another mistake in my opinion) I believe you and your husband should never forget what you both did to be together.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

All good reasons and you are wise to consider everything in your choice of visa.

Most people choose the K-1 because they are told it is "faster". Then huge numbers of K-1 visa applicants are dissapointed to leanr that their fiancees/wives cannot work when they arrive, cannot leave the country without an AP or Green Card and have to pay an additional $1000 plus right after arriving PLUS submit another Affidavit of Support

Sorry you have had to wait so long but the wait time is quickly forgotten (another mistake in my opinion) I believe you and your husband should never forget what you both did to be together.

Thanks. :)

I'm the beneficiary.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm definitely not, but I have noticed it, you're right.

I'm definitely not conservative and the Americans I know personally who have RUB spouses -- all initially met through work experiences in the FSU rather than over the web -- are not either.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.