MichaelSutisien

Packet 3/ Jakarta Embassy (split)

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

In the packet 4 you received,

number 3 stated that:

"The fee is USD 240.00 payable in Rupiah CASH"

The updated info i've read is Payment through Permata Bank/Standard Chartered Bank is for the other type of visa except CR-1 & K1.

I'd follow the instruction in packet 4.

Edited by ButterflyAngelo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the packet 4 you received,

number 3 stated that:

"The fee is USD 240.00 payable in Rupiah CASH"

The updated info i've read is Payment through Permata Bank/Standard Chartered Bank is for the other type of visa except CR-1 & K1.

I'd follow the instruction in packet 4.

If you are not comfortable bring the money in cash alone, maybe you can ask someone you know to company you to the embassy (of course they will only can wait outside or they can go back home).

That's what i did and some people, they ask someone (family member) to company them so no need to worry about bringing cash.

This is just a suggestion.

Good luck on the interview :)

Edited by ButterflyAngelo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Quick question.

My DS-230 Form that I downloaded has the term "Spouse" instead of Fiancee.

Did I download the correct form?

Do you mean number 14? I think it's supposed to be ex spouse, I'm not quite sure. But I followed the sample from Vj link here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

I put it as none.

Timeline

Thank you very much for your quick responce. I just received today my I-797 Notice of Action that my Petition was approved.

How long do you think that it will take for our Jakarta Embassy email me the Packet 3 and 4?

Timeline

Congrats for getting approved. Well, as an estimation, I'd say probably around 3-6 weeks. You can create a timeline and check other Indonesian Vjers timeline as a comparison.

Mine was like this:

24-07-13 Approved

29-08-13 Usem contacted Fiance asking for my updated information about email address, mailing address and contact number.

Replied the email asap. They sent me packet 3 on the same day.

30-08-13 I sent an email to them asking for my interview date. Got a reply on the same day.

The embassy was pretty quick in response in my case.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Once your petition is approved by USCIS, it's now on the way to NVC. You should received email from NVC with a Case Number beginning with JAK for Jakarta Embassy. From here, your case will be forwarded to Jakarta Embassy. You can email Jakarta Embassy for the status of your petition to JakIV@state.gov. After Jakarta Embassy received your files, they will send petitioner with Packet 3, which contains about 10 files attachments.

1. Document Preparation for Fiance Visa Interview

2. Police Certificate Information.pdf (not needed for Indonesia)

3. DS-156K

4. DS-230

5. I-134

6. I-134 instruction

7. List of panel physicians

8. Photographs requirements

9. List of sworn translators for Surabaya

10. List of sworn tranlators for Jakarta

The above steps were based from our K-1 experience last year.

dear dandk

i have a question, what document we should send back regarding packet 3?

Timeline

Since dandk hasn't given you answer yet, let me give you the answer. You don't need to send anything back to US embassy Jakarta but bring all the requirements they ask to the interview.

Thanks 4 ur answer. Then what is packet 3 sent after packet 3 received mean?

Timeline

You're welcome.

have you received packet 3? You will be able to know what to do when you have the packet 3. USEM will send it by email.

no, i havent receive packet 3 yet. i checked my status at ceac that our case is ready on november 25th.

but until now there is no email about packet 3. i did email jakiv@travel.gov asking if they received my approved petition or not.

the answer is they will email me if they receive it.

Question:

1. If the status READY its mean it received by embassy, isnt it?

2. can i ignore the packet 3 and go ahead with scheduling an interview (like ceilla did)?

please help everybody

no, i havent receive packet 3 yet. i checked my status at ceac that our case is ready on november 25th.

but until now there is no email about packet 3. i did email jakiv@travel.gov asking if they received my approved petition or not.

Question:

2. can i ignore the packet 3 and go ahead with scheduling an interview (like ceilla did)?

please help everybody

My last updated status on CEAC was November 8th and I don't receive packet 3 yet. I know some girl, she's from Phillippines and already have her interview scheduled this December though I've got my case number faster than her. So, my guess is, USEM in Jakarta will send packet 3 based on approval date of I-129F because the Filipina girl got approved earlier than me.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Question:

please help everybody

1. It can be received by embassy or maybe still on it's way from NVC to embassy.

2. You can try what Ceila did if you know what requirement to prepare and have the requirements they want. But make sure that your medical is done before your interview. Do you have your case number? You need it to do the medical and to ask schedule for the interview. I'd wait for the packet 3 so I'll know what to do cuz every cases is different & it might work for Ceila but it might not work for me.

Timeline

Thanks 4 ur answer. Then what is packet 3 sent after packet 3 received mean?

Do you mean "packet 3 sent" in the timeline? It means that you completed all the documents needed for the interview including your medical result. The reason why it takes time is probably because it's near the holiday season and there are some public holidays too. Isn't usem closed during Indonesia and US public holiday?

As butterflyangelo said, you can try to get your medical result first. You can do it by telling your case number from NVC without knowing your interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.