hopefulls

Question 35 on the 129F Form

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can someone please tell us what document is needed if I met my fiance online? We met on Afro Introduction and we think it is considered to be IMB but we are not sure what document to submit regarding the IMB since we were introduced by a dating website.

Please help, thanks a lot

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

"TO LOVE IS NOTHING. TO BE LOVED IS SOMETHING. BUT TO BE LOVED BY THE PERSON YOU LOVE...IS EVERYTHING."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello!

I find myself in the same predicament as daju and am glad that this question has been posted! My fiancee and I are close to being ready to submit the initial I-129F package and along comes this updated form, specifying this new requirement: "If you answered “Yes,” provide the Internet and/or Street Address below. In additional, attach a copy of the signed, written consent form the IMB [international Marriage Broker] obtained from your beneficiary authorizing the release of your beneficiary’s personal contact information to you. If additional space is needed, attach a separate sheet of paper."

Given the mind-numbing way in which an IMB is defined by this law, I am at a loss on how to proceed with this. My fiancee and I met on Elena's Models. We never saw anything having to do with concent forms and I never obtained her personal contact information from Elena's Models. We communicated through the site's email a few times and then exchanged personal email and Skype addresses (and one thing led to another...).

Today, my fiancee contacted Elena's Models, posing this question and recieved a quick reply informing her that Elena's Models is not and IMB. Now... It is nice that they see themselves this way, but I'm more concerned about how the USCIS and DOS views them, for obvious reasons!

My inclination is to answer no to Question 35, but to have some sort of documentation on hand from Elena's Models to justify this (mainly for fiancee and the interview process).

If anyone could shed some light on how to deal with this new requirement, your help would be most appriciated. There are two of us scratching our heads and I am sure that this is going to stump many others as well.

Thank you.

I dont think afrointroductions is under imbra since the foreign woman wasn't provided any criminal records etc. before her info was released. also, i think it has the same style as filipinocupid, which means it is purely up to the woman if she will give out her information.

not sure about elena's models because they have posted stuff in the past saying they adhere to imbra, but this wasn't mandatory. this was way back 2006-ish though, and if this isn't practiced anymore, then that means they arent under imbra either and that they are just a dating site too.

also, if you've never been convicted of any of the crimes mentioned on imbra, then you dont have to worry :)

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The consensus opinion is the these sites listed are NOT marriage brokers....however when we did ours, I personally concluded (didn't know about VJ at the time) and listed EM and their adressess, etc. Never was an issue. .....

So if you want, list them out.....or not. Your call. Not an issue.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

if you met online, I dont think it is IMB. what website did you meet on?

Our Story

April 2012 - Met in my hometown

Sept 6, 2012 - Trip to the Philippines

Sept 7, 2012 - Officially a couple

Dec 3-7, 2012 - Trip to Hong Kong!

April 20, 2013 - I went to Guam biggrin.png

May 2013 - Came back and he proposed!

Jan 3, 2014 - Official engagement according to my custom

K1 Visa Journey

August 28, 2013 - Mailed I-129F

Sept 10, 2013 - NOA1 (hardcopy)

Oct 2, 2013 - NOA2

Nov 6, 2013 - NVC received (Case creation date)

Nov 8, 2013 - NVC left

Nov 12, 2013 - Embassy received

Nov 22, 2013 - CEAC status updated (p3 sent to me)

Nov 29, 2013 - Received P3

Dec 2, 2013 - Replied P3

Dec 4, 2013 - CEAC status updated (Embassy received P3)

Dec 13, 2013 - CEAC status updated (interview date assigned - Called DoS to get it)

Dec 16, 2013 - Medical in Kuching - Passed

Dec 20, 2013 - Received P4 hardcopy

Jan 9, 2013 - RESULT: APPROVED!!!!!

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@ N& P, we met on Afro Introductions

Thanks all for the info!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

"TO LOVE IS NOTHING. TO BE LOVED IS SOMETHING. BUT TO BE LOVED BY THE PERSON YOU LOVE...IS EVERYTHING."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.