Biometric Appointment

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I received NOA1 on Dec 4th from Nebraska Service Center, but haven't got Biometrics mail yet. I need to be out of town from 23rd. My question is, if the appointment for Bio is the day while I am away, would I be in trouble? I am really getting worried... :crying: but I got flight ticket and can't change! Is there anybody who couldn't go on your appointment day? Thanks.

I received NOA1 on Dec 4th from Nebraska Service Center, but haven't got Biometrics mail yet. I need to be out of town from 23rd. My question is, if the appointment for Bio is the day while I am away, would I be in trouble? I am really getting worried... :crying: but I got flight ticket and can't change! Is there anybody who couldn't go on your appointment day? Thanks.

It seems a lot of people got a biometrics letter that allows you to delay the appointment if you can't make it. My letter said I could turn up on a certain given day at the same time and they would still process me. So don't be worried -- just deal with it when it happens. I doubt you will get in any trouble. :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

When you get the biometric appointment notice (if you get one -- apparently not everyone always gets one), it will have instructions on how to request a rescheduled appointment. We had about ten days between receving the notice and the date the notice said we were supposed to come in, so it would have been a problem if and only if we had been on an extended trip.

I'm guessing they might not be scheduling too heavily around the 23rd, because their own employees are probably requesting vacations, too. But that's just a guess.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just got my wife's biometrics appointment today. There's one part where you can request for rescheduling: You can reschedule for the next Wednesday afternoon or Saturday afternoon. USCIS can not guarantee the day preferred, but will do so to the extent possible. Upon receipt of your request, you will be provided a new appointment notice. Make a copy of this notice for your records, then mail the original with your request to your local USCIS....

-I-129F:

May 27th, 2003 NOA1

November 25th, 2003 NOA2

December 4th, 2003 received Packet 3

December 25th, 2003 send Packet 3 back to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

April 6th, 2004 Interview for K-1 visa.

April 6th, 2004 Got K-1 visa. Phew!

June 1st, 2004 Wedding in Vietnam.

June 4th, headed back to the USA.

June 26th, went to Old Courthouse of Santa Ana (CA) to get marriage license.

July 14th, 2004 received certified copy of marriage license.

-I-485, I-765:

July 20th, 2004 mailed AOS, EAD to SA Sub Office, CA.

July 22th, AOS package arrived at SA Sub Office.

Sept. 23th, fingerprint and biometrics (appointment letter with receipt).

Sept. 24th, EAD obtained.

Feb. 22nd, 2005, AOS interview (approuvé ,I-551 stamp)

March 4th, 2005, "Welcome to the USA" letter. (NOA)

March 7th, 2005, received REAL green card (3/4 pic)

AOS interview experience @ SA Sub Office

.png

G's biometrics letter had a section where you can check "I cannot make my scheduled appointment. Make me an appointment for the next available ___ Wednesday afternoon ___ Saturday afternoon." Then you mail it back for a new appointment.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Timeline

Have a question regarding I-751 -- We sent out I-751 recently and waiting for INS to send NOA1. Based on the timeline of others going through this process, it looks like it could take up to 2 months to receive the NOA. However, my husband is traveling abroad in January and returning to US in April 2007. If the biometric appointment is received at this time, can it be postponed until he returns to the US in April 2007? How does the re-scheduling work? Has anyone come across this?

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife just did her biometrics today.. We missed our appointment date for december 14, 2006.. Somehow the appointment letter was stuck to junk mail and didn't see it till the Saturday december 16, 2006. I was about to have a heart attack, but the letter clearly states at the bottom that you can go to the office on any wednesday at 8am. You have until a certain date to get your biomentrics. ours was on 2.07.. Anyway, there was no problem, we walked in at 8am and got out at 8:45am... The only thing was the wait, but actual picture and fingerprint took less then 5 minutes.. Goodluck! :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I am on the vacation in FL right now and got a phone call from parents-in-law about biometrics appointment. Ours will be on Dec 29th at 9:00am. But we can't make it that day since we are not going back unitil Dec 31st. But in the letter it says that "if you are unable to appear at the time you may go on any FOLLOWING Wednesday at the same time noted above as long as you appear before 3/15/2007". So I guess I don't need to call USCIS 1800 number to cancel the appointment and all I have to do is to show up on Jan 3rd or Jan 10th at 9:00 am for my biometrics appointment, then I should be fine right?

Thanks.

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline (Cincinnati /MSC)

4/27/04 Receipt date for AP, EAD and AOS

5/10/04 Notice date for AP, EAD and AOS

7/21/04 Online EAD approval

7/26/04 EAD card arrived in the mail.

8/16/04 Online AP approval

8/21/04 AP documents in the mail

12/29/04 Receive AOS interview notice

2/24/05 Successful and easy AOS interview with I-551 stamp on the passport.

3/8/05 Green Card arrives in the mail.

Will file I-751 to remove my condition between November 27, 2006 and Feb 27, 2007.

I-751 (Removal of Conditional Residence, NBC)

12/04/06 Mailed out I-751 application through Express Mail

12/05/06 I-751 arrived in Lincoln, NE

12/07/06 check was cashed

12/21/06 NOA1 received with receipt date 12/06/06

12/22/06 biometrics appointment received

12/29/06 original biometrics appointment (didn't make it due to vacation)

1/3/07 biometrics appointment done in cincinnati ASC (only right index finger and photo were taken)

9/14/07 Received an email from USCIS stating that card is in production.

• 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Biometric Appointment

We just got our letter yesterday. Do I need to be there also or can my wife who is filing for AOS go alone?

If your wife needs an interpreter, you can accompany her. Otherwise, only she will be admitted in the building to get her biometrics done.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Biometric Appointment

We just got our letter yesterday. Do I need to be there also or can my wife who is filing for AOS go alone?

If your wife needs an interpreter, you can accompany her. Otherwise, only she will be admitted in the building to get her biometrics done.

Wow they won't even let the spouse in? No she doesn't need a interpreter, I just can't take the day off.

Thanks

Timeline
Biometric Appointment

Wow they won't even let the spouse in? No she doesn't need a interpreter, I just can't take the day off.

Thanks

I went for my biometrics on June 4th. The security guard asked my husband and I if the appointment was for both of us or just me. When I replied "me", he asked if I spoke/understood English well enough without requiring an interpreter. When I replied yes, he nicely told my husband that he couldn't come with me to the appointment. My district office has a relatively small waiting room for biometrics -- if everyone there when I was there had their spouses with them, it would have been standing room only!

Edited by Cassie

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

• 8 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi mate,

does the asc appointment need both the petitioner and the beneficary to do the biometric? please advice bec im the petitioner but im out of the country for 5 months thanks alot folks

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Timeline

the person that needs to go to the biometrics appointment is the beneficiary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.