dvora

DS-260 vaccination requirement question

20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have filed for my wife on F2A category and she had submitted DS-230 which we were told was replaced by DS-260 online version as of Sept 3rd,2013. DS-260 online version is similar to DS-230 but we are stuck at one question:

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? trg_bk.GIF
Yes No

She is from Mumbai, India and not sure what US laws are and their requirements. Although she has most of the vaccination required we are not sure if they will accept her local doctors certificate regarding the same. If you answer NO, it asks to explain and opens a new box.

We were going to answer NO and write explanation that she has all vaccinations according to Indian Law. Please guide if this will be OK to do as it is confusing and don't want it to affect her application.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have filed for my wife on F2A category and she had submitted DS-230 which we were told was replaced by DS-260 online version as of Sept 3rd,2013. DS-260 online version is similar to DS-230 but we are stuck at one question:

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? trg_bk.GIF
Yes No

She is from Mumbai, India and not sure what US laws are and their requirements. Although she has most of the vaccination required we are not sure if they will accept her local doctors certificate regarding the same. If you answer NO, it asks to explain and opens a new box.

We were going to answer NO and write explanation that she has all vaccinations according to Indian Law. Please guide if this will be OK to do as it is confusing and don't want it to affect her application.

Do not put (no) because she has a (Vaccination) immunization shot record. She will need to show it. So put yes

Keep it Real

Timeline

hi, we filled 'yes' after consulting an attorney.

Because the DS 260 will be used at the time of interview and by that time, we will finish our medical test and have all medical records as per NVC rules. Embassy-approved panel physician records are accepted. Please note that medical tests should be scheduled ONLY after we receive interview letter.

The following links may be helpful:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/BMB-MED-ENGL-0004-1305.pdf

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Good luck!

Answer is yes because you will have medical and will have all shots done before interview

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Timeline

hi, we filled 'yes' after consulting an attorney.

Because the DS 260 will be used at the time of interview and by that time, we will finish our medical test and have all medical records as per NVC rules. Embassy-approved panel physician records are accepted. Please note that medical tests should be scheduled ONLY after we receive interview letter.

The following links may be helpful:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/BMB-MED-ENGL-0004-1305.pdf

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Good luck!

Hey thanks alot for the info on this. I was not sure because as of today she does not have all records of vaccinations, but I agree that at the time of interview she will have all her records because her Medical would have been completed. We will answer YES to it . Thanks for help

Timeline

I called NVC today ... The rep told me to put YES since my wife will have all the required vaccinations and records at the time of interview. ..but she then told me she would check it with her supervisor and put me on hold for couple of mins. ...she came back and said that I can answer it NO since at this time she dosesnt have documentation and visa officers are aware that at the time of interview everyone has it...

I asked her to confirm that if I answer NO if it will not affect the application in anyway..she confirmed that and told me to write in the Explain Box that all vaccinations records will be brougth to interview after Medical exam is completed....

i guess either way it should be fine as long as you have all records at interview

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I answered "NO" and explained:

"AS OF TODAY, I DON'T HAVE ANY DOCUMENTATION TO ESTABLISH THAT I HAVE RECEIVED

VACCINATIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH U.S. LAW SINCE MY CASE IS STILL IN PROCESS AT THE

NATIONAL VISA CENTER. I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED INSTRUCTIONS TO TAKE THE MEDICAL

EXAMINATION."

I submitted my DS260 Sept 4. It's SOP that they will have our vaccine and medical records at the day of the interview because the clinic will forward it to them and nobody gets exempted from the mandatory medical exam. A copy of the vaccine records is also given to the applicants so we can easily provide that to the consul.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

I answered "NO" and explained:

"AS OF TODAY, I DON'T HAVE ANY DOCUMENTATION TO ESTABLISH THAT I HAVE RECEIVED

VACCINATIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH U.S. LAW SINCE MY CASE IS STILL IN PROCESS AT THE

NATIONAL VISA CENTER. I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED INSTRUCTIONS TO TAKE THE MEDICAL

EXAMINATION."

I submitted my DS260 Sept 4. It's SOP that they will have our vaccine and medical records at the day of the interview because the clinic will forward it to them and nobody gets exempted from the mandatory medical exam. A copy of the vaccine records is also given to the applicants so we can easily provide that to the consul.

We are going to do the same and explain in the box ''NOT AT THIS MOMENT BUT WILL HAVE DOCUMENTATION AT THE TIME OF VISA INTERVIEW AFTER MY MEDICAL EXAMINATION IS CONDUCTED. (CONFIRMED ABOVE WITH NVC REPRESENTATIVE).''

Since I had called NVC I included that part in my explaination too. I will ask my wife to submit it today. thanks.

Timeline

We are going to do the same and explain in the box ''NOT AT THIS MOMENT BUT WILL HAVE DOCUMENTATION AT THE TIME OF VISA INTERVIEW AFTER MY MEDICAL EXAMINATION IS CONDUCTED. (CONFIRMED ABOVE WITH NVC REPRESENTATIVE).''

Since I had called NVC I included that part in my explaination too. I will ask my wife to submit it today. thanks.

good.gif

Timeline

Hi Apple21.

how it is possible for advance medical examination.

recently i have submitted ds 260 and waiting for case completion.

In our country, the facility allows applicants to take an advance medical provided we are aware that the visa validity depends on the validity of the medical exam.

We are just required to present the letter from NVC showing our case number.

Timeline

In our country, the facility allows applicants to take an advance medical provided we are aware that the visa validity depends on the validity of the medical exam.

ya i understood...

Timeline

Hi apple21

have u received a mail from NVC ,regarding case completion....

Timeline

Hi apple21

have u received a mail from NVC ,regarding case completion....

Not yet. My husband (petitioner) called NVC this morning and the NVC operator told him that we are case complete as of Sept 30.

I think the case complete email will come after 5 or 7 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.