formywife

Paid IV fee, Now where and How to fill DS-260 form online

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi All,

Finally IV bill has been issued and I paid it today. Payment status is now showing as "In Process", Now I am confused, How Can I fill this new form DS-260 online? Do I have to wait for this payment to be accepted by NVC and NVC will email me with link to fill DS-260 or what else I have to Do to to fill form DS-260?

Correct me if I am wrong, I believe I 1st have to fill DS-260 before mailing supporting documents( Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, etc) to NVC, but I am not seeing any way to fill this form in ceac.state.gov website.

Please let me know how can I move further, I will really appreciate your help and support.

Thank you

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

Feb 17, 2012: Mailed I-130 Petition.

Feb 20, 2012: Received NOA 1 ( Priority Date Feb 18, 2012).

July 12, 2013: Requested USCIS to Upgrade petition from F2A to CR1.

July 27, 2013: USCIS sent confirmation email regarding upgrade.

July 29, 2013: I-130 Petition Approved dancin5hr.gifwow.gifdancin5hr.gifstar_smile.gifsmile.png

August 02, 2013: NOA 2 Received.

August 12, 2013: NVC Received the Petition

August 29, 2013: NVC Assigned the Case Number

September 4, 2013: AOS Bill Invoiced.

September 4, 2013: NVC requested to fill DS-261 via email.

September 4, 2013: Filed DS-261 online.

September 4, 2013: Paid AOS bill online.

September 6, 2013: NVC Accepted AOS bill payment.

September 6, 2013: Mailed I-864Ez to NVC

September 11, 2013: NVC Entered AOS Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

September 16, 2013: IV Bill Invoiced.

September 16, 2013: IV Bill Paid.

September 17, 2013: NVC Accepted IV Bill Payment.

September 19, 2013: Filed DS-260 Online

September 20, 2013: Mailed Civil Documents for IV application

September 23 ,2013 : NVC Entered Civil Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

October 1, 2013 : NVC Accepted AOS. smile.png

October 17, 2013: Case Complete smile.png

October 28, 2013: Interview Scheduled wow.gifdancin5hr.gif

December 11, 2013: Interview

December 26, 2013: Visa Received

January 4, 2014: POE, Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi All,

Finally IV bill has been issued and I paid it today. Payment status is now showing as "In Process", Now I am confused, How Can I fill this new form DS-260 online? Do I have to wait for this payment to be accepted by NVC and NVC will email me with link to fill DS-260 or what else I have to Do to to fill form DS-260?

Correct me if I am wrong, I believe I 1st have to fill DS-260 before mailing supporting documents( Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, etc) to NVC, but I am not seeing any way to fill this form in ceac.state.gov website.

Please let me know how can I move further, I will really appreciate your help and support.

Thank you

Jump on over to the NVC filers thread many knowledgeable folk on this subject ready to help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/451446-nvc-filers-september-2013/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Thank you

Hei! How did they issue you an IV bill invoice? Do they sent it through email or the one in ceac website appeared available? Thanks

Timeline

Hei! How did they issue you an IV bill invoice? Do they sent it through email or the one in ceac website appeared available? Thanks

I received Email from NVC regarding payment for IV Bill. They attached the invoice in the email and I paid it online. I became able to fill DS-260 form only after payment is accepted. Hope this helps

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

July 29, 2013: I-130 Petition Approved dancin5hr.gifwow.gifdancin5hr.gifstar_smile.gifsmile.png

September 11, 2013: NVC Entered AOS Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

September 23 ,2013 : NVC Entered Civil Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

Timeline

I received Email from NVC regarding payment for IV Bill. They attached the invoice in the email and I paid it online. I became able to fill DS-260 form only after payment is accepted. Hope this helps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the response.

Another question...how many days did it took since you send the I-864 package from issuing the IV bill?

=)

These 2 things are not related, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I thought of that also since I've read many forums regarding the Aos and IV bill that is'nt related to each other.

I'm just trying to figure out what will happen next since there's an online application. And there's only few post regarding ds-260 this month in Vj so I'm quite clueless about the new system.

So probably I'll just wait for their email.Hope it will be send soon.

Thank you =)

Timeline

keep checking the online payment portal.

When the IV Fee Bill is marked as 'paid', another internal flag will get set, and you'll be able to fill in the DS-260 online.

I invite you to find and read the SEP 2013 NVC Monthly filers thread, and read post #1.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for the response.

Another question...how many days did it took since you send the I-864 package from issuing the IV bill?

=)

As Mentioned by Darnell above, these two are not related at all. You can see at my signature below how many days it took for NVC to issue IV bill after I sent I-864 Packet. As Per my Signature below, NVC put I-864 Packet in their system on September 11 and issued IV Bill was invoiced in September 16. Hope this helps. Wish you all the best on your IV journey.

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

Timeline

Thanks for the help formywife and Darnell.I'm reading SEP 2013 NVC filer everyday.Thanks again =)

Cool ! Back at post #1 - there's a ton of things listed with links, to click through and read.

Please , I beg of you, click more, read more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.