Ryan H

NVC Filers - September 2013

412 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

I recently received a checklist from NVC saying a police clearance should be obtained for the file to be complete. I waited for 2 weeks and am still waiting for my wife's police clearance because it takes some time. I called the NVC and asked if i need to send in the Police clearance certificate and the lady said no. She said that the check list says that it only needs to be "obtained". You need to bring it to the interview. It is not required to send it to the NVC.

I just wanted to confirm from you guys, did anyone of you receive the same response or are aware of this?

My consulate is Mumbai, India.

Aryann

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all,

I recently received a checklist from NVC saying a police clearance should be obtained for the file to be complete. I waited for 2 weeks and am still waiting for my wife's police clearance because it takes some time. I called the NVC and asked if i need to send in the Police clearance certificate and the lady said no. She said that the check list says that it only needs to be "obtained". You need to bring it to the interview. It is not required to send it to the NVC.

I just wanted to confirm from you guys, did anyone of you receive the same response or are aware of this?

My consulate is Mumbai, India.

Aryann

To get people to answer you really should be posting in the most current thread. We are in December now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/468369-nvc-filers-december-2013/page-2#entry6679964

To answer your question. You need to call back and ask if you have case complete now. And yes they have said that to others. But you need to call so you aren't sitting waiting.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

To get people to answer you really should be posting in the most current thread. We are in December now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/468369-nvc-filers-december-2013/page-2#entry6679964

To answer your question. You need to call back and ask if you have case complete now. And yes they have said that to others. But you need to call so you aren't sitting waiting.

Thanks I did post it to december thread. Well another glitch that I have is I had sent in my original marriage certificate but they claim that its not original. So I put in a request for the supervisor to verify and told that I will send in another original as I have got multiple issued.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

IV fee is now $325 :( That's one for each: my wife... and two sons. $975 total. Whew.

...and you can't fill out the online DS260 unless you pay up. Wish I had known sooner so I could have made that payment sooner!! I was waiting till I had the documents from the AOS stage sent in. Bad idea.

So now I'm going to wait until I complete the DS260's for everyone, then see if there is any additional information/stuff I need to include in my packet.

Funny thing is my wife finds the process frustrating. I feel her, but to be honest every country's immigration process is. Actually to be fair this process isn't nearly as frustrating as the non-immigrant visa process I suffered under in her home country (Thailand) -- which is the main reason I decided to move back to the US (WITH the family in tow)!!!

Edit: Whoops. This thread is by month. I'm sure the new visa fee has been flogged over and over by now.. sorry.

Edited by theanimaster

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

IV fee is now $325 :( That's one for each: my wife... and two sons. $975 total. Whew.

...and you can't fill out the online DS260 unless you pay up. Wish I had known sooner so I could have made that payment sooner!! I was waiting till I had the documents from the AOS stage sent in. Bad idea.

So now I'm going to wait until I complete the DS260's for everyone, then see if there is any additional information/stuff I need to include in my packet.

Funny thing is my wife finds the process frustrating. I feel her, but to be honest every country's immigration process is. Actually to be fair this process isn't nearly as frustrating as the non-immigrant visa process I suffered under in her home country (Thailand) -- which is the main reason I decided to move back to the US (WITH the family in tow)!!!

Edit: Whoops. This thread is by month. I'm sure the new visa fee has been flogged over and over by now.. sorry.

WOW do you realize you are posting in a thread almost 2 years old. Here is the current post. No one is here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/538656-nvc-filers-march-2015/#entry7500998

Here is the updated NVC Process for you

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further discussion~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.