oohpartiv

I-130 MARCH 2013 FILERS!! NBC

4,812 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I flied in January and was approved on Sept 13th..8 months. I think the rest of the January and Feb filers should see some action soon. I just checked USCIS waiting time and it now says 16.6 months...yikes!

I can't wait to be done with this process! The next time I have to deal with USCIS again is when my sister's petition/PD becomes current, which is about 7 years from now. That's a good nice long break!

Congratulations to you! I see you have your timeline filled, but I wonder why it is not showing up in CR-1 statistical timeline.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

How Would a Government Shutdown Affect Immigration Cases? USCIS Cases

Since USCIS is funded primarily through application fees, it is expected that most of its services and centers would operate normally, perhaps with slightly diminished staff. Because USCIS is a government agency which relies on other government agencies to perform its services, there may be certain disruptions; however, overall, case processing at USCIS is expected to resume. Border processing of immigrants and border enforcement activities would continue as they are deemed “essential. How would this affect us it look like it could get slower and even when you get your NOA2. If this happens the process could slow down even more since there are other government agencies in this process. We have been give the three strike rule first there was the illegal amnesty in January 2013. Then the flood in California office extension of the normal time frame from 5 months to 12 month and now the government shut down. I am March filer and looking at this taking up to two years. In December I will go see my family in Brazil and we will look at the options maybe I will move to Brazil or look for another country we both can live in together. Now I want it to take two years we will be married for that long and my family get automatic 10 year green card. Now more dealing with USCIS LOL

There is a probability because USCIS is really slowing down, i dont have any idea what's their main reason why they are processing papers slowly but you can read some of the previous messages above some people explained what's causing it.

I can see your new on this forum, you can fill up your timeline so that you will have an idea when your case will be adjudicated. Good Luck! :)

On the "check my status" website they are now saying the National average processing time for the 1-130 is 16.6 months! Can this be true?

Yesterday is was 9.5 months.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here's another thing that shows how unfair this process. We all should have not gotten married. If you look at the chart for K1 (I-129F) they all show a 5 month period for approval. We show 16,6 months for Married what a joke on us. I think the only way to bring this as a problem. We need to organize with class action suit for money for pain and suffering inhumane treatment. Loss of a marriage and family for cruel and unusual punishment for this long separation anxiety.

My PD 3/20/13... I talked to tier 2 3 days ago and he said that the processing time is 8 to 10 months, but he also said that i should be hearing from them at the end of October early November... I asked him if my file is sitting on your desk the whole entire time?? And he was like "No! It is processing right now!, its just the processing takes a while for the backround check".. i think he got mad when i asked him that lol..

So does it mean that they are processing my file right now and not on pending?

Timeline

My PD 3/20/13... I talked to tier 2 3 days ago and he said that the processing time is 8 to 10 months, but he also said that i should be hearing from them at the end of October early November... I asked him if my file is sitting on your desk the whole entire time?? And he was like "No! It is processing right now!, its just the processing takes a while for the backround check".. i think he got mad when i asked him that lol..

So does it mean that they are processing my file right now and not on pending?

I would not trust anything that Mr. Misinformant tells you.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Found this topic on VJ. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/455423-overland-park-processing/

The peson received his NOA1 at overland park, isn't this the new division that they are talking about? So does that mean this office is already functioning?

event.png

event.png

Found this topic on VJ. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/455423-overland-park-processing/

The peson received his NOA1 at overland park, isn't this the new division that they are talking about? So does that mean this office is already functioning?

No not until next week I believe. A whole bunch of people from May onwards received their NOA1 from Overland Park. I checked my NOA1 and sadly it's from the old NBC office... no idea if that's good or bad any more at this stage!

USCIS (239 days):

04.18.2013 - NOA1

12.13.2013 - NOA2 via email; I-130 approved. Shipped to NVC

NVC (274 days):

12.30.2013 - Arrived at NVC

01.27.2014 - Received case no. & IIN

02.07.2014 - Completed & submitted DS-261 form online

02.13.2014 - Paid AOS bill

02.18.2014 - AOS showing as 'paid'

03.18.2014 - Invoiced for IV bill (finally!)

03.19.2014 - Made payment for IV bill

03.21.2014 - IV bill showing PAID

03.24.2014 - Completed DS-260 online

03.29.2014 - Mailed IV Packet

04.26.2014 - IV packet all approved, false checklist from NVC for AOS packet

05.07.2014 - AOS packet sent

06.12.2014 - AOS packet scanned in (took them THAT LONG to do it)

07.29.2014 - Received checklist via email

07.30.2014 - Sent re-filled AOS form, as per checklist instructions

09.24.2014 - Case Complete (FINALLY)

09.30.2014 - Case leaves NVC

Embassy:

10.29.2014 - Medical

11.04.2014 - Interview in London - APPROVED

11.05.2014 - CEAC - Issued

11.07.2014 - Courier email

11.10.2014 - Passport and visa received via DX courier

In the USA:

12.02.2014 - POE (Denver)

12.24.2014 - ELIS changed to "In Process"

01.05.2015 - Greencard received in mail

ROC:
10.05.2016 - NOA1

12.13.2016 - Biometrics

11.13.2017 - Infopass Appt.

03.30.2018 - Approval

04.05.2018 - Greencard Arrived

For real? I think it's gonna open on the 28th of september. Most of the march filers are with NBC too. I don't know if they will transfer the cases though. But I just hope there will be a bit of progress soon and hopefully once all of us gets approved we don't get stuck with NVC because it seems they are slowing down too.

No not until next week I believe. A whole bunch of people from May onwards received their NOA1 from Overland Park. I checked my NOA1 and sadly it's from the old NBC office... no idea if that's good or bad any more at this stage!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Here's another thing that shows how unfair this process. We all should have not gotten married. If you look at the chart for K1 (I-129F) they all show a 5 month period for approval. We show 16,6 months for Married what a joke on us. I think the only way to bring this as a problem. We need to organize with class action suit for money for pain and suffering inhumane treatment. Loss of a marriage and family for cruel and unusual punishment for this long separation anxiety.

I told my husband that we would probably receive a visa faster if we divorced (after 20+ years), got engaged to each other then applied for a K1 visa! By the way when I crossed into the US last week the CBP said they are still receiving K3 visas at the border.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I found an article that talks about the processing time for USCIS. http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/immigration-forms-processing-times/?r=fbuscispt

The processing times are true for all except I-130s

This makes no sense to me

Timeline

The processing times are true for all except I-130s

This makes no sense to me

Seriously! I don't know what type of logic (if any) USCIS is using to process this applications, but they have to improve this to provide better customer service and for the sake of families that are suffering. I think lack of competition against this agency is the culprit.

And K-1s are getting approved in less than 120 days. Really? makes no sense USCIS

Edited by goldensky99

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.