skywalkerjedi

DS-230 vs DS-260

25 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just realized that US Embassy in Manila already accepts DS-260 for immigrants. I just found out about this today and this got me thinking.

1. I did the DS-230 for both parents, will they ask us to redo the application?

2. Is this the reason why they canceled our appointment date that was supposed to be Oct 3?

Help!

Wow, they canceled my appointment too. Ours was Oct. 2. I wonder what is up.

Luckily we were able to reschedule ours to Sept. 25.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Wow, they canceled my appointment too. Ours was Oct. 2. I wonder what is up.

Luckily we were able to reschedule ours to Sept. 25.

thanks for the reply. may i ask how did you do it? i want to reschedule too.

also, do i need to send DS 260 too even if I already submitted DS 230?

Edited by skywalkerjedi

thanks for the reply. may i ask how did you do it? i want to reschedule too?

also, do i need to send DS 260 too even if I already submitted DS 230?

My fiance called the number provided in the cancellation email and they offered her available alternative dates.

Good question to ask them when you do. But this is on their website:

"Effective September 1, 2013, the DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application & Registration, and DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent will replace the paper-based DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (parts I and II) and the DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent. The DS-260 and DS-261 are fully integrated online electronic visa application forms used to collect the necessary application information from persons seeking immigrant visas. These online forms are completed and submitted online to the Department of State via the Internet through the Consular Electronic Applications Center (CEAC). The forms may be partially completed, saved online to finish, and submitted later; or the forms can be completed and submitted in a single session.

"To determine if your petition began processing in time to join the program and to access Form DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application, and Form DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent, click Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website. After logging in, follow the directions displayed noting the following:

"If CEAC provides you with the option of completing a DS-260 (note it may be grayed-out because you have not paid your Immigrant Visa Fee), you are required to complete the DS-260.

"If CEAC provides you with online payment information only, you are NOT required to complete the DS-260.

If your petition did not go through the NVC process (for example, you filed your petition overseas), your invoice ID number will be the principal applicants date of birth (YYYYMMDD)."

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just realized that US Embassy in Manila already accepts DS-260 for immigrants. I just found out about this today and this got me thinking.

1. I did the DS-230 for both parents, will they ask us to redo the application?

2. Is this the reason why they canceled our appointment date that was supposed to be Oct 3?

Help!

1. maybe, maybe not. depends on what's what for casefile status at NVC.

2. NO.

For clarity - call into NVC, talk with supervisor, nowish.

What's preventing you from using a telephone, calling into NVC?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

My fiance called the number provided in the cancellation email and they offered her available alternative dates.

Good question to ask them when you do. But this is on their website:

"Effective September 1, 2013, the DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application & Registration, and DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent will replace the paper-based DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (parts I and II) and the DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent. The DS-260 and DS-261 are fully integrated online electronic visa application forms used to collect the necessary application information from persons seeking immigrant visas. These online forms are completed and submitted online to the Department of State via the Internet through the Consular Electronic Applications Center (CEAC). The forms may be partially completed, saved online to finish, and submitted later; or the forms can be completed and submitted in a single session.

"To determine if your petition began processing in time to join the program and to access Form DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application, and Form DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent, click Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website. After logging in, follow the directions displayed noting the following:

"If CEAC provides you with the option of completing a DS-260 (note it may be grayed-out because you have not paid your Immigrant Visa Fee), you are required to complete the DS-260.

"If CEAC provides you with online payment information only, you are NOT required to complete the DS-260.

If your petition did not go through the NVC process (for example, you filed your petition overseas), your invoice ID number will be the principal applicants date of birth (YYYYMMDD)."

thanks! will ask if there are available dates. glad to get in touch with you here. good luck on your interview!

I submitted DS-230 first week of August. I'll ask them later when I call. :)

1. maybe, maybe not. depends on what's what for casefile status at NVC.

2. NO.

For clarity - call into NVC, talk with supervisor, nowish.

What's preventing you from using a telephone, calling into NVC?

thank you! I'll call in today. will let you know what happens. :)

Timeline

since you already got an interview date,

then you have 'case complete' at NVC already.

a NEW DS-260 should not be required, however,

you really should use a telephone, call into NVC, see what's what, nowish.

having a 'case complete' at NVC - negates any usage of a DS-260, for your parents' casefile.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Our case got completed right before the new change of the DS-260 and we called NVC to verify they said no in our case, but it may differ pending on progress at NVC for each case so it does not hurt to call NVC and ask them and ask them again to verify by calling later and talking to another rep, if they all say same thing its safe to assume what they are saying is correct.

Met in person : 2009-02-24
Second visit : 2010-03-12
Married : 2012-07-17
I-130 Sent : 2013-01-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-01-28
NOA2 : 2013-05-16

NVC Received : 2013-06-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2013-06-25
Return I 864: 2013-06-26
Return DS 3032: 2013-07-01

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Or just follow the instructions I posted to find out if you need to fill out a DS260 or not. It's pretty cut and dry. I followed it, and found out that I don't need to.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

This topic needs to be moved to the Philippines forum by the way.

Why? DS-260 usage is universal now.

Timeline

since you already got an interview date,

then you have 'case complete' at NVC already.

a NEW DS-260 should not be required, however,

you really should use a telephone, call into NVC, see what's what, nowish.

having a 'case complete' at NVC - negates any usage of a DS-260, for your parents' casefile.

that makes sense. :) thanks for enlightening me.

Timeline

Our case got completed right before the new change of the DS-260 and we called NVC to verify they said no in our case, but it may differ pending on progress at NVC for each case so it does not hurt to call NVC and ask them and ask them again to verify by calling later and talking to another rep, if they all say same thing its safe to assume what they are saying is correct.

i'll call them tonight. need to finish things up around the house. :) thanks!

Timeline

oh come on - you should call them now. they are open for 3 hours and 45 minutes more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.