I have a friend who is an older USC and she applied for her BF to come on a K-1 visa. He recently had his interview and was denied because there is an age difference between then 20s to 50s. How can one prove that this is not a fake relationship and appeal the denial?
What exactly did their 221g denial form say? No way you can be denied just for age difference and no CO will just say that. you denied because of age difference.
You said age difference was 20's to 50's. Do you mean the man is in his 20's and the woman is in her 50;'s?
Best way to show proof of bonafide relationship is visits. face time is #1. here is a list they may consider also. depending on country some weigh heavier than others.
Also what were the questions?
How was their confidence?
many times people think its one thing and its not that at all. This list is for married people but still some engaged folk have some of this.
1. Evidence of Communication Before and After Marriage
- Phone bills showing who called whom
- Greeting cards
- Chat logs
- Emails / PM’s
- Delivery receipts (of gifts you send each other)
2. Evidence of Visits / Vacations / Meeting in Person
- Boarding passes
- Passport stamps
- Hotel receipts with both your names
- Vacation / honeymoon photos
- Receipts or bank statements showing remote ATM withdrawals (to show you were pulling money from that location at such time)
3. Evidence of Co-habitation During Marriage
- Birth certificates of any children born to you together
- Mortgage loan contract or lease contract with both partners’ names in it
- Utility bills with both partners’ names
- Receipts with both partners’ names in shipping/billing address
- Pictures of you two living together
4. Evidence of Joint Ownership of Assets and Shared Financial Responsibility
- Joint bank account statements
- Proof of joint credit card use
- Money transfer receipts
- Power of Attorney
- Wills (never used this)
- Utility bills
- Life insurance policy showing spouse as beneficiary
- Health insurance
- Car insurance
5. Photographic Evidence
- Photos of you two together
- Photos of you two with family (such as wedding, parties, kids’ graduation, etc.)
- Photos of you two in various locations and times
6. Evidence from Others in Support of Bona Fide Marriage
- Sworn affidavits of friends and/or family
- Letters/cards from friends and/or family